Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

I hate this quote, it's so presumptious and implies the only thing that makes a good game is programming.

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic Boom is an example. That could have been solidly programmed and still would have been a shitty game.

I don't understanddddd why it's not being shown at E3, especially after we saw some gameplay at that awards show. D:

I love Yoshi and Xenoblade X seems awesome.

But the Wii U hasn't lived off of titles that don't do much more than give generally positive responses. Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Kirby's Rainbow Curse, Mario 3D World... they've all been great titles I loved playing, but none of them could get anyone nearly as hype as, say, MK8 or Smash.

Yoshi Wooly World, Splatoon, and Xenoblade X are all gonna be fantastic, I'm sure. But they're not gonna do it like a Zelda U will. And going by how little they'd shown of Zelda U and how Star Fox had shown even LESS, that one's all but confirmed for next year too.

Stuff's looking bad. Way bad.

Well, looks like my Wii U is getting only one game this year...if it doesn't get delayed in the west too that is.

It got delayed. Whelp can't say I didn't see it coming since even Skyward Sword got delays when it was first coming out too.

I hate this quote, it's so presumptious and implies the only thing that makes a good game is programming.

Well I mean, I guess it also means that a longer developed game gives more time to add / work on things that otherwise would be left on the cutting room floor or be horribly mangled in comparison. Also more time to find out their limitations and fit in all they can into it, both visually and technically. That's kind of the vibe I get from Miyamoto's statement, not just that more programming makes all the difference.

But yeah, I'm not bothered by the delay as much as I was earlier. I can wait it out.

And they can't seriously hold back on showing Zelda U for the whole year. Either they're gonna show it off a month or two after E3, or it's gonna be a 'surprise' at the end of their presentation at E3 this year. There's no way they'd drought us for that long.

The delay I can understand.

But not showing it at E3?  I mean, what?  You show shitty off screen footage at a game award show but not the giant ass game expo about getting excited for upcoming games and stuff?

I don't get Nintendo sometimes.

To be honest, I was actually pretty surprised when they said it was coming out this year to begin with when they only announced it last year. I'm not too bummed about it though cause if anything it just shows that they're trying to polish things up instead of hurrying it out the door.

I think they meant they wouldn't be showcasing the game as a demo, probably just footage or a trailer or something.

bet its gonna be a cross gen game. Just take a look of Twilight Princess.

No, the NX is getting more info next year. We won't get it until 2017 at the earliest.

• Thumbs Up 1

The delay I can understand.

But not showing it at E3?  I mean, what?  You show shitty off screen footage at a game award show but not the giant ass game expo about getting excited for upcoming games and stuff?

I don't get Nintendo sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess it is now less than 3 months before much more about this is known!!  ^__^

A gameplay video did pop up a few months ago and was discussed in this topic before the server reset,

which was quite good while still giving away very little!

It may be much more impressive than we are able to expect.  there is so much potential here and i think they will try to meet as much of it as possible!

Stuff's looking bad. Way bad.

This attitude pisses me off, you've got your MK8 and Smash U yet apparently it's bad and doom and gloom for Nintendo because "Zelda delayed" it's like you're saying Zelda is the only franchise carrying the company, Nintendos market is pretty niche in terms of audience, people buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo IPs,and with that alone DK,Bayonetta,3D world,HW,Yoshi and of course Smash and MK8 are by rights system sellers to begin with, just because they delayed Zelda it's apparently "Nintendoom" all over again.

Give the company a fucking break and have faith that Smash,MK8,Splatoon and Xenoblade X will carry the system well enough this year before we start calling stupid shit like "it's looking bad,The wii u will be dust before Zelda is even on the horizon."

Christ.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wish Xenoblade Chronices X will do the Wii U the same as Bloodborne did for the PS4 where a game that you'd think wouldn't sell that much exceeds everyones expectations due to word of mouth from previous titles, as well as selling out and selling a good amount of systems.

As long as they release it in Summer/Autumn then hopefully. I don't think it will do well as a holiday game.

This attitude pisses me off, you've got your MK8 and Smash U yet apparently it's bad and doom.

I bought my Wii-U for Mario Kart 8, got the game during midnight launch, turn out to be enjoyable, but no much on me. Yet Sm4sh i wasn't hype into it, crazy talk right i presume? turn out to stop played 3month after the release of it. I gotten Musou Hyrule midnight release. and very amazing enjoyable. Still playing it with the content it has. Bayonetta+2 was probably the game of 2014 i do love just like Metal Gear Rising, has amazing OST and addicting gameplay. is there any titles coming out this year we know? i bet X Chronicles is December since it do need to get translate to English. i could it already pre order my Japanese version but hey i totally forgot there region lock in this console. Totally also not Fucking Excusable for the 8th generation console for Nintendo. yet i do bet Japanese have some sweet titles. thankfully i can get a PS4 and hope Battlefront or Titanfall 2 is released soon.

Edited: If nintendo could just bring more open library for Virtual console or other titles on EShop it will be great. yet we just have NES SNES and GBA titles on VC...

Edited by Daisy-Fan

Going by last year's off-screen demo footage, Zelda U is nowhere near completion. This is the kind of game that can't be rushed out without suffering for it.

I just have some concern about the release schedule now. StarFox looks like the big hitter for the end of the year, now.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see what they have in store for the holidays now. We could get some newly revealed games for that time of year at E3 or whatever, sure, but something "big" to fill that void? Who knows...

It's clear that X and Splatoon are some of Nintendos top releases this year, X is raising a lot of hype since it was announced in 2013, people are just waiting for the inevitable release date drop, Smash U is still being supported with Mewtwo and miiverse integrating launching soon, MK8 DLC in May, they might well announce more at E3 which will fill the "void gap" even more, HW had a ridiculous amount of content supporting it for nearly 6 months after release, this includes update free content as well as paid.

Splatoon has a huge promotional campaign going, it's getting coverage from everywhere, including Playboy?? I'd like to think Nintendo has it in the bag again this year, with PS4/XONE struggling to provide consumers with enough worthwhile titles to even justifying a purchase until mid year for Batman and end of year for most games announced.

The only success next gen has had that is fully for this generation of gaming is Bloodborne from the top of my head, Nintendo have released a steady series of quality games yet people still complain, I don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm remembering a Reggie quote about how everyone will always want more, regardless of what they've been getting. Zelda U not hitting in 2015 is disappointing, but not unexpected really. Every single 3D Zelda game has been delayed a year.