Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I've just made a new course in SMW style:

Roy's Secret Passage

C67F-0000-005E-C3F1

This is a recreation of the secret passage in Bowser's Castle in MLSS, specifically when you are about to face Roy.

WVW69iaowtQHUkquFJ

Basic Course for Basic Nerds (26DD-0000-0064-6F59)

First one. Just a simple course with no ambitious setpieces, but there is an alternate path of sorts. I'm interested in eventually designing courses that feel like they could belong in an official Mario game, so this level was good practice.

I accumulated a couple more levels since the last post. May as well share them in a post too! (previous levels: 1, 2)

Midnight Sky Express (B7A0-0000-004A-31D6) [SMB3]
An open level with an improvised auto-scroller for the 2nd part. Also tested a pseudo-checkpoint system here which relies on a hidden block that is sorta pinpointed out later when you hit said checkpoint.

You Likely Saw This Coming Two! (B387-0000-0056-D8C6) [SMB3]
Kind of a sequel to a previous troll level. A bit more complicated and longer than the first one (made sure you have to take a detour before you can jump over), but the satire point remains the same. :P

The Gate v1.1 (977A-0000-0066-5AB9) [NSMBU]
Bowser is tired of having Mario storm into his castle all the time, so he ordered his minions to build a fortified gate to protect his household. However, while Mario now has no means to get to him, Bowser also didn't take into account the best place for the gate, allowing Mario to explore the dungeon below the castle and eventually find something to break that gate down and wreck torment upon him.

Old-School Castle (8B2B-0000-0063-376C) [SMB]
Castle level with a NES feel to it. Features a little level throwback at the start.

Blue Platforms 101 (AE28-0000-0065-E924) [SMB]
Inspired by some 101 levels I've been seeing around. Short and simple, just hop off the blue platforms onto the next room. Wah!

Edited by MickX
Reuploaded a v1.1 for one of the levels.

Can someone tell me how is the game?Is it fun? I saw someone from here making a 100 mario challenge video but i couldnt tell how the game is from 10 min of gameplay. I want to get it, but its not that cheap...Is it good for its price?

A buddy of mine made spring yard zone give it a try when you guys can D27C-0000-0067-D356

Was this posted yet?

Unused files from Super Mario Maker's assets has been discovered.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/angry_sun_game_files_reportedly_uncovered_in_super_mario_maker

I don't think this is so simple actually. You see, people hacked the game files before and found some assets in the game's code already, things like unused costume sound effects.

A brand new update was just released which makes some fixes things and adds some additional files, no known real changes so far except for a fix in the Star sprite in the SM3 victory. However, this was reportedly in that patch. Which means it was added after the game released, not such an easy situation as it being unused assets.

I don't think this is so simple actually. You see, people hacked the game files before and found some assets in the game's code already, things like unused costume sound effects.

A brand new update was just released which makes some fixes things and adds some additional files, no known real changes so far except for a fix in the Star sprite in the SM3 victory. However, this was reportedly in that patch. Which means it was added after the game released, not such an easy situation as it being unused assets.

Oh, yes. I don't know that the new patch is released right now. I think someone discovered them before this.

Oh, yes. I don't know that the new patch is released right now. I think someone discovered them before this.

Hmm... maybe.

My frustration already glows with the fury of a thousand suns whenever somebody puts Hammer Bros into a level - I don't even want to think about how much worse things can get if people start putting literal suns into their stages. Especially since you know damn well most people aren't going to stop at just one of the fuckers.

I just thought to myself "What would happen if you put the Angry Sun in a Cloud?", and then I realised that that situation actually made complete real-world sense.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fancy a bit of English language edutainment with Mario? Then try out my punctuation-themed course (yes, really)... "Where Does the Apostrophe Go?"

54FB-0000-0068-B2E0

Only with the power of punctuation can Mario escape the fiendish puzzles of Bowser's castle and topple the Koopa King!

• Thumbs Up 2

My frustration already glows with the fury of a thousand suns whenever somebody puts Hammer Bros into a level - I don't even want to think about how much worse things can get if people start putting literal suns into their stages. Especially since you know damn well most people aren't going to stop at just one of the fuckers.

I don't mind adding new things like the sun as long as they also add checkpoints. I say bring it on, the more the merrier.

Well, I'm new to the game and have built two combat/platforming orientated stages to try get a grip with level designing. They're probably shit lol, but if you wanna give them a go, give me some pointers, and see my first attempts, feel free to do so!

Combat Challenge 1 (Short version) - D5DE-0000-006C-C8A4
Combat Challenge 2 - BDD6-0000-006C-D790

So I decided to make an NES difficulty styled level in Mario Maker. It's nothing Lost Levels worthy, but I'd like it if you guys could give it a go and let me know what you think. 

ID is: BBD7-0000-006D-23C5

WVW69ibNl2ksxnn_Zi

Jr.'s Airship Jubilee / 100coins (FB1D-0000-006F-0C41)

My second level is way more ambitious, being a SMW airship/castle hybrid and sporting a level of difficulty you would expect from an actual Mario game. I spent two days designing it, and I tried making it as intuitive yet interesting as possible, with a few optional tasks to the side. That means I playtested it rigorously to ensure there were no moments where it was impossible to progress via careless mistakes, unforeseen deaths or enemy attacks, or any instance in which the average player would mistaken an optional path for a mandatory one (hopefully). I got the idea of putting in 100 coins from Jez's courses in order to provide an optional challenge. There's a boss at the end, along with a couple of secret methods to skip it entirely.

Oh right, speaking of bosses, I forgot to post my latest level: Kamek's Tower of Babble.

WVW69ia3e60_a0Z1i9

ID: 17C2-0000-0068-AF80. Kamek's usually not much of a boss because he goes down in one hit even when Super Mushroom'd, so most of the challenge is being patient and waiting for him to erode the blocks beneath whilst keeping whatever the magic spawns from surrounding you. This is my first time trying to integrate proper secrets, too - nothing too obscure hopefully, given I tried leaving patterns to hint at them.

And my new level.

Guts Man's stage from Mega Man 1.

Mega Man 1: Guts Man’s stage - B89A-0000-006D-4DC8

I updated my Guts Man level remake in Mario Maker so it's more refined and much more like the real level!
ID is 0815-0000-0071-9DBF

Might be late to the party, but dang, Extreme Mode is just no fun at all. Too many poorly designed levels who either rely too much on trial & error, pixel-perfect platforming or throw masses of enemies at you at once. On their own those levels might be fine enough I guess, but those 100 lives are burning down so quickly that it feels almost impossible to master 18 of those stages at once. And no, trying to mess up my jumps with invisible blocks or locking me in rooms with no escape is not funny, please stahp.

Underwater Palace: 2803-0000-0059-057A

Use the Mushrooms!: 65DA-0000-003A-31F2

Haunted Hotel (3 hidden lives) : 7DCD-0000-0048-1F9B

I wanted to make the first of these REALLY BIG AND AWESOME but unfortunately I ran out of blocks. :V The second's okay-ish. The third is pretty difficult and I'm hoping checkpoints are added in an update so people can actually beat my level. I mean, one of my stages (Platforming Panic) has 8 clears and nearly a thousand attempts. Which is weird since only 40-something plays.

Also I think I've gotta accept the fact that I'm not a very good level designer, ech

Got a basic level with a little twist if you're too hasty

Basic Deception: EE6E-0000-0076-598B

give it a go!

Might be late to the party, but dang, Extreme Mode is just no fun at all. Too many poorly designed levels who either rely too much on trial & error, pixel-perfect platforming or throw masses of enemies at you at once. On their own those levels might be fine enough I guess, but those 100 lives are burning down so quickly that it feels almost impossible to master 18 of those stages at once. And no, trying to mess up my jumps with invisible blocks or locking me in rooms with no escape is not funny, please stahp.

In that case I would feel justified in skipping the god awful levels.