Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

A style I really want in is Super Paper Mario. Considering how DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT the physics are though, it's one of the least likely to happen.

But I still want it. *puts on rebel hat*

My third creation, but the second one uploaded for all you to play: 9628-0000-0077-7FD9 aka "Cave Excavator  . Let's just say that you'll need to put quite the spring in your step to get through this cautionary tunnel cavern.

Not enough for you though? Here's my first creation uploaded!"Born To Spring" : FDA4-0000-0073-EA73 which was made last night. See if your timing is good enough to spring you out of this one!

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

A style I really want in is Super Paper Mario. Considering how DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT the physics are though, it's one of the least likely to happen.

But I still want it. *puts on rebel hat*

I don't see why they can't use graphical art styles like Super Paper Mario and Mario Bros. 2. They don't HAVE to use the physics at all. I'd love to see, say, mashup packs that use graphics based on other Nintendo sidescrollers; DKC, Zelda 2, Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc. They won't use the same physics, but they could incorporate some additional elements and just use the graphical art style.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see why they can't use graphical art styles like Super Paper Mario and Mario Bros. 2. They don't HAVE to use the physics at all. I'd love to see, say, mashup packs that use graphics based on other Nintendo sidescrollers; DKC, Zelda 2, Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc. They won't use the same physics, but they could incorporate some additional elements and just use the graphical art style.

84.jpg?1430787604

• Thumbs Up 1

After literally days of working on this (at least an hour a day) I've finished my new level. I call it...

Powerup Plant

REGUJPm.jpg

5778-0000-0078-E107

This stage is actually something I'm proud of, because I took on a challenge: To introduce each powerup in a relatively safe way, to use items in ways that mandate them, to replenish them in a fair and frequent bases, start off with a small amount of danger and try to naturally introduce more throughout the stage, while still being as fair as I could. As a result of focusing on so many things, it was basically impossible to build every concept individually and naturally, so I opted for combining them when I ramped up the difficulty. Portal 1 and 2 served as a huge inspiration for the challenge of making this stage, though I'm not sure if that comes through the level design at all.

There should be about 100 collectible coins and 3 collectible 1-ups in the stage (one of them being from the 100 coins and one from the goal) for you completionists. I managed to do it when I uploaded the stage, in fact.

Hopefully you guys like it, I spent a lot of time on it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Two new ones from moi! (I'VE no idea of how to get the Screen-cap photos that represent the levels here,  so info on such would be appreciated).

Bottoms-Up Cannon Blues : 0051-0000-0078-6D20

A water with a fair share of cannons ready to shoot God knows what,  gunning for you! FEAR not though! A worthy water level tactician should have no trouble here! 

Careful What You Hit For! : D4D9-0000-0078-56C2

Fair warning: Special boxes yield either rewards, be they helpful and assisting or a rewarding harder experience. Think you got what it takes to make these lemons into lemonade to triumph!?

I did another auto level, The Rube Goldberg Prescription. (420F-0000-0074-8479)

WVW69ibef7keRJ2xHA

After I unlocked everything I decided to try again with the intention of filling up a full map, but block limits failed me sooner than expected and I had to cut off somewhere at the halfway mark. Instead I decided to add a few extraneous platforms to make a "true" ending for finishing legit - you'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you let it play once normally.

Also I did some dumb troll level under C96B-0000-0075-3229 while showing off to my brothers, I'll probably delete it later but I guess it's there if you want it.

(I'VE no idea of how to get the Screen-cap photos that represent the levels here,  so info on such would be appreciated).

The screencap you get for your level is pretty much the last spot you saved in the editor. Align it right, save and then pick up the image on your Miiverse post once the level is published. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

The screencap you get for your level is pretty much the last spot you saved in the editor. Align it right, save and then pick up the image on your Miiverse post once the level is published. :P

lronically, I just figured that out last night. XD! Still thanks for the tip; it's the right that counts. 

Speaking of which:WVW69ibzbb079LzPe0

Bowser's Trio-Hopper Challenge (9041-0000-007A-67A3)

Don't be fooled by the screen cap, you'll have enough time and space, provided where he lands, to escape Bowser initially. Now let's see if you can maneuver through Bowser's spring maze, featuring two other "special guests". It's your choice whether or not you use the power-ups to your advantage.

& if you're looking for a longer line of exhilarating platforming, then try this one on for size afterwards:

WVW69ib1xLAcpYctlu

The Great Bowser Chase (9309-0000-007B-1BEE)

Winged Bowser and his cronies are gunning for you and Mario! Evade Winged Bowser and keep up the pace cause he's a-coming! Outsmart the tactically-placed goons, ascend the brick tower to the final challenge and show them who's boss!

Threw together a new one, next pack to unlock is Castle, but I'm doing pretty good with the 2 rows I got. There are 3 ways to play this, the hidden easier route, a medium one that's normal if you have insight, and a hard one I'm not sure is even doable. Lots of fun

WVW69ib9GdEcY6wpmu

Bowser's Aces high (F3A1-0000-007C-DAF1)

Threw together a new one, next pack to unlock is Castle, but I'm doing pretty good with the 2 rows I got. There are 3 ways to play this, the hidden easier route, a medium one that's normal if you have insight, and a hard one I'm not sure is even doable. Lots of fun

WVW69ib9GdEcY6wpmu

Bowser's Aces high (F3A1-0000-007C-DAF1)

Meh, I personally just moved my Wii U's clock forward in order to get the level packs early. I more or less knew how to use everything and I needed stuff like Hammer Bros and such to make my levels better.

Meh, I personally just moved my Wii U's clock forward in order to get the level packs early. I more or less knew how to use everything and I needed stuff like Hammer Bros and such to make my levels better.

Well give mine a go, I managed to make something rather cool with what I got

Well give mine a go, I managed to make something rather cool with what I got

Speaking of which, I never posted my latest level, which is my most complex and favourite I've made.

Fire Man's Stage: 9E6D-0000-007B-0194

J1DmSls.png

And the game has been out for only nineteen days! Needless to say, this is quite the achievement.

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 new stages for you guys, they are all fun with 2 having multiple approaches, and the other requiring a bit of timing

WVW69icHtPEXRg04QF

Spikes and fire, whats the prob (4015-0000-007F-61D0)

WVW69icHqokwVVfkPp

A Squid or a shell? (609B-0000-007F-5E37)

WVW69icHio4b1Wahh2

Goomba Defection (3769-0000-007F-53B0)

As a random tip for anyone who wants a higher quality screenshot than the auto-preview provides, remember that Miiverse now supports a private screenshot album.  Simply hit the home menu at the point you want to screenshot, go to Miiverse and upload it, then grab the image URL from your private album in your browser.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone mind giving me feedback on my Mega Man levels? I'm trying my hardest to adapt the level design to the Mario kind of level design, and I'm curious if I achieved that or not.

Got 2 more for you guys,  been giving this my best shot think I've got some decent ones, but no Stars Yet :(, been sticking to the shorter side, but throwing in some challenges, with some fun designs or some careful timing. I always try to include 2 routes in most cases(cept the piggy bank) so try to find em

WVW69icJO_sDv7M5bR

escape from Bowser's cruise ship (453F-0000-007F-D1BA)

WVW69icJdjs2NOnQq1

Bowser jrs piggy bank (E4A7-0000-007F-E1A7)

Deleted my Cave Excavator level (I just wasn't feeling it lately; bit too short) in exchange for these two platforming beauties I made today!

WVW69icKWHgje-srqE

Bowser's Sky Deck Ship Patrol (3B5B-0000-0080-21AD)

Take to  skies aboard Bowser's ships and private sky deck zone. Operating behind a cannon, and heating in wait for you is the king  koopa himself. Hope  you enjoy his hospitality for all it's worth. Lord knows you're in for the ride of your life. 

&

WVW69icK-YMFiQLL4f

Fiendish Underground Flight (E2F1-0000-0080-4C32)

Who says you can't fly underground?! Take on this racetrack of a mine and outrun a certain someone's offspring to ascend to greatness above and below. 

Rosalina's been kidnapped by Bowser, but surely her faith in the stars will guide her to victory!

(aka figure out how to unclog that pipe or have fun fighting Bowser "properly")

Entrust Your Fate To The Stars!: 23A2-0000-0080-6BBC

Have at this one! WVW69icdQb8xCiHAz3

Bombings On Yoshi Valley (CBDC-0000-0084-A1C7)

Team up with the local yoshi and help repel the deadly Bowser army strike force of bob-bombs and company!

I ended up getting Super Mario Maker a bit later than the launch like I thought I would, but I've been having quite a lot of fun with it. It's great seeing some of the creative things that people come up with.

For any classic Mega Man fans, I did an attempt at recreating Needle Man's stage from Mega Man 3. The ID is: 783C-0000-008E-2D7F.

Got another themeed one, check it out

WVW69ic6pkQGiRaUvJ

semi-abandoned clown car factory (7D5B-0000-008C-C223)

ironicly it seems like I only got stars on my course with clever wordplay rather than my actual level attempts

I've finally had the chance to start recently. In two days (I started Friday night) I already unlocked Super Mario World, though I've only been working on one stage during this time. I mostly just threw random crap down to unlock stuff until something clicked and I got a theme in my head. Its almost done, after I do a couple more tests and have my wife test it I'll post it here and on twitter.