Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I've finished another stage. This time I made a NSMB style Ghost House stage. There's hidden blocks, Boos, and all sorts of goodies. But most importantly- there's monsters!

Monster Mansion:

4WLUEHh.jpg

C8CC-0000-008F-D339

First stage is finally complete:

Hope its good. Its decently large but with many different ways to get through the stage and several bonuses to find (in the form of Amiibo costumes). Started off with me just spamming random crap until I got an idea what to do. I tried to not make it too hard but not too easy either.

There's plenty of powerups, so you should never run out, but its easy to make mistakes, especially when going for the harder to find bonuses.

EDIT: Wow, this hasn't been updated since yesterday? Well, here, I did another stage while I was waiting to unlock Sub-Areas.

The title is important. Its a really trollish level. I just wanted to try something fun for a bit. The level is short but difficult to figure out what to do.

Edited by JaidynReiman

I've updated my Monster Mansion Stage.

Monster Mansion (Ver 1.1)

4WLUEHh.jpg

1624-0000-0098-EFE4

This time there's less cannons in the bossfight, and they only fire Fire Flowers now. I also made some jumps more lenient and included more optional paths (but they're harder paths than the main one).

Okay this level is just silly, I'm surprised it even works.

Wall Kick The Whip: 0D30-0000-0099-FE60

Start wall jumping once you see the black cannon coming down. And be ready to catch it again at the halfway point (I had to add that or you'd get killed against the right side of the screen).

I've also uploaded a few other levels since I last posted but "eehhh" at typing up all the codes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay this level is just silly, I'm surprised it even works.

Wall Kick The Whip: 0D30-0000-0099-FE60

Start wall jumping once you see the black cannon coming down. And be ready to catch it again at the halfway point (I had to add that or you'd get killed against the right side of the screen).

I've also uploaded a few other levels since I last posted but "eehhh" at typing up all the codes...

That... was pretty f***ing awesome... I think I'm gonna look at some of your other stages as well.

Speaking of festivities,  here's the royal ball disco floor gauntlet hosted by the Koopal themselves. Cars to brave through the skies,  tumble Bowser Junior's domain of the party underground and become  quite the star of the Fiesta by the end?  Then come try this adventure here!  :

WVW69idUQuQH33tjyZ

Bowser and Junior's Royal Battle (D9D2-0000-0092-C764)

I'm just gonna post the levels I made so far 

Pipe Frustration (BFFA-0000-0026-252D)

Not really "too" frustrating but you gotta take your time as the level is based around Piranha Plants 

Super Speedrun Bros (C3D8-0000-00A2-43F9)

Basically a challenging auto stroll level. The coin count is 102 so if you want, you can try to collect them all.

Super Cape Challenge (3CC7-0000-0031-9C7C)

As you can tell from title, you have to use the Super Cape! I was originally going to make this a Flappy Bird type level but I gotten more ideas for the super cape so I made it own thing.

Alright. I recently was able to get Super Mario Maker and like I said in the Status recently. My luck with finding fun levels have been ...underwhelming. Instead of getting Easy to Normal to Expert levels, I'm mostly getting Don't Move to Half-assed to Bullshit. I did find a few diamonds in the rough, so what's done well is definitely worth it. 

Anyway, with my levels. I hope to make them in a way that visually teaches the player where to go, what to avoid and etc. while still providing challenge.

Here's my first level! I think I did pretty well here. Just pay good attention to the title and hints in the design. Do that and you should do fine.

WVW69iehb4UGgR2Igt.thumb.jpg.adf604a8ad6

Respect the Blocks!

(9667-0000-00A4-BCDC)

Edited by YoshiUnity the Clown

I finished a new Mario Maker stage. It's Labyrinth Zone from Sonic The Hedgehog 1- faithfully recreated (as much as possible):

Labyrinth Zone:
cmnEfXA.jpg
E04E-0000-00A6-7C04

It's made a lot easier with being able to swim and not being able to drown.

I did hit the block limit so the lower path is a lot shorter, main path is pretty much 100% similar

Alrighty! Here's some more!

WVW69ierACchy5TpYU.thumb.jpe.8c92bd59928

Turbulence in the Underground (FBD9-0000-00A6-B1B6)

Lakitu clouds don't last long so make them count! And the "!" may be made of coins, but be wary.

WVW69iezVCIuEaOtnU.thumb.jpe.8c1ff92d7a5

The Claustrophobic Chasm (D904-0000-00A8-3D92)

From open areas to enclosed strips. This is a course with simple puzzles, but really test how well you can handle the swimming controls.

WVW69ie_-Sww9JV-fg.thumb.jpe.221a8298dcb

The Thwomping Siege at the Keep! (FE48-0000-00AA-D289)

Patience is a virtue. Pay attention to the clues, think before you act and you should do fine.

WVW69ifJC7I9QrhvxE.thumb.jpe.2135d550e80

The Flying Megalith (7B8E-0000-00AC-B4E1)

Possibly the most challenging course I've made so far. It's an auto-scrolling level with multiple routes. Depending on the route you take, this level can be a cake walk or a extremely hard challenge for you. Oh, and there's a star in this level, but it's useless. I left it in there to help you in a area that had a two hammer bros, but I replaced them in that section with the single sledge bro. Now its just a cruel reminder that invincibility won't save you here...

I'm definitely becoming more familiar with how everything works. I feel really good about these two.

Edited by YoshiUnity the Clown

WVW69ifzVCgid7MQyB

Runaway Koopa Clown Car Race (44AE-0000-00B6-1076)

Heard ya'll like racing. Well if you can make it to your particular car (even better if you make it with Yoshi) and are willing to defy death heralded by your competition in a spooky haunted mansion of a course, then you've come to the right place!

I've decided to make another auto level. A SMB1-style Airship Auto level where the Arwing is carefully transported to the Hangar, just in the nick of time!:

Into The Hangar:

unqMDUo.jpg

8502-0000-00B6-8932

There are some things that I did with this level that I think are pretty cool to watch. Hope you guys like it!

Here's a level I've been holding out on uploading (in case it showed up in a blind race level contest), but it's been several weeks so I'm pretty sure the host forgot about approving it:

Sky Scuffle:

14dWgFz.jpg

C490-0000-00C4-C06B

It's a SMW ariship level, it has two main paths (one harder but faster, one slower but safer), has 100 coins, and I think a total of 3 1-ups. I don't think it's super hard or anything, so hopefully you guys like it!

Here's my next stage (and final for a while):

DKC2-inspired stage. Only inspired, though, it just nods to the different parts of Crocodile Isle and has a theme revolving around vines (and moving vines). I also implemented a checkpoint save system. I originally put it up temporarily to get some feedback, and I since made some improvements to the stage to make it a bit easier to get through, hence why this is called "1.2."

This stage took me a good two weeks or so to get complete (mostly because, obviously, I also had to work lol).

I'm done with Super Mario Maker for a while. I'll be playing Yoshi's Woolly World instead and trying to beat that. If Nintendo announces new things for the game; namely releasing new content such as checkpoints, or even just adding tags to stages I'll probably get back to this game again.

I'm done with Super Mario Maker for a while. I'll be playing Yoshi's Woolly World instead and trying to beat that. If Nintendo announces new things for the game; namely releasing new content such as checkpoints, or even just adding tags to stages I'll probably get back to this game again.

Absolutely outstanding timing, JaidynReiman - because guess what just got announced?

Say hello to checkpoints, context-dependent power-ups, and a couple of other online features on November 4th.

Yeah, that's interesting... apparently its only two checkpoints, though, sadly. Was hoping there'd be at least 3.

I saw someone on Twitter say that anyone playing his stages would have to avoid the checkpoints because they'd drop them into pits, but the video clearly says you have to clear the course from the checkpoint flag to upload.

Yeah, that's interesting... apparently its only two checkpoints, though, sadly. Was hoping there'd be at least 3.

I dunno about you, but for the vast majority of stages I've played so far, two is plenty. If you need more than that you should probably rethink your difficulty curve, especially considering you need to re-complete the level from every single one anyway.

• Thumbs Up 7

I dunno about you, but for the vast majority of stages I've played so far, two is plenty. If you need more than that you should probably rethink your difficulty curve, especially considering you need to re-complete the level from every single one anyway.

Yeah probably. I just have a hard time figuring out where to place only two of them. I don't think the level is -that- hard, and I already toned it down once.

What I should probably do is play with the difficulty, test and see where the hardest portions are and how long it takes to get through them, and place the checkpoints accordingly.

Absolutely outstanding timing, JaidynReiman

Here's hoping these coincidences continue lol.

A new Hyrule Warriors trailer is coming out next week (and Famitsu has been revealing new info at the start of the month anyway) and I tweeted earlier: my (wrong) prediction is that Saria will be revealed.

Also in regards to the rumored statements about the new Nintendo Mobile game (the game is an established Nintendo IP, but isn't a "big" one; those are coming next year) is that it sounds to me like that'd best fit Panel de Pon/Puzzle League (which I've noted in the past is something I think would work very well on Mobile).

• Thumbs Up 1

Just what I need. Checkpoints. Just exactly what I needed.

And the power up setup is what I need too. Can't be giving free fire flowers when people constantly getting hit and cheesing their way through lol. Shake. my. Head. Now they gotta survive long enough without getting hit to earn that flower lol. Is it only fire flower tho?

Now I need myslopes, more themes (specifically snow, desert, and lava.), more enemies and other stuff.

Edited by jords

Just what I need. Checkpoints. Just exactly what I needed.

And the power up setup is what I need too. Can't be giving free fire flowers when people constantly getting hit and cheesing their way through lol. Shake. my. Head. Now they gotta survive long enough without getting hit to earn that flower lol. Is it only fire flower tho?

Now I need myslopes, more themes (specifically snow, desert, and lava.), more enemies and other stuff.

I'm hoping its a lot more flexible than that. I think at least you'll be able to add mushrooms on fire flowers, feathers, mystery mushrooms, propellor caps, leaves, but I hope it works on any powerup in any order (barring of course "upgrading" to mushrooms, since they're the least useful one). For example, needing a mystery mushroom to get a fire flower, or needing a fire flower to get a cape.

Has any mario game ever done that?Although it would be more flexible but I really think that's unnecessary. Would actually be kind of an odd  level design I'd say. Like you reveal a passage with fire flower and a secret power up awaits but you lose the fire flower so that punishes you from not getting the actual  award like a propeller? 

But in super Mario maker, you can make anything work so I dunno. 

Edited by jords