Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I made a new Mario Maker stage, it's SMB1 style and uses the Big Mushroom Powerup. It has two checkpoints, 100 coins, a total of 3 1-ups (one during the level, one from the coins, and the last from the goal).

Big Battleship:

HzDoV1C.jpg

5A18-0000-00EE-2ABF

EDIT: I made yet another stage. It's a Super Mario World Underground/Ghost House stage that makes use of either bullet bills as crushers (using the cannons) or for jumps, plus there's P switches, or Yoshi and pow blocks+buzzsaws+munchers depending on if you're on the sub level or main level. There's 100 coins in both main routes, one hidden 1-up in both, and you can get the last from the goal.

Cave Crypt

MBASuP5.jpg

EE26-0000-00F0-F1DA

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new Event Course arriving on 3rd December designed by the team behind Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - complete it and you'll unlock this Mystery Mushroom costume of the RPG trio!

CVIi3PCWwAASc5M.png

Personally I'd have preferred just a Paper Mario costume on his own rather than being lumped in with Mario & Luigi as well, but it's still a neat little bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

So uh...with the appearance in Mario Kart 8 and now this, can we assume that Mercedez-Benz is now a Mario character? :P

• Thumbs Up 3

The Mario series is only a front for Mercedez anyway. It's very simple

Super Mario Bros = Sell Mercedez-Benzs

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

Another brand new update is on the way this coming Tuesday! Featuring online stage bookmarks, bumpers, Fire Koopa Clown Cars and more!

Finally, my dreams of making Super Gradius Bros. can be realized!

...'Cept I don't have the game yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say I appreciate the amount of work and effort they are putting in this game with the updates and the challenges. I know when I eventually get the game I have a lot stuff to look forward to. Also fire clown car....what?

Oh man that P-switch door is such a simple thing but it will open the gates to a bazillion potential puzzles and custom boss battles that previously had to be awkwardly done with regular P-switches.

It's a good thing that these additions are free update patches. Hmmm, makes me wonder what the big guns worthy of being DLC could possibly be.

Well, what of you know, one of the unused data costumes is seeing the light of day!

I hope the rest of the unused costumes get reused, I want to sink Bowser into lava with a Labrador, damn it. 

It's a good thing that these additions are free update patches. Hmmm, makes me wonder what the big guns worthy of being DLC could possibly be.

It's tricky to say.  Putting modes or stuff behind paywalls would limit the playerbase of anyone who indulged in those modes.  Arbitraily locking editor features from paying players would still mean anyone would be able to enjoy those features by playing others' stages (I know I play more than I create when I do boot it up these days).

Unless of course, you needed to own DLC to play levels with DLC features in them, which would be disasterous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, with DLC, it's always a bad idea to split the playerbase when it comes to online stuff. It's something Nintendo seems to understand well so far with their online games, especially Smash and Splatoon. Now, locking players out of using DLC stuff in the level editor is fine, but forcing players to buy DLC in order to play certain levels is a terrible idea.

For anyone who is a bit confused by what I mean by playerbase splitting, one of the best examples would be DLC map packs for, say, Call of Duty, due to the way playlists work, players who don't have map packs will be unable to play with those who are playing those specific maps. Smash averts this by letting you play against other players with DLC characters, and stage selection comes after players are selected for a match, so there's no chance of you not being able to play with another online player due to DLC. Splatoon's downloadable content is entirely free, of course, but the map rotation system basically subverts the traditional playlist matchmaking system so players can't just pick their favourite map all the time, unlike other shooters where some maps are essentially ghost towns (RIP TF2's Hydro map), though that's another issue entirely.

One of the unused data costumes has resurfaced and he brought a ... friend?

Ooh, since I didn't see this posted, a little famous kitty cat also made it as a costume:

Edited by Meowkie Claws

A new costume has been found, but since it's not officially revealed yet, I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag:

Surprise, a Super Mario Land reference!

Maybe a certain princess isn't far behind...

• Thumbs Up 3

CW1OjnQWsAULRNl.jpg

Are you ready for a exciting adventure with Birdo?

I'm really digging that Birdo sprite, since they could have just imported her sprite from Super Mario Bros 2.

• Thumbs Up 3

A new costume has been found, but since it's not officially revealed yet, I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag:

Hidden Content

It's down

Because I can't help myself from trying out new things, I used the new course elements in my new stage.

P-Switch Power

721A-0000-0129-ECFA

This is sort of a puzzle level, though it's pretty easy to figure out the "solution" to the "puzzle". More of a gimmick stage, really... But next time I'll try to make more of a puzzle.

Since the Bookmark page makes it super easy to share levels and has a thumbnail, all I really needed to do is link to it, but I put the code in this post too, because why not?

So Koji IGArashi has done some level uploads himself, most likely as a promotion for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.  And the stages he made are simply remakes of stages from the pre-Symphony Castlevania titles, notably 悪魔城伝説 Dracula's Curse, 悪魔城ドラキュラ Castlevania, 悪魔城ドラキュラX血の輪廻 Stages 1-5, and bossfights against ベルセブブ Beelzebub and レギオン Legion.

What he did with each stage was that he used a different style for each generation.  For Dracula's Curse (which is the Ruins of Wallachia), he used the SMB Graphics, for Castlevania (the standard Castle Entrance that is engrained in many a gamer's heads) he used SMB3, which also extends to the Legion and Beelzebub fights (with the Super Leaf acting as the Alucard Sword), and finally the Dracula X stages use SMW, making the Burning Village very jarring since it has the cheery SMW Main Theme playing.as Mario is running through a torched Jova.

And yes, he did include the dual boss fights from the original for Jova.

Also the official courses are really good.  Bowser's are very brutal.  Mary O's are deceptive.  and then there's the first one by Coursebot:  Did Someone Call a Plumber?  This course (which I must remind you is 100% Officially made by Nintendo) has Mario (or Luigi) getting a phonecall to fix some plumbing, going down a pipe into Mario Bros. Classic with Koopas replacing the Shellcreepers.  After knocking a few Koopas into the wall, then things get strange as there are Goombas, Bob-Ombs, Piranhas, and other enemies crawling around, followed by giant mushroom platforms, and the way out is via beanstalk in a very familiar area.  Then you see daylight with the Worker Mario Entry theme playing as you can now finish the stage with your initial plumber, Toad, or Peach and finally take on the Hammer Bros, Kamek, and Bowser.

What did Coursebot just do?  He confirmed that the Marios were indeed from Flatbush, Brooklyn, NYC, New York before the events of SMB.

• Thumbs Up 1

I made some sadistic Mario Maker levels because I like playing them and I like to watch others suffer. :^)

I guess you can say I got inspiration from Ross' levels of Game Grumps fame, though those were rather easy (except Companion Spring). With that said, both these levels have one hidden powerup that will help you complete the level. The first one is possible without it and the second one... erm, yeah you might need it. :U 

Spiny Situation:
11A9-0000-013C-6ED0

Bloopurgatory:
D659-0000-013C-9E3D

Spiny Situation is a hard, challenging level. Bloopurgatory is just hell. I simply made it because I had no idea how to make an underwater level, and also because I was bored.

For anyone wondering about Mary O's courses in the official lists, they're meant to tie in to a storyline on Nintendo's website where Yamamura (the pigeon) attempts to teach her how to make better courses.

http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/comics/

With the exception of Mary O's first course which is a complete disaster (like many users), the others are all tasks she has been set by Yamamura.  Yamamura's courses then show his "fixed" versions of her attempts from these comics, where he goes through the mistakes she's made and helps her make the course more fair on the player.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, nice bit of trivia there, Jez, I should really try and get into Mario Maker more these days since Smash Bros. usually eats away my Wii U gaming time, also, I'll be sure to give your stages a go as well ElectricAngel.  ^_^

When I'll remember what my own stage ID's are, I'll post them up here.

I don't remember if I posted this one or not yet but

WVW69ipPmLskxuPYky

I made a course based off the Death Star from Star Wars. I think it's pretty faithful. Also, Nintendo UK played it in one of their livestreams, too, so that's AWESOME.

It bumped me up to 150 stars too, so I have space for 11 more levels! YEEEEE

Oh yeah, I also have this bookmark page now too: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/luigitime1290 Like @ElectricAngel I too enjoy watching people suffer, so have fun with my Super Expert stages :^)

• Thumbs Up 1