Awoo.

*SUPER* Mario Maker (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I don't remember if I posted this one or not yet but

WVW69ipPmLskxuPYky

I made a course based off the Death Star from Star Wars. I think it's pretty faithful. Also, Nintendo UK played it in one of their livestreams, too, so that's AWESOME.

It bumped me up to 150 stars too, so I have space for 11 more levels! YEEEEE

Oh yeah, I also have this bookmark page now too: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/luigitime1290 Like @ElectricAngel I too enjoy watching people suffer, so have fun with my Super Expert stages :^)

Man that's pretty awesome.

Honestly, I still think my Fire Man level remake from Mega Man is the best and most complex I've made, but for some reason, my very first level (Combat Challenge 1) is getting the most amount of stars lol

• Thumbs Up 1

For anyone wondering about Mary O's courses in the official lists, they're meant to tie in to a storyline on Nintendo's website where Yamamura (the pigeon) attempts to teach her how to make better courses.

http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/comics/

With the exception of Mary O's first course which is a complete disaster (like many users), the others are all tasks she has been set by Yamamura.  Yamamura's courses then show his "fixed" versions of her attempts from these comics, where he goes through the mistakes she's made and helps her make the course more fair on the player.

And here I thought  Yamamura was plagiarizing Mary O. with cheeky edits of sorts this whole time. :v It makes much more sense now, with Yamamura's versions definitely being more fair to the players. 

Here's all the Mario Maker courses I've made so far. 

Underground Danger: 3CB-0000-0146-76AB
Mario's undersea adventure: 5ED5-0000-014E-0DBE
Koopa's Cave: 09CC-0000-014E-234E
Bowser's Castle Mayhem: FC37-0000-0154-5209
Between ground and Sky: 6803-0000-015A-1866

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally here, my friends!

You can thank the folks at Southwest Airlines for this!

Now, all future Mystery Mushroom Costumes are a mystery once again.

On 1/8/2016 at 0:39 AM, Pink Cat said:

It's finally here, my friends!

You can thank the folks at Southwest Airlines for this!

Now, all future Mystery Mushroom Costumes are a mystery once again.

*boop*  You are now free to move about the Kingdom

Joking aside, I recently made 3 new levels based on the Great Giana Sisters on C64

Stage 01:  D14F-0000-0182-C2D4

Stage 02:  2EE8-0000-0182-CF65

Stage 04:  EE02-0000-0182-D9E1

Let the complaints cease and Sarasaland denizens cheer...

BECAUSE SHE'S FINALLY HERE.

• Thumbs Up 7

In other news, Nintendo tries to capture the audience of  Hatoful Boyfriend with this new classy costume.

Since we got her mentor, I wonder if we'll get Mary O in the future?

2 hours ago, Trio CC14 said:

Let the complaints cease and Sarasaland denizens cheer...

BECAUSE SHE'S FINALLY HERE.

I'm already contempt wit the army of Yoshis -- item and costumes -- in this game. But finally! My flower waifu has arrived in Super Mario Maker! About time, too! Can't wait to use her in some levels I've been considering!

• Thumbs Up 2

Went onto Mario Maker for the Daisy costume but stayed for the Yamamura costume. Omg his little flutters and coos.

Best Mario character.

19 hours ago, JezMM said:

Went onto Mario Maker for the Daisy costume but stayed for the Yamamura costume. Omg his little flutters and coos.

Best Mario character.

Meanwhile, I have also made The Haunted Graveyard from Ghosts'n Goblins.  It's already quite popular within the first few hours of being uploaded.  And this is one of the hardest courses I made since it has a fight against Bowser Jr. just before the checkpoint (representing the first Firebrand in the Makaimura franchise) and a tower of Sledge Bros (standing in for the Cyclops):

https://dypqnhofrd2x2.cloudfront.net/A853-0000-0191-20BA.jpg

A853-0000-0191-20BA

Also Jez, I think you might like the comment I left on Scrap Brain Zone Act 3

Made my first level a couple weeks back, but forgot to post. It's a recreation of Pirate Panic from DKC2 with some tweaks. Can you find all eight hidden DK Mystery Mushroom costumes and rescue the big ape?

xp4s1s.jpg

2176-0000-0162-4AE2

So on a whim, I ended up making a SMW level based almost exactly on Super Mario Land 2's opening stage. I say "almost" because I had to truncate the gaps between parts of the level just to get it to fit (yeah, a SML2 stage doesn't actually fit in Super Mario Maker's limits!) and shrunk the expanse of nothing before the first ? block to get to all fit, but aside from that, it's a 1-1 recreation.

Code: 2DF0-0000-0197-5178

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2015 at 3:59 PM, JezMM said:

Just gonna be lazy and copy and paste my tumblr post regarding this...

tumblr_o01dnfYLBK1qhi4j7o1_1280.png

tumblr_o01dnfYLBK1qhi4j7o4_1280.png

tumblr_o01dnfYLBK1qhi4j7o5_1280.png

tumblr_o01dnfYLBK1qhi4j7o8_1280.png

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (MS/GG)

Super Mario Maker Re-Creation

So this has been a fun little project to keep me busy over the past week or two.  I’ve re-created the entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog 1, the 8-bit version for Master System and Game Gear, as Super Mario Maker courses.

Bookmark them on Super Mario Maker Bookmark here:

G.Hill 1 2 3 | Bridge 1 2 3 | Jungle 1 2 3 | Labyrinth 1 2 3 | S.Brain 1 2 3 | S.Base 1 2 3

Or use this code to find 1-1 and then browse the rest from my profile in-game:

DFC7-0000-011D-9BD8

Some deets:

• Many courses are 1:1 conversions (with small edits to retain the original intent of various platforming setups/puzzles) though some were free-handed where it would’ve been insanely time-consuming to copy them exactly (Green Hill 1 for example) or compressed where map space was a precious commodity (hazardless expanses of terrain shortened etc).
  • Courses that don’t end in an animal capsule rescue have a traditional Mario-esque platforming puzzle to reach the top of the goal pole, these are original additions by me, and I did my best to theme each one on the preceeding course’s hazards.
  • Each third course has a mini “boss” encounter inspired by the boss that stood there originally.  The “final boss” is a timed survival test against the hazards of the original final boss (and some new ones).
  • Of course the “Chaos Emeralds” can be found in their original locations - also, all the courses with coins have at least 100 to find if you want to challenge yourself to find as many as you can.

Please give ‘em a try, especially if you’re familiar with the original game, and I hope you enjoy!  If you want a sample rather than diving in from the start, I’d recommend Bridge 1 (2-1), Jungle 1 (3-1) or Scrap Brain 1 (5-1)If you enjoy, be sure to give the courses a Star!  I nearly used up my entire upload limit on this project, so I won’t be doing anything else like this in the future unless I earn more medals lol.

For a few more screenshots and details on each individual course for those interested, check out my tumblr post here.

Ok, that update is awesome. I love being able to link directly to specific courses. I went in and bookmarked every one of them and I'm playing through them right now. With this knowledge I might be able to work something here myself later once I get around to it. It'll make things much easier to deal with.

I'll also review other posts in this thread and grab a few more to play after I get through yours.

EDIT: By the way, guys. You can make things much easier now to share courses. Simply take your code and add it to the end of this url:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/

As long as you're logged into Miiverse you can bookmark courses directly this way and easily find them in-game. Its surprisingly convenient. Two people linked directly, but I'm just alerting everyone else about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, out of curiosity, I jumped on Mario Maker yesterday to check my notifications, and I found a funny thing that made me kind of proud. Apparently my Fire Man level remake only has a 10% clear rate over the five months it's been up. If anyone wants to give it a try, here you go:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFKHRV0dg

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, out of curiosity, I jumped on Mario Maker yesterday to check my notifications, and I found a funny thing that made me kind of proud. Apparently my Fire Man level remake only has a 10% clear rate over the five months it's been up. If anyone wants to give it a try, here you go:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFKHRV0dg

Just finished it! I've left a comment but great job! That was a fun trip!

Quick question for those that have been playing the game.

I'm working on unlocking all the costumes and just wanted to check; does the mushroom exclusive to the Pixel Mario Amiibos get a numbered slot on the list or is it hidden away in the builder tools? I just want to check before I try to fill the board up and realise I'll be stuck with a single empty spot for not owning the amiibo.

21 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Quick question for those that have been playing the game.

I'm working on unlocking all the costumes and just wanted to check; does the mushroom exclusive to the Pixel Mario Amiibos get a numbered slot on the list or is it hidden away in the builder tools? I just want to check before I try to fill the board up and realise I'll be stuck with a single empty spot for not owning the amiibo.

The Giant Mushroom you mean? It doesn't take up a slot. You have to tap the amiibo every time.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

The Giant Mushroom you mean? It doesn't take up a slot. You have to tap the amiibo every time.

Wow, that was one quick response! Thanks for the info!

Now if I can just manage to beat that swat minigame I should be all set to get them all!

• 2 weeks later...

I similarly made a stage with Keys, Pink Coins and Skewers.

Luigi's Quest for Pasta: Act III: 2D4A-0000-01EF-CFAE

And another one that focuses more on Keys and Pink Coins.

Galoomba Hunt: A4FB-0000-01F3-7D54

Hope the second one isn't too hard, for once. XP

• Thumbs Up 1