Awoo.

Mario Party 10 (Wii U)

Winston

Trailer

Mario Party 10 is the next installment in the Mario Party series coming exclusively coming to Wii U, and featuring Bowser as the main character pretty much as he is the main selling point in the trailer and was mentioned several times. It was revealed this year at E3, and it still seems to keep the shitty car thing from Mario Party 9...god damn, I don't care if they keep it, but I'd rather them atleast put it in as atleast an option over the main part of the game. 

Eh, I don't know about this one, I guess it could be cool, but Mario Party really hasn't been good since like 5. Yeah, well, Mario Party 10 everybody, lets get hyped?

• Thumbs Up 7

If it still keeps the gimmick from 9 that everyone hates I think it's already doomed to failure..

This is an AWESOME idea! Bowser (in the Mario Party series) is the epitome of killjoys, but now we can be the ones ruining everyone's fun! After all, no game series is more friendship-shattering!

Online = Sale

No Online = No Sale

If MK10 has no online, shit will go down as there is no good reason why they shouldn't now. Still, being able to play as bowser seems to be a cool spin on things.

A game that is actually encouraging you to be an ass to your friends?

I'm in.

Though I haven't really played a Mario Party game in years, so yeah. ^^;;

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So yea, some more gameplay footage from this game

http://youtu.be/57BLaja-dP8

It shows off a new board map and it seems you gotta work together to destroy the airship. 

I'm still hoping they bring back the old style of mario party.  MP9 was fun but its not the same as 1-8

It seems to be a different style of Mario Party. I'll give Nintendo credit; they don't run from a change in style once they've done it. They try to improve on it. Who knows; maybe this will be the Mario Party where I like the 9 style, if at least for different reasons than the originals.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems to be a different style of Mario Party. I'll give Nintendo credit; they don't run from a change in style once they've done it. They try to improve on it. Who knows; maybe this will be the Mario Party where I like the 9 style, if at least for different reasons than the originals.

I think the problem for 9 was the lack of minigames appearing because they don't come up after everyone gets a turn. My nitpick was that we barley had any control over ourselves into screwing each other over.

I haven't watch every game play of it yet but I hope these can be solved. 

My only problem with this type of gameplay is that the boards aren't very big at all or allow for much strategic movement. One thing I liked about the old mario parties was that everyone could be at completely different parts of the board doing different things until it ended and while this style does have its charm it just doesn't feel as fun to me. Not to mention that I can't do 50 turn games anymore on these and pull an all nighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Mario Party 10 launches in less than a week so time for a quick update on all the key details that were lost in the server crash!

The playable cast includes (alongside the usual faces) the introduction of Rosalina, the long-awaited return of Donkey Kong, Toad, Toadette, and... filling in as this game's "random character selection" choice... Spike!

Mario_Party_10_Spike.jpg

In addition to the Mario Party mode (based on Mario Party 9's gameplay) and the destructive mayhem of Bowser Party, you can also take part in Amiibo Party... provided you have a Mario character amiibo, of course!

MP10_amiibo.png

This mode plays like a simplified version of the classic Mario Party formula, where you move your characters - or rather, your amiibo (or cardboard cut-outs) being used as virtual game pieces - around the board to buy stars for 20 coins apiece... whoever has the most at the end wins!

There's a whole new line of Super Mario amiibo figures being released to coincide with the game - including a bundle with a Mario figure and a Toad amiibo! No doubt there'll be more to come down the line, too... (Spike amiibo, anybody?!)

The review embargo for this game ends at around 3pm GMT tomorrow afternoon, so expect some scores to start rolling in soon!

To pass the time, enjoy this clip of all the playable characters eating doughnuts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSk2ryMOBqA

The rendering art is as beautiful as ever. Might buy this for family parties but the lack of online play is still fucking stupid

Okay, so who here is buying the game almost purely for Bowser sex appeal?

*raises hand* >.>

Okay, so who here is buying the game almost purely for Bowser sex appeal?

*raises hand* >.>

Make that Rosalina sex appeal and you might be onto something there :P

It's weird, right from the E3 announcement up until a few days ago I had absolutely zero interest in this game... but all of a sudden, I'm tempted to pick it up! I don't know whether I'm just getting random Mario Party cravings having skipped MP9 and Island Tour, or if the allure of the new amiibo is just too much to resist, but... dammit I hope this gets at least half-decent review scores!

Anyway, speaking of that gorgeous render art... here's a ton of it for your visual enjoyment! (spoilers for size)

Cover artwork

MarioParty10Art.jpg

ALL ABOARD THE MARIO PARTY HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

Mario_Party_10_group_train_art.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Mario_jumping.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Mario_running.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Luigi.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Peach.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Yoshi.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Toad.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Toadette.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Rosalina.jpg

Mario_Party_10_Bowser_art.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never played a Mario Party game before, so this'll be interesting.

(Yes, they basically won me over with Bowser)

And of course all of tumblr wants to fuck Bowser, half the furry fandom does (probably more XD). :P

apparently everyone on the internet wants to fuck bowser

Fixed to be slightly more accurate.

I'm not really interested in the Mario Party games, but man, those renders are really nice. Then again that's the standard for Mario renders now, so no real surprise there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bowser Party sounds cool, but the normal game seems lame compared to past ones. Since I don't have anyone to play with, either, I definitely won't be picking this one up.

I got this game preorder, I got the bundle too which I think its just the Mario amiibo and the game. Anyway I can't wait to try it out!

Also spike being a character doesn't really bother me, I kinda like spike. Blooper will still be the weirdest one of all of them so spikes good.

I wish Boo would still be a character. I like boo. And also isn't there usually 2 bowser minions?

I wish Boo would still be a character. I like boo. And also isn't there usually 2 bowser minions?

Boo appears to wreak havoc on the Haunted Trail board so having him as a playable character too would probably just confuse things.

I agree the roster for this game could have been a bit more comprehensive - where's Birdo at, yo? - but they've made some important additions like Rosalina and reinstating DK to playable status, so got to commend the baby steps at least*. Nintendo are always two steps forward, one step back at these sorts of things.

Spike, although obscure, is definitely a better choice than Blooper though. I mean, he actually has arms for a start. And it looks like they've given him tons of personality (seriously, he gets so happy when he's doing well in this game) so he's not just a random faceless Bowser baddy. Maybe he's even a Bowser defector... after all, this whole game is basically Bowser versus everyone, isn't it? Bowser Jr and all the mainstay mooks appear to aid the Koopa King, but this lone Spike dares to defy him... ain't nobody gonna stop Spike's party!

(*and speaking of babies, I'm surprised we haven't seen Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach/Daisy/Rosalina/Wario/DK/etc in a Mario Party game yet. Not that I want them there, but they seem to get shoehorned into everything else! There's always the next one, I suppose...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the double post, but... the reviews are in!

And they're pretty much what you'd expect from a Mario Party game.

GameXplain - "Meh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6SHZho9JQ

GameSpot - 6/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7kxZSk2MM

Nintendo Insider - 8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGw04VxX7Eg

NintendoLife - 7/10

GameInformer - 6/10

AttackoftheFanboy - 4/5

Destructoid - 6/10

Shack News - 7/10

EuroGamer - 3/5

Metro - 6/10

LazyGamer - 5/10

NintendoWorldReport - 6.5/10

God is a Geek - 9/10

GamesRadar - 2.5/5

Tech Crunch

Saw these above average to mixed reviews coming from a mile away. Still interested in the title, although my dad will always shove critical opinions in my face because apparently if my opinion isn't in lockstep with critics it isn't right.

I think people rank GameExplain's "Meh" status as "3/5" lol. Either way, I'm not at all surprised. I don't mind the fact that they delayed Mario Party 10 a few years... but despite this delay its still too close to the last game. And Mario Party 9 went in the exact WRONG direction for the series.

The things this game does right is add DK back and Rosalina. But either way I'm not really interested in it.