Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

This was easily the highlight of Nintendo's show for me. This game looks absolutely fantastic! And it's so good to see something new from Nintendo. Not just is the IP itself new, but the genre is something they've not done before (especially with the online focus) and it's very original in it's own right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks amazing! I'm really looking forward to it, will it be a downloadable title or something in the same vein as Titanfall?

This looks interesting. It's like de Blob x paintball. I really like the concept of travelling through the paint.

This one really surprised me. Shooters aren't normally my thing, but there's a lot of clever ideas here that tie together really well, it looks like a really fun and unique take on the genre.

Also squids. Can't go wrong with squids.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's sort of like they made a whole game based on the propulsion gel from Portal 2.

I'm cautiously intrigued.

It looks pretty good. It definitely needs some more modes though. No matter how good your shooter is, it'll get boring real fast if you only have one game mode.

This looks like a lot of fun! It's colourful, unique and super cute to boot! I love the cutie squid character designs and the gameplay looks amazing and is something so different from Nintendo's usual stuff. I really hope this will be one of Nintendo's more successful new IP's.

I want expanded info about this game soon. It has a lot of promise, and I want to see more of it evolve.

Heard about this, great that Nintendo are reviving old IPs, can't wait for this Wii U remake of Splatoon.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's a cute vid made for the game. Looks like Nintendo really wants to give this one attention.

Anyone else hoping for some really cool minigames in this game like some sort of paint the canvas mode or a race to the finish sort of thing.

This is honestly the only shooting game that has piqued my interest in like the last 4 years. I wonder if there will be other match types other than Territory, though.

I really love the look of this. Nintendo was in need of a multiplayer shooter, and I'm glad that they went the creative route rather than making their own version of CoD. This does look like a lot of fun, and I'm not usually even into shooters. The squid mechanic looks like a good idea too.

I'm loving the look of this game, it's like the only shooter that is genuinely interesting me. However I do worry if it is literally JUST online play you can do and only territory?

I'm hoping they add more modes like king of the hill or maybe even some CtF sorta mode, also hoping for non online multiplayer against cpu's and HOPEFULLY split screen 4 player action, although that last one I doubt it

Splatoon was definitely one of the stand-out moments from the Nintendo presentation for me, which is funny seeing as it really didn't grab me when the section first started up. But after the gameplay kicked in and the details kept coming... yeah, this looks surprisingly brilliant! This is Nintendo jumping on the shooter bandwagon but with the bright and zany twist that only they can bring to the table. It's not all about brown and grey and shooting and killing, it's about being colourful and playful and making a mess - and yeah, no doubt people will scoff and label it "kiddy" by comparison to the big hitters like COD, but when it looks this good and seems to evoke so much mischievous fun, who cares?

Plus, Nintendo could really do with a successful online multiplayer experience (MK8 notwithstanding) so I really really really hope this takes off for them. This could be the start of a great new IP.

In all honesty, the main thing keeping me from being that interested in this is the fact that it seems to be an entirely competitive game with no kind of "linear" structure or end goal, just random matches... same reason I've never been into TF2.  Has it been said whether it'll have any kind of single player campaign mode to enjoy at my own pace and get to grips with the game with?

In all honesty, the main thing keeping me from being that interested in this is the fact that it seems to be an entirely competitive game with no kind of "linear" structure or end goal, just random matches... same reason I've never been into TF2.  Has it been said whether it'll have any kind of single player campaign mode to enjoy at my own pace and get to grips with the game with?

This is another 2015 game, right?  I'd say there's a good chance of there being more to it by then.

You know who needs to be playable in this game?

character-thumb-squidward.jpg?height=225

WELCOME TO THA SALTY SPLATOON! HOW TOUGH ARE YA?

• Thumbs Up 5

Squidward would hate it. Make Patrick playable. He's the best Spongebob character ever conceived.

I can't get over how great this game looks, I was not expecting Nintendo to step into this territory! I hope this means they will expand online multiplayer to other games like the Mario platformers and such.

The more gameplay I see of Splatoon, the more I want to play it. I rarely ever say this about shooters, but this is more than a shooter. I just love the ink surfing mechanics and the concept of fighting over territory by shooting ink everywhere. (it's like extreme JSR) The presentation's fantastic as well. The shooting and splatting sound effects are so satisfying to hear, the music is the catchiest I've heard from E3 so far, the character designs are appealing and the shading's great.

Also I really appreciate that the teams have contrasting colors, like orange with blue and teal with pink, it adds so much to the eye candy.