Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Imma be honest, I haven't been following this game in quite a while. I'm still eager to play it though, and I'm even more excited now that I've just now heard that there's a demo coming out tonight. The limited time is really questionable though, but I shouldn't be surprised that Nintendo's made yet another questionable decision.

Tis a stress test, they don't want all their servers to go down and screw over all the MK8 and SSB4 players, Miiverse, or the E-shop. It allows them to gage how much they need to reinforce the system, while giving people a taste of the game without giving them too much to keep them from wanting the real thing 

Japan still gets the best commericials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQAhX1TF7Q&feature=player_embedded

• Thumbs Up 5

OH BOY, MORE SHITTY SERVER CONNECTIONS ON NINTENDO STUFF! BRING OUT THE CROSS ARMED MARIO!

Having very few issues getting into games. Online is super stable from what I'm seeing.

Occasionally tell me I'm unable to connect but that's because it tries to get into a full lobby.

The good news is that the overall connection is fine. The problem is that connecting to games can be a problem since Nintendo's Online infrastructure causes a few problems when joining games.

Yeah, the server died for about 2 minutes for me once 11 hit, then it worked fine. So....oh man, this is going to be an addicting game, I can feel it. The main focus on Turf Wars is to get as much of the stage covered in ink. You should already know this, but I noticed something: DON'T TREAT IT LIKE DEATHMATCH OR ANY OTHER SHOOTER! Seriously, you start dying a lot more and bog down your teammates. And make sure to use that Special Weapon as well, which is easily obtainable if you focus on the objective. Once I got that in my mind, I started getting first 3 matches in a row, getting a lot of kills and dying probably at least twice. Also, staying in Squid form is the best way to get out of a sticky situation. Use sub weapons if you're cornered and have ink and finish them with a bit of your gun. If you need to get somewhere fast, use your squid form or quick jump after respawn and also jump around a bit while shooting: it'll make the difference sometimes as your enemy is shooting at you, the ground, or your ink in squid form.

• Thumbs Up 6

No connection problems so far, and... HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING FUN. The gyro controls actually work well, too.

• Thumbs Up 4

The Splat Roller might as well have a flashing label that reads "PICK ME TO WIN THE GAME", the bomb is useful as a last minute resort, and that paint nuke thing is fucking awesome. The graphics look even more beautiful in 60 FPS 1080p, and the music is great. I'm still getting used to the gyro and analogue stick control combo, but I'm still having a blast. Only 15 minutes left to play though. ;~;

• Thumbs Up 3

The Splat Roller might as well have a flashing label that reads "PICK ME TO WIN THE GAME", the bomb is useful as a last minute resort, and that paint nuke thing is fucking awesome. The graphics look even more beautiful in 60 FPS 1080p, and the music is great. I'm still getting used to the gyro and analogue stick control combo, but I'm still having a blast. Only 15 minutes left to play though. ;~;

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't get matched with anybody on SSMB because I always end up playing with players from Japan -_-

Turned off that gyro control as soon as I could man, and I'm faring much better for it. The game is super fun but I feel like the matches are actually too short, maybe 5 minutes would've been better. It controls fine, the roller is broken, but I prefer the Splattershot anyway, but yeah. Good game.

First hour's finished.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think I was just in a match against you....

Here I was thinking: "Gee, it sure would be funny if I got someone on SSMB.". If the player name was PSI Wind, that was me. There's only one B )

Rollers are the Little Mac of this game btw

Just dominated an all-roller team 58% with an all-Splatshooter team. Feels good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, if you're any distance away from the dude with the roller, he ain't doing shit to you.

Yeah, rollers are definitely going to be the biggest challenge in this game. I decided to pick the splat charge and man is it hard to use but i'm going to dedicate myself to it when this game comes out cause I feel like its going to be really helpful in higher level play.

Also, I feel as though this games going to be similar to KI:U where the faster you get used to the stylus/gyro scope controls the better you'll be for it.

I actually prefer having a shield handy with the Splattershot Jr, it works wonders against groups of foes or a roller that's almost up in your face.

But, yeah, this game is so much fucking fun.

Rollers can't move anywhere near as fast as other players too, can't shoot up boxes/walls etc. They're good for covering a lot of ground quickly but are pretty awful for fighting/verticality. 

Love the Splattershot Jr. Love love love the game. Really suprised how easy it was to get into games ( like 10 secs? ) in aus and very little noticeable lag when playing and fighting. There's a lot more to it then meets the eye bepth wise as well. Love it. 

And aside from having the issues during the beginning of the hour, I didn't have many connection issues. Guess we'll see where they take it from here.

Rollers can't move anywhere near as fast as other players too, can't shoot up boxes/walls etc. They're good for covering a lot of ground quickly but are pretty awful for fighting/verticality.

If you kinda spam the trigger, you can splat up the walls just fine.

I spent a good five seconds chasing an opposing Splat Roller wielder in a circle trying to kill each other until I eventually got him, haha. I can't wait for the next session.

This game is absolutely fantastic, my goodness. Gyro controls worked great actually, and this is coming from someone who dislikes gyro controls generally.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH RELEASE ALREADY

And aside from having the issues during the beginning of the hour, I didn't have many connection issues. Guess we'll see where they take it from here.

If you kinda spam the trigger, you can splat up the walls just fine.

Still no where near as fast as someone with one of the other weapons, who can paint/swim up it while you're flicking at the base.

It's 720p.

Whoo! Brilliant gameplaying time.

Managed to record a few matches with an off-screen camera as well.

Yeah, the game itself is a lot of fun, and I still don't know which weapon I like the best yet. Was playing mostly with the Splattershot though.