Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Anybody know if the game will support the pro controller for player 1?

I had mostly american players myself with the one or two jpn players (and literally GACKT, don't really know about him).

Anybody know if the game will support the pro controller for player 1?

I'm pretty sure they confirmed other control methods, yes.

I accidentally slept through the first test fire cause the alarm I'd set to wake me wasn't loud enough. And I'm gonna be out this evening, so this will be my only chance to play. I really with this testfire was running for a solid 24 hours or something, or for a few hours every weekend between now and launch. It's really inaccessible.

Anyone else feeling that the Walleye Warehouse is a much better map for something like the Ranked Battle CTF? At deathmatch if you can keep it up you can pretty much corner the other team to it's spawn point. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Motion controls suck. Switched to analogue ASAP.

This game is amazing. 

Sadly, both due to HDD space and timing I couldn't catch the demo, but glad to hear all the positive feedback, and I was planning to pick it up

Wow, that was a lot of fun! I can't wait for the full game now, but I do have a couple of 'complaints'. Firstly, the matches feel a tad bit short, it would have been nice if they were slightly longer, but that could just be me. Secondly, I can see only one mode and five maps getting old somewhat quickly unfortuently, so hopefully Nintendo will be quick with rolling out content.

Overall though, the gameplay was superb, the controls (with the exception of motion controls) were nice and responsive, the music was great, and the graphics look nice for a Wii U game. Probably one of the more creative shooters I have played in years actually!

Well, that's that. 

Bloody good funI did best with the Splattershot Jr and the Roller, but the Sniper was rubbish for me at least. Other players scored mammoth points and kills with it. I'm just not used to aiming like that. It's just so much fun to go mental after every last scrap of ground you can find. Really looking forward to it at the end of the month now. 

If I had any criticisms, they're that the game so far feels totally anonymous. I have no idea who I'm battling or who's on my team. It's just... go for it. Omitting voice chat and adding other friend functions via patch is just ridiculous. And in that entire hour, I did the same thing repeatedly without having to adjust my strategy much. How long is this game going to last?

Played the demo for around 35 minutes just now, what a great time this is. I really enjoyed the chaotic nature of it and how you can use your paint and the map layout to form new pathways. In the warehouse level I loved going along the top of the containers while players from both teams fought below me.

The motion controls...work, but I think I'll be turning them off in future matches in favour of the right stick.

Something I haven't seen talked about much is the inclusion of the little arcade minigame while you wait for enough people to join the lobby. It's a nice little way to fill the time and you're never really in a lobby long enough for the game to wear out.

Looking forward to getting my pre-order from GAME on the day. It's cheaper elsewhere but I'll get a silly hat with it, and I'm all in favour of a silly hat.

I am chuffed to bits with the gameplay, but one concern I still have is content. Five maps is only three more than two, and if I start to feel bored of those two maps in the test fire tonight.....the game isn't going to have lasting appeal until more content launches, at least in multiplayer.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am chuffed to bits with the gameplay, but one concern I still have is content. Five maps is only three more than two, and if I start to feel bored of those two maps in the test fire tonight.....the game isn't going to have lasting appeal until more content launches, at least in multiplayer.

Despite this, quality in maps matter. In terms of design and polish, the maps work really well. Different game modes and etc. will fully help decide the game's longevity from launch til it's next update.

Honestly, if there's one thing I'm really afraid of happening, it's that Splatoon will become the next Titanfall. The next fun shooter that glued me right in, but knocked me out because there wasn't enough substantial content. I seriously hope this won't be the case Nintendo. I'm hoping that the consistent updates will keep me interested enough to keep Splatoon as my shooter of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus Christ, the demo was even earlier than Sonic Book's air time! This time limit is bullshit.

Jesus Christ, the demo was even earlier than Sonic Book's air time! This time limit is bullshit.

Yeah, it is absolute bull, but on the bright side the times surprisingly fit right in with a lot of events I'm having today. Yesterday happened during my "personal game night", and the last event happening later today just so happens to end right before the SSMB Game Night begins

heh

Second hour over, then. Two hours in and I still don't feel its getting repetitive. Sure, I can't use the charge shot brilliantly, but the roller and splattershot are real good weapons. I wonder if there will be a map change for the last lot... Probably not. Doesn't matter either way as those two maps are definitely good in their own right.

I unfortunately wasn't able to participate because my internet was off. But I should be able to attend the final test today.

Played 45 minutes of the first test; walked in the door from work as the clock struck eleven, got an error message first but got in about 11:06.  Had a grand time, but I have a habit of leveling the GamePad that I need to stop, since I end up looking at the ground and not where I'm going.  Aside from that user error, I'm loving the controls and had a lot of fun.  A couple of Japanese names drifted through the crowd but mostly they seems to be English speakers.  Several games seemed to be very FPS-oriented where we lost because the other players seemed to be focusing on hunting down the other team instead of spreading ink, but I was on the winning side about half the time.  I assume the team the player is on is always the Good Guys - but does everyone start on the left/bottom side of the map from their own view?

Will try to get in on the third hour - I was still asleep for the 2nd.

Some new footage from the demo, showing the Roller in action:

Joking aside, I had quite a lot of fun earlier. Think it's likely I'll get it Day 1 now; I was already pretty much intending to anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 6

So who wants some gameplay footage recorded by an amateur?

You're getting some anyway. This is from that 4am UK session. There are three more matches to go up with a second video.

That has seriously got to be the latest I have ever stayed up. But it was worth it to be one of the first playing.

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF

UH

SLIGHTLY-SLOWER-THAN-NORMAL-SQUID SPEED

I love the Charger too. Even at close range I just have to tap ZR a bunch to kill someone after me.

Oh also I got a triple kill with the Roller by flicking once.

On the subject of maps... I honestly wouldn't have minded if the one that wasn't the warehouse (I forgot the name) was the only map. I loved that one quite a bit.

Also, did anyone notice the Miiverse posts in the levels? That's really cool, I think that means our drawings we do in the Splatoon community will show up in-game.

Didn't have time to play the demo cos we were out this evening. D: My boyfriend is currently playing it though (with less than half an hour playtime!) and holy shit it looks FUUUUUN! I just hope the game will keep me entertained for a long time. I heard there's only five maps in the actual game?

Overall enjoyed my time on the demo.  Zero connection issues, I really love the stategic play, the jumping feels good, took me a while to figure out all the powerups but they're fun to use and add to the strategy, though the graphics are a little lower quality than I expected.  Also weirdly every now and then the gameplay would cut out and just show a map getting covered in paint, but after about 3 minutes it would go back to the regular game (though I'd have to push + before it started up again, weirdly it always went back to the title screen but would pick up where I left off which is a nice feature).  Was playing just on the gamepad since the TV was in use, by the way.  Anyway, day one purchase!