Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

tumblr_nos1ghh9QD1tmdb3ho1_500.gif

tumblr_nos1ghh9QD1tmdb3ho2_400.gif

Oh NOW I get why you guys are so excited!

Welp, shoot. Solkia figured all of us out. Pack it up.

...all except me.

70f.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_nos1ghh9QD1tmdb3ho1_500.gif

tumblr_nos1ghh9QD1tmdb3ho2_400.gif

Oh NOW I get why you guys are so excited!

YOU'RE AN ECHINDA YOU'RE AN ESQUIDNA WE'RE ALL ESQUIDNAS NAAAAAAAAAAOOOOO

Global Testfire today is plagued with some bug or other that's destroyed the servers. Haven't been in a game for fifteen minutes now, and have only had one since it started.

Time to mess around in the tutorial, me thinks.

Well, I played one match, and since then I've been hanging in limbo, between the lobby and the team screen where it says 'Searching for a battle to join . . .'  After about 8 minutes it kicks me back to the lobby with a 'Other device failed to connect' error message.  Rather disappointing after all my hoping we'd get done at work early enough to be home . . .

Yeah, I only managed to get 2 matches in and the game fucked up before it was even 23:10. Now over half the time is gone. Massively disappointed cause I've been looking forward to it all day. I hope Nintendo can get it fixed and make up for the loss. 

Better it happen now than later ideally. At least now Nintendo has a good idea what to expect for launch. That's part of the reason why the Testfire was done in the first place.

CFuWtW8W8AAAw4T.png

Out of three successful ones though it's interesting that the fourth one fell flat. Gotta wonder what spurred the interest though. All the marketing hype? The fact that the different regions couldn't rationalize around the time zone this time?

I got to play like two minutes before the server kicked the bucket.

I guess I can say that I really liked what little I managed to play.  I wish I could have had time to try out the other weapons at least, though.

The gyro controls aren't as bad as I thought they would be and are very helpful in some instances.  The game is also pretty beginner friendly, to my surprise.  That may be because the game's not been around long enough for people to have developed their skills, but yeah.  It was a pretty satisfying two minutes overall.

I got to play like two minutes before the server kicked the bucket.

I guess I can say that I really liked what little I managed to play.  I wish I could have had time to try out the other weapons at least, though.

The gyro controls aren't as bad as I thought they would be and are very helpful in some instances.  The game is also pretty beginner friendly, to my surprise.  That may be because the game's not been around long enough for people to have developed their skills, but yeah.  It was a pretty satisfying two minutes overall.

The game is definitely beginner friendly. Your main goal is just to ink up the place. It barely takes a single hit to take someone out or to be taken out yourself, so there's very little skill required to actually make some progress and have fun. I'm not digging the gyro controls though. Turned them off almost right away and I'm very glad it's an option, along with inverting the right-stick's axes.

Better it happen now than later ideally. At least now Nintendo has a good idea what to expect for launch. That's part of the reason why the Testfire was done in the first place.

CFuWtW8W8AAAw4T.png

Out of three successful ones though it's interesting that the fourth one fell flat. Gotta wonder what spurred the interest though. All the marketing hype? The fact that the different regions couldn't rationalize around the time zone this time?

If anything its probably people like me; I didn't bother trying it last week. Then I heard there was another one and was like "Oh... hmm... maybe I'll try it just because." I think that's basically what happened; a lot of people didn't bother last week, or couldn't make it. Most everyone probably came back from last weekend, then quite a bit more came in that didn't get to play (or didn't bother playing).

Yup. I can say I'm one of those who returned from last week. And I can understand the whole server overload thing, due to many more people joining in.

I mean, I knew there would be server issues since this is the last one.  But I didn't expect it to be this bad. :V

I played with gyro controls and they are literally the worst thing ever. Ruined my life for the entire match. Never a-fucking-gain.

I didn't have a problem with them.  Had to give up though; my husband was kind enough to wait dinner an hour until the end of the originally scheduled match, but it's not fair to make him wait an extra hour.

I think the best set up for a team is to have at least 2 or 3 rapid fire players and have at least one roller. Having more than 2 rollers would hard to take control of certain areas at least in my experience.

At one point I was in a team of 3 rollers and a sniper :S we got DESTROYED by the other team.

having more splatter shot players are usually better.

Personally I like snipers in general. I'm still getting used to it. Extended TestFire isn't over yet, but I'm done.

CFuqI3fWIAApBlo.jpg

I did it. I finally learned how to Splatcharger.

Best score I could get with the sniper was about 500, so that's a mere 200 without the winner's bonus. I was getting the hang of it a bit, but the other weapons are just much more fun.