Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

I'm curious, what was the line exactly? Sonic and the Secret Rings of all things had Sonic himself say "hell" too; I don't think it's really considered a swear anymore, at least depending on context.

I'm not sure, but in Australia I haven't really met anyone that considers "hell" a particularly bad word.

I think it fits with cap'n cuttlefish as a cranky old cap'n type character. A little grizzled, but essentially a cute cuttlefish.

• Thumbs Up 1

My friend got the game early today, and he was streaming it earlier. One thing that really stood out to me in one of the story missions, was that Captain Cuttlefish(?)....

used the word 'hell'.

I'm not complaining about the inherent use of the word, I say far worse all the time, I just found it really strange that Nintendo are often borderline obsessed with their "think of the children" mentality yet they are using language like this in a game that is supposedly aimed at a younger audience. Granted, it's not a terribly bad word for many, but it's still classed as cursive. The point I am trying to make here is that they removed voice chat due to concerns about lamguage, yet here they are doing it themselves. Still, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, because the single player looks like a ton of fun. Despite all of the known shortcomings, the raw footage that I have seen has reinstated my hype fully.

Roll on Friday....or hopefully earlier if Amazon mess up....

I think Hell is slowly on its way out of the "bad word" list.  Or at least, it's not as bad as it used to be.  Splatoon is rated E10+, the same as Shadow the Hedgehog.  So much like "damn," "crap" and "sucks," it's no longer an instant T-rating.  Still, I did find it a little shocking when Sonic had a reference to Hell in SA2B. ("Hell Bomber" I think is the name of the Dark Chao's special move in multiplayer.)

But yeah, I guess I wasn't expecting a Nintendo game, one that is ultimately aimed at children at that, to have any form of profanity, no matter how minor.  It's not really bothersome or out of place, given the tonality of the game (as far as I know), but still unexpected.

Need to see the word used in context first. I mean Disney movies have said the word hell before but it wasn't in a swearing sense. Anyway, it's a very mild swear IMO, kids say it all the time so it doesn't bother me. =P

A lot of the game's soundtrack is already ripped, here's a playlist of a bunch of the songs uploaded by a single user.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqnRyJ45mEuikCOaQRRM_ZOm-iUH3AMvB

Should highly warn you that people are suspecting one of the titles of one of the tracks to be very spoilery.

alsoshouldichangemyusernameto"inklingnoklonoa"

• Thumbs Up 3

A lot of the game's soundtrack is already ripped, here's a playlist of a bunch of the songs uploaded by a single user.

Should highly warn you that people are suspecting one of the titles of one of the tracks to be very spoilery.

Listening to it, it just sounds like one of those special boss remixes that occasionally appear in game soundtracks, with a small addition to its name. In the context of the game, it would be pretty ridiculous if that was the final boss.

First review from Killscreen Daily: 82/100

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/indescribable-weirdness-splatoon/

The reason why I’ve developed such an immense respect for Splatoon it is that it’s a huge risk that scarcely comes off as risky. It works with numerous different gameplay vocabularies and assumptions—all those I name-checked above and more—yet brings them together in a way that makes you feel good about being thrown off-balance. We might be able to see it as a pastiche of gameplay conventions (in the same way that everything written after, say, The Epic of Gilgamesh is also a pastiche of past forms), but I think that’s too reductive.

Listening to it, it just sounds like one of those special boss remixes that occasionally appear in game soundtracks, with a small addition to its name. In the context of the game, it would be pretty ridiculous if that was the final boss.

I got the game! Here's some interesting details I noticed/my impressions thus far.

Interesting stuff:

1. On first boot up, you are taken straight into the character customizer (squid gender/skin tone/eye colour) and after that, you're in the tutorial for how to control things. This was pretty interesting, as I haven't really seen a Nintendo game do this before. After you're done with the tutorial and you're in Inkopolis, you then get the title screen and exiting that takes you to a Squid Sisters news update with the current map choices and a thing saying that the power source of the town is gone (single-player).

2. I'm not sure if it's because I own a EU copy or what, but Inkopolis is definitely running at a locked 30FPS for me at the moment. I didn't even know that this whole regional framerate issue was still a thing, but apparently so. It's weird as well, because the single-player's hub/levels are 60FPS.

3. I can confirm that Captain Cuttlefish does indeed say hell in the first level. Something along the lines of "Use R to throw a bomb, and give em' hell from the back!"

4. So far, it seems like Squid-able surfaces can get as thin as a pole, according to a test I did in one of the single-player levels.

5. Boss battles in the hub are represented by huge kettles.

6. The sunken scrolls are worth getting. They give you this lovely drawn pictures and a bit of squid/octopus lore with every one. There seems to be some sort of unlockable for collecting them all as well, so I'll definitely be collecting them all.

Impressions:

I really like this game. The gameplay is really good, it controls well and the music so far is damn good. I haven't tried the online yet so I'm not sure how good the servers are. I will let you guys know as soon as I do though.

• Thumbs Up 1

well this weapon looks like its my style

Also been seeing the ads all over the kids channels

IF YOU PRE-ORDERED THE SPLATOON + SQUID AMIIBO BUNDLE FROM GAME UK, CHECK YOUR EMAIL. IT'S IMPORTANT.

4NbrOt1.jpg

Holy shit is that for real!?

Edit: *hecks Gaf and twitter* Oh my lord it is.

Been hearing it all over Twitter, apparently so.

Yeeeeah, god damn. D:

It's real

Dear Soniko,

We regret to inform you that the lorry transporting the Splatoon stock from Nintendo's European warehouse to GAME UK has been stolen. Included in this delivery was our allocation of the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo. As a result, we are unable to honour your original pre-order due for delivery on the 29th May 2015.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, we will unfortunately not be getting replacements for these missing items. We have no option but to substitute the Splatoon + Squid Inkling in your order with the standard version of the game. You will still receive your Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy amiibo. We will be discounting this edition by £10 from £52.99 to £42.99 to apologise for this inconvenience. We will also be sending your order by First Class post on Friday 29th May, as we want to make sure that you are happy with this substitution.

If you wish to cancel your complete order, or cancel your Splatoon game order and place an order for just the Inkling Girl or Boy amiibo (priced £14.99 each), please contact customer services on 0208 827 0099 or email us at customer.services@game.co.uk by midday Friday. If you wish to accept this substitution you do not need to contact us.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The GAME Team

Jesus, these scalpers are getting desperate.

What's next? Taking over the factory where they're made?

This is extra shitty since in Europe the Squid Amiibo is Special Edition exclusive.

It's nice that they're throwing in the Girl/Boy Amiibo but if you want the Squid Amiibo you're going to have to order it from Japan.

All I can suggest to people who lost their orders like me, is go to shopto now since they have the bundle, but you won't get a splatoon hat sadly.

That's . . . unbelievable.  Just . . . wow. I'm speechless.  Sorry for your luck, though - hope some can get an alternate order.

I'm going to be waiting until July/August to pick the game up, not because I'm waiting for content or disappointed or whatever, I think it looks awesome, but because I will only have 2-3 chances to play online because I won't have internet at my accommodations until after I finish my internship, so without the online component, I'd much rather save my money for a surprise single player title release around E3, and I got a considerable backlog

So here's a few more reviews:

TIME - 5/5

TheGadgetShow - 5/5

RenoGazetteJournal - 4.5/5

AttackoftheFanboy - 4.5/5

Boy, the general consensus is super positive, wonder what the current metacritic is

If it's GAME, it'll be the UK. No reason for it to be the French edition.