Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

IF YOU PRE-ORDERED THE SPLATOON + SQUID AMIIBO BUNDLE FROM GAME UK, CHECK YOUR EMAIL. IT'S IMPORTANT.

4NbrOt1.jpg

Well THAT came out of the blue.

Darn. 

Shadzter, no problem.

In terms of reviews, the game really is getting a lot of positive feedback, and while some aren't posting scores until they can play with the mass majority come Friday, the game itself is fine. Yeah, the campaign is short, but that's possibly the only thing wrong with the game. Besides, that's a problem most multiplayer shooters suffer anyway.

I've now seen the ad two days in a row on Animal Planet, during Animal Cops.  Certainly a nice change from the stupid insurance ads (if insurance got involved, you didn't 'just barely tap' a bumper) and obnoxious drug ads. Certainly it's a lot more colorful than the others!

What would Nintendo do for UK, offer up a FREE game from the eShop as compensation? Maybe they should just make the amiibo missions into DLC! Let's just settle for the Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo figures.

We finally got the official footage from Splatfest https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=67&v=ZAlCyoE9JHg

I wanna see the Super Scope in this game. NOW.

• Thumbs Up 1

That NES Zapper looks too much like a real gun.

Splatoon, Rated T for Teen.

Nah but seriously, this looks awesome.

That NES Zapper looks too much like a real gun.

Splatoon, Rated T for Teen.

Nah but seriously, this looks awesome.

It's funny you say that, because the Japanese Zapper was basically an actual revolver.

BTW, has nobody seen this? This is a commercial for Splatoon based on it's Single Player. Sounds really different compared to the other commercial songs if you ask me.

So lucky lucky me got it through Amazon a day early. I tried out a bit of Single player, and a bit of Multiplayer too.

The Shops in town won't allow you to purchase any clothing til level 4, in case that hasn't been said yet. And Weapons naturally are unlocked by levels too.

I will say though, the challenge online is mighty easy right now. I've been getting 10-1 K/D's like crazy. But I guess it is launch, so folks might be getting used to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoying Splatoon a lot, though like the testfire demo I can only play for about half an hour or so before getting fatigued of just battling over and over.  I’m the same with most competitive shooters though, they’re just not my thing I guess.  Single Player is fun times so far too.

I have mixed feelings about the character customisation.  On one hand I like that items are limited in choice but change daily rather than letting you see everything but making some stuff super expensive etc, but it does mean I’m in a sort of flux where I don’t really know whether my current outfit may be as “me” as it gets or whether there may be something I like more down the road.

But yeah it’s very cool, I still can’t quite get over the fact that this really is a brand new big name first-party Nintendo IP and not something they got second party like Next Level Games to do or something.  It’s just so fresh, no pun intended.

When I play the game tomorrow in Australia and get the pre-order, I'll post in here about it. Also, does the online work well?

When I play the game tomorrow in Australia and get the pre-order, I'll post in here about it. Also, does the online work well?

I've had no connection issues so far.  Getting into a game has always been quick and painless.  Pretty much as reliable as Mario Kart 8's.

Whoo! I managed to get the last splatoon pack at my local gamestop. Could thing too because the gamestop only had two of them.

More Splatfest footage, this time featuring some disney channel actors

https://youtu.be/Mt1VXpuNfco

Nintendo is trying to do all the crosspromotion they can hunh

I have Splatoon! (Yay!)

But my gamepad charge cord quit on me! I squid you not! (Boo!)

So I decided to look and see if any cords were available at least refurbished in any local stores! I had and inkling that at least one store would have one! (...yay?)

Found nothing. This is some ol' bullsquid. (Boo!)

So I had to look and sea if I could find one online. Found one and had it set for quick shipping! Calamari-clysmic setback advert a little bit. (Yay!) 

It suppose to be in by tomorrow since I have the free trial for Amazon Prime. This thing better work, too! I gotta squid, kid!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mine crapped out on me around the time Smash 4 too, guess they're kind of fragile. Sucks with this game though, because you HAVE to use the GamePad for single player.

Cap'n Cuttlefish says heck in my version of the game BTW. Does he say hell in the UK version or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Cap'n Cuttlefish says heck in my version of the game BTW. Does he say hell in the UK version or something?

He said hell in mine. o .o How strange.

I'm going to put an update for the game here sometime soon. At the moment, here are my first impressions:

So far, I Really like the game. It's nice art direction, music, and it's level design in both Single Player and Multiplayer feels fresh and really welcome to a shooter veteran like me. Map Rotation sounds like an interesting idea but it's kinda annoying at the moment because for 4 hours you're doing nothing but playing 2-3 specific maps. It mixes up the variety, but for how long? Only 5 maps are out at the moment, and the rotations are going to get really old fast. The Squid Sisters are also quite annoying. On bootup, you'll always launch into a unskippable news broadcast where they discuss the current maps being played. But they do this everytime the maps rotate. Every, freaking time.

I'm not going too deep yet as this is only really day one for me, but it looks like it could be a possible GOTY contender for me at this moment next to Monster Hunter 4.

I dominated in Splatoon! The Splattershot Jr is pretty much my main weapon. I hadn't given it up for any other weapon since it has helped me so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of which, as I was playing through the night I was starting to encounter with higher level players (Due to Splatoon being relesed in Japan, a lot of players had an extra day to get gud at the game) so I was pretty much being wrecked left and right. Pretty interesting how quickly the type of players I encountered changed.

On one hand, I so far find Splatoon to be a really enjoyable experience. The game just has this kind of fluidity to it that you normally don't see in other shooters. It just plays so damn well. I only noticed a few internet issues, but for the most part the online connection in this game is really stable, something I can't give merit to Smash Bros. for (Seriously? 4 Player Smash brings down a game but a 8 Player Splatoon match doesn't?).