Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

I should ask, though; why do you need to connect to the internet simply to shop? I could understand it for being for additional items some time after release, but just shopping, period?

I think I'm cursed when it comes to Urchin Underpass. Somehow I always end up on the losing team, rarely my teams wins on that map. I just don't know why.

I bought the game yesterday, along with a female Inkling amiibo. 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm enjoying this game much more than I expected to. I mostly expected to play single player mode (even though I'm hearing it's very short?) but I found myself spending a lot of time playing turf battles. It's really a blast, though I think I've had more losses than victories. I'm usually a bad luck charm when it comes to team games. :P

That's not to say Single Player is not fun, though. I just got to the first boss and had a great time taking him out. In addition, walking around the plaza to see what other people have to say is pretty amusing, even if most of it now is spongebob references. XD

Overall, a fun game, and this is coming from a guy who usually doesn't like playing games online.

So is it just me or are Japanese players kind of...terrible. I know it's generally not right to single out a certain player base, but any game I've been in with them, they don't seem to know what they're doing. They never push forward.

Can't speak for everyone but they tend to be defensive players and let their team push forward whilst they hold the ground they've covered. They're pretty expert at covert ops like planting mines and setting sprinklers and grenades,also love hiding in small patches of ink.

Then again the Japanese I've faced have been excellent and formidable opponents to say the least, they definitely work excellent as a team.

I don't know, whenever I'm on a team with Japanese players making up the majority, we lose because they stick back in the base rather than actually trying to force the other team back. When I'm on an opposing team, they get steam rolled despite the overly defensive play. If you concern yourself with holding one area too much, you're likely to lose.

I've had a bunch of Japanese wreck my shit no matter how good I've played,you just seem to be picking up poor selections of players during your match making, at least you'll level up faster?

I'm trying to crawl past level 17, keep getting matched up with OP level 20's even when I'm MVP practically every round.

tumblr_np5f0sgTcS1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

One of our scientists has made a rather stunning discovery! From early reports, it appears to be a means of adding motion control to the controller of the player playing on the TV screen in Battle Dojo. On the controller selection screen for Battle Dojo, press and hold down on the +Control Pad, press and hold B, and then press ZR and ZL.

It seems a Wii Remote Plus is necessary to perform this incredible feat. This technique also appears to be possible when using a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro! When using a Wii U Pro Controller, first press ZL and ZR to select that as your controller, and then press the 2 Button on the Wii Remote Plus to activate it.

So apparently this is a thing that actually works

It's only used in the Battle Dojo, but while that's a downside for the rest of the game, it's a lifesaver for that mode. You go up against a gyro player 1-on-1 with analog controls, and you're going to get creamed.

Speaking of which, after playing several dozen matches of the battle dojo... I'm gonna have to say this is the best mode of them all currently. I thought that this mode would mostly be just hunting down ballons in a big map while hardly bumping into another player, sort of like a "practice" mode as advertized, but it turns out the ballons are only spawned in certain points of the map that draw the players to them like flies to a light bulb. From there, it quickly becomes a game of who can out-shoot, out-maneuver, and out-smart the other player at that specific rendezvous point, with several different variables such as random special weapons, area height, and already laid-out ink. And kills matter a lot more in this mode than in turf wars, as they can remove up to 10 points from your stockpile if you're close to winning by max score alone.

Overall, this mode just feels more complex, personal, and even intense in areas than what turf wars has to offer currently, and it's definitely surpassed my expectations of how good I originally thought it would be. Definitely going to be using this mode the most out of them all. Shame it's only local, though; this mode clearly deserves to be online as well.

Already hit 20 the other morning, so far am enjoying my time in. very i did put a lot of hours in.

Managed to get the last 3 pack at my TRU, but waiting on the game for now(which with Lego Worlds now being a thing I don't mind too badly). 

Also, Splatoon took over new york

https://youtu.be/hgEfKjg6APo

Also new map and the NES Zapper and rank mode coming tonight!

• Thumbs Up 1

Splatoon's first content update is coming tomorrow.

With this ink-tastic shooter game now available on Wii U, new content is coming from tomorrow morning, 03:00 UK time, when aspiring Inklings will be able to power up their gameplay with the rapid-fire N-ZAP ’85 weapon, and get their tentacles stuck into a brand new stage called Port Mackerel! Alongside these additions, Splatoon’s Ranked Battle mode will also become available for characters level 10 and above.

• Thumbs Up 2

As if the name doesn't give it away, the N-ZAP '85 is pretty much a direct homage to the original grey NES Zapper.

tumblr_np9y2r2ciD1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

That's pretty fucking awesome, I love little nods to history like that.

Kinda wish we can go farther than level 20, makes me feel like I'm making progress or something. The only thing that's building up is my coins which isn't much.

This game is still loads of fun though.

I'm guessing Port Mackerel is gonna be one of the single player UFO stages set down at the docks?  I've still not finished Hero Mode yet but I've noticed a few stages being curiously symmetrical and non-surreal compared to the ocotopus cave/dome stages yet have not seen said stages showing up in the online rotation.  I assumed I just kept missing them.

The ufo/octoling stages always take place on a multiplayer stage. Two of them are Kelp Dome and Port Mackerel. I don't really understand why they aren't in the game in the first place but okay.

Agreed. I understand the logic behind drip-feeding content - and for free, no less - to maintain interest, but if the maps were done beforehand, I don't see the point in withholding them. I know a few people who may have been there day one if the game just had a little more content on release.

Nintendo and Random Encounters has partnered up, and invited a few youtubers to play some Splatoon! Best part? On one video, you can see different POVs, from both teams!

This'll only work on the full youtube page of the video.

So now the update is up and ranked battle is for those already over level 10.

Already got a few matches of it and it is fuuuuuuuuuun!!! And hard! Its a mode that really forces you and your teammates to work together to control one spot long enough to win the battle. Specials and bombs are super effective in this mode so make use of them.

Agreed. I understand the logic behind drip-feeding content - and for free, no less - to maintain interest, but if the maps were done beforehand, I don't see the point in withholding them. I know a few people who may have been there day one if the game just had a little more content on release.

I honestly think those that say stuff like "oh I'd get it if there was more content" are probably unlikely to ever have bought it.

• Thumbs Up 3

My brother has been playing Ranked Battles, there was only a few times he had the unfortunate encounter with idiotic teammates that thought they were still playing turf wars.

Oh I had the most amazing match in Turf War! It was unbelievable what happened and it helped my team claim victory.

Okay so during the match I had decided to head to the top area of Saltspray Rig since the rest of my team members were too pre-occupied with the bottom of the map. Well when I went there an roller inkling had charged up his special and transformed into the Kraken. I panicked and immediately started shooting my blaster because of it. The inkling kraken charged toward me and I back into a corner while I kept shooting ink. But much to my surprise the kraken wasn't able to hit me and his mode wore off.

Seizing my chance I blasted and killed him. Then a few seconds later two of his teammates appeared and they were also rollers. I panicked since I was sure one of the rollers would take me out. But again to my surprise the unexpected happened. I quickly blasted at one of rollers, taking him out and I was able to quickly turn and take out the other roller before he could reach me. And right after the roller was killed, the team member who had a blaster started firing at me.

I quickly ducked down in my ink and dodge his attacks before coming back up and killing him. My mouth dropped open at the fact I was able to defend that area alone with no teammates and without using my bubble shield once.