Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Ink's happening! (Does that work as a pun?)

Anyway, we're getting a costume, in Japan, that is.

Maybe it'll get in the west? Is Squid Girl even a thing here?

i didn't any anything racist, what are you trying to bring it up off? what am saying is i haven't play with a lot of people in the same region and it does suck. in fact.

Does where they come from really matter? I mean, they're still players in the end, there's nothing wrong with playing with people from other countries. I've played with and against people from Japan who were either really skilled or really bad. In the end they're just playing the game like everyone else. 

Also, considering the lack of voice chat It's not like you're going to be interacting with them... Doesn't ranking pick out  people at random?

Well, this is what I get for playing casually. Getting my shit pushed in by all the level 20s who've been playing all weekend. It's going to take a LONG time to level.

Am thinking finally find out a good weapon for ranked, but overall my sorry for the past post. it was some salt for sure.

I do think there should be an option with general play to choose to be matched up randomly (the teams are then organised to make them as equal as possible, as in the current system - i.e. if you have six level 7 people and two level 20 people those level 20's will never be put on the same team), or have an option to select to ONLY be matched up with people around the same level as you, with a disclaimer saying that this may prevent friends from being allowed to join your game etc.

You know, the first set of squid amiibo challenges are actually kinda fun - they're basically time attack challenges, except you have infinite use of the Kraken. So much fun.

Really, that amiibo has two types of challenges - the time attack and a 'limited ink' challenge, where the player can't regenerate ink (which the game compensates for by giving you a much larger tank), and you need to conserve your ink where possible. Plus, you get coins for each challenge completed, which is a nice bonus.

While having such genuine content locked behind Amiibos is dumb via the challenges, I am actually annoyed on the same level as everyone else now since learning that there are 3 other little 8-bit games to play that only Amiibo owners can access.

What's everyone's opinion on playing Turf Wars with 2-3 people on your team against a full team of 4?

At first it seems a little unfair, but on some matches we still won with less people and it does kind of give a challenge.

Finished story mode.  Wow did the finale live up to the hype regarding both it's awesomeness and intensity!  There was so much hype I was starting to doubt it'd manage it but nope, totally did.

My only disappointment with the story mode was the soundtrack really.  It's all good stuff but did get a bit repetitive and lacking in atmosphere.  I don't think 5 songs was quite enough to spread across 27 levels.  I admit there is a charm that harkens back to the old soundtracks of NES games where something like that was the norm, but... still.  I also found the music overall weaker than the online Battle music.  The online music is like, quirky but damn cool.  The Single Player music is all quirky and a lot more video-gamey lol.  I missed the cool factor.

Other than that the ending kind of surprised me in the sense that:

We get all this depressing backstory that honestly made me pity the Octolings just a little bit, and yet at the end... despite the fact that Inklings and Octolings used to get along, the Octolings are left still living underground, they still have no power, their society is still collapsing... and the Inklings are like "yep good".  And considering the Octolings chose to invade and steal over asking for help, the Inklings have every right to feel that way but... I guess I really expected the Inklings to be the bigger people and find a solution where both parties benefitted or... something!  But nope it was pretty much a straight up good vs evil story in the end lol.

Dang that credits music (and artwork!) was so so good though.

• Thumbs Up 1

How would that even work since, y'know, Mario can't become a squid? ...Or a kid for that matter, but would we really want to see him without that tash?

Themed costumes or weapons, sure. Man, I would love a Varia Suit and matching arm-cannon type weapon. But fully playable characters? No way.

Yeah, I'll stay sceptical until we have something official. But it would indeed be amazing if we got FLUDD as a weapon.

Also, I cleared all the Squid Amiibo challenges. Killing bosses with the Kraken is amazing fun, it's practically god mode. In particular, sending the final boss' missiles back at him by charging into them with the Kraken feels amazing. I also went and unlocked the Hero Charger, defeating the final boss with the charger is harder than normal in some respects in the final stage because it's easy to get overwhelmed quickly and not able to fire off shots quickly enough to ward things off.

Also, the amiibo themselves are some of the best yet in general, mainly because they're not posed in ways that aren't really suited to figurines, which resulted in the stands for the Smash Bros. amiibos, even if they've been using translucent stands lately.

I've only been able to play this game a couple times with my cousins, but this game is just really fun. It's just great to have a shooter where kills aren't the main goal and Turf War is such a brilliant idea. I just wish the stage selection wasn't limited to two for every two hour period, it makes things get a little repetitive quicker. The roller weapon is the only one I'm good with, hopefully there are more to unlock. Overall, this is a great game and I can't wait to get it.

I've only been able to play this game a couple times with my cousins, but this game is just really fun. It's just great to have a shooter where kills aren't the main goal and Turf War is such a brilliant idea. I just wish the stage selection wasn't limited to two for every two hour period, it makes things get a little repetitive quicker. The roller weapon is the only one I'm good with, hopefully there are more to unlock. Overall, this is a great game and I can't wait to get it.

It would be really nice to be able to have multiple loadout slots like in TF2 that you can quickly switch between before a map, though.

Speaking of which, which loadout(s) are you guys using at the moment? As mentioned before, I'm rocking the Hero headset and shoes, along with the Octoling armor (really, I doubt I'll be able to find anything outside of the Amiibo outfit pieces that look anywhere near this sweet), which give me a fairly diverse and useful set of perks, and the Splattershot Jr, if mainly for the bubble shield. I should probably practice using my sub-weapons more, though, their ink use kinda turns me off using them when I could just be gunning down my targets instead.

Oh cool. I was interested in that weapon. I'm looking forward to it being added and trying it out.

I think ragequitters should be stripped of the equippable clothes, and not wear headgear, shoes, and just what they wear under the shirts, no bonus abilities whatsoever for a few matches!

I think ragequitters should be stripped of the equippable clothes, and not wear headgear, shoes, and just what they wear under the shirts, no bonus abilities whatsoever for a few matches!

• Thumbs Up 3

I've had two disconnects so far, I'd be pretty pissed if I was punished for them.

Plus you can't manually ragequit without turning off the entire console so that's a pretty big inconvenience to do so.

Yeah, there are a bunch of reasons why someone would disconnect, other than rage quitting. You never know what's going on with them be it just leaving the game there, or disconnecting. I've never ragequit, and I never left my character standing, but I have had disconnections. My internet connection's not always reliable, so I've been booted off twice. 

It'd kinda suck if I was punished for something that was (At the moment) out of my control.