Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Underpass can be quite annoying but I still think there are maps that are worse. Right now the way I'd rank the maps is like this:

Blackbelly Skatepark, Walleye Warehouse, Kelp Dome, Saltspray Rig, Port Mackerel, Urchin Underpass, Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall, Moray Towers.

Camp Triggerfish is missing because it's a little too new, but based on my initial impression I'd probably put it up there with Kelp Dome.

Wait, are you saying Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall, and Moray Towers are worse maps than Urchin Underpass?

Yes. Mall and Towers are especially terrible maps. The only one of those three I'd say may be better than Underpass is Depot.

So... Looks like they're getting rid of the trees, and possibly bridging the gap in the centre? Or maybe those are pools of water? Hard to tell.

I don't like the mall at all but I do like Moray Towers. A lot of sneaky paths you can take and the verticality is really refreshing. 

My two favourite maps have to be Warehouse and Skatepark though, it's a shame that they're rarely in the rotation when I'm playing. 

tumblr_ns8m02CxL21u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Squad Battle is one of the new multiplayer modes being added in Splatoon’s August update. From what we hear, it’ll allow friends to play together in Ranked Battles, like they’ve been doing so far with in Regular Battles. Form a squad of two or four players, and get into the action!

tumblr_ns8m1fiXqO1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

When forming a two-person squad, you’ll be paired with two more players who’ve done the same, and face off against a team of two two-person squads. That’s a lot of twos! The other pair you and your opponents are matched with are random, but they should be a similar rank.

tumblr_ns8m41VVUS1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

If you form a full-on four-person squad, you’ll be matched up against another foursome of similar rank.

tumblr_ns8m5kpUpa1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

What’s more, you can also form squads of three players, but these will work like four-person squads. You won’t get a handicap, but this is a great challenge for a group of three who think they’ve got what it takes. Oh, and by the way, you’ll still earn points and have your rank affected during Squad Battles. Just a lil something to think about before heading out with a team of three! 

I need to add more Splatoon players to my Friend List. 

I'm a frequent player, my information is to the left under my avatar.

ATHENA/Boma, we can finally start speculating and sorting our Splatoon tourney soon, being able to choose your teams/squads is going to be awesome, and we could even do semi finals elimination since you can have 1 v 1.

This is good news at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_ns8m83cWcN1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Private Battle is a mode in which a group of friends can get together to enjoy online multiplayer to their heart’s content. This mode is for two to eight players, and allows customization of match rules, stages, and team composition.

tumblr_ns8m9anEPU1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

In Private Battle you won’t earn points, and your rank won’t be affected by wins or losses. You can also set a password on your lobby to ensure you’ll be playing with only your closest friends.

This gets a bit technical, but you can also arrange a Private Battle with eight Wii U systems connected to a router that’s in turn connected to the internet.

tumblr_ns9rh9EOCz1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE SQUID RESEARCH LAB! Our sources say that the “Slosher” is a new main weapon category being added with the August update. Weapons in this category look like buckets and deliver huge blasts of ink with each shot. Their shots also fire in an arc, making them useful for hitting opponents that are above you or behind obstacles.

This just in - our sources were able to capture this footage of sloshers in use. Give it a look! 

tumblr_ns8m83cWcN1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ns8m9anEPU1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ns9rh9EOCz1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Well that's awesome, essentially it allows LAN battles, though it does require online activation, but plays through local for a lag-less match. Essentially they are allowing us to do the convention setup they have.

Think I may finally pick this up tomorrow

CLEtmBzUcAAtmwM.jpg

Seem like someone hacked into the game and found this? Not really sure since I found this on twitter. It's the redesign of the Underpass stage.

Did they add 2 trees to the middle? They removed the trees from each teams spawn areas and put them in the choke point, probably to use as cover from snipers using the walk ways above on each side. They also made the high walk ways mostly all inkable flooring now instead of the annoying glass panels breaking up the flow when you need to squid jump to each section once inked.

That seems to be the major changes.

I picked it up, will be giving it a go later, will be focusing on single player and amiibo challenges first both so I can get some gear(like the mecha armor), and some practice. I got weak internet but it will hopefully do, and I got it just in time so I'll be ready somewhat for our SSMB matches come the update

Edit: Say an additional thought, what if when the Splatoon private Lobby update drops we should totally do Rambo mode with 4 of us members against Lady Soniko

Edited by Mando

Say an additional thought, what if when the Splatoon private Lobby update drops we should totally do Rambo mode with 4 of us members against Lady Soniko

Oh come on, 4 against 1? Be reasonable Mando, that's unfair.

You'd need at least 7 on your team to stand a chance.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why don't you love yourself Mando?

:'(

In regards to which part? waiting to play? because that's no longer my choice, as my system has to update. Or in wanting to mix things up with a hunt down?

Oh come on, 4 against 1? Be reasonable Mando, that's unfair.

You'd need at least 7 on your team to stand a chance.

Hah, I figured there was a joke there. Also if there's handicap settings, we could give the team of 4 half health and her 4 times normal health and higher ink levels

Lmao Mando it was a jab at you losing against me in a team of 4, don't sweat it.

Lmao Mando it was a jab at you losing against me in a team of 4, don't sweat it.

Well, I am a newb with no gear, and online's going to be... interesting for me

Squad Battle reminds me of a similar gamemode in Halo, so that sounds really neat and chaotic. I need to finish the Single Player before the update comes, I'm pretty excited :D

I'm a frequent player, my information is to the left under my avatar.

ATHENA/Boma, we can finally start speculating and sorting our Splatoon tourney soon, being able to choose your teams/squads is going to be awesome, and we could even do semi finals elimination since you can have 1 v 1.

This is good news at least.

So we can get members together and form teams in the tournament, right?

If that's the case, then I'm looking around for 3 other players to form a team and we'll totally compete in it. We could call it The Combo Crew, or something like that. Hit me up with a PM, we're gonna ink it up

But you have super sea snails too? it's one super sea snail per reroll so you get 13 free chances.

So managed to get about 9 matches in, and I did pretty good for a newb, managed to win my first 5 on the camp map, then level rotation happened, and I lost my matches on Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome. Cept my last one on Kelp dome, I was winning until I got disconnected at exactly 8AM. So there's the good news/bad news, I'm on Dish, so my internets only good enough to play with between 2 and 8 in the morning at the faster speed

tumblr_nscylhwrNj1u3akyno1_540.png

Sometimes, a kid just wants to get up close and POW! Introducing the Inkbrush Nouveau, which brings the same abilities as the Inkbrush but has a different sub and special! You’ll be able to lay Ink Mines to catch your foes off guard, and then use the Bubbler when you’re ready to go in for your attack! 

The Inkbrush Nouveau will be available tonight at 7 PM PT.

tumblr_nscyxmTjMt1u3akyno1_540.jpg

BREAKING NEWS - Good things must come in twos (that’s a thing, right?), because also coming to Splatoon tonight is the Range Blaster! As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. It has a lower rate of fire, but who cares when you’re taking people out from clear across the battle field!? The Range Blaster comes complete with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike. 

tumblr_nsczc8DOkL1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

THIS JUST IN - With the August update, the level cap appears to be increasing from level 20 to 50! For level 20 onward, both points you earn from inking and points from winning a match will go toward raising your rank. Also, you’ll earn a bit of a reward for every 5th level you earn, so get ready to battle!

• Thumbs Up 3

Dang, just missed Kelp Dome >.<

Looks like leveling is going to be much easier.. 48 points to 21.. That's 10 wins (or 24 loses)

Gonna hit 50 in no time.. Was hoping for a bit more of a challenge

Is it just me or did they make experience leveling similar to Splatfest experience leveling?