Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

Squad Battle is amazing. The entire goal of it was to prompt more users to actually play Ranked Battles and it has more than succeeded. Like Private Battles, you can actually switch your load out in between matches as you see fit without leaving the party and it's just way less frustrating playing with one to three of your friends in Ranked rather than with three randoms. It's not like you can't rank up in it either. You can make it all the way to A+ 99 playing exclusively in Squad Battle.

S and S+ must be achieved by playing regular Ranked Battles but that makes sense I feel. Once you get to S rank or higher, winning or losing in Squad Battles has absolutely no affect on your rank so you can enjoy it as you see fit with no pressure. It almost feels worth it getting to S for that reason, honestly. S+ is for the real crazy die hard players.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, at least NOA didn't choose to give us a Squidward-based DLC. He's pretty much the same thing as Apple from the First Annoying Orange Video, a hated character, and more importantly, according to the 107 Facts about SpongeBob, Squidward is NOT a Squid (nor is he a kid), he's an Octopus, but with 6 Limbs, because 8 Arms is too hard to draw! I mean, it's not like SpongeBob is CUTER than Dot Warner, whom 8horns would argue that she's cuter, which she is!

The fact is that I hate SpongeBob, and I would WILLINGLY yell at my niece watching SpongeBob, and turn on My Little Pony, and shout to her "YOU'RE GONNA BE A PEGASISTER, AND LOVE IT!" Even though she DOES Love My Little Pony!

Well, at least NOA didn't choose to give us a Squidward-based DLC. He's pretty much the same thing as Apple from the First Annoying Orange Video, a hated character, and more importantly, according to the 107 Facts about SpongeBob, Squidward is NOT a Squid (nor is he a kid), he's an Octopus, but with 6 Limbs, because 8 Arms is too hard to draw! I mean, it's not like SpongeBob is CUTER than Dot Warner, whom 8horns would argue that she's cuter, which she is!

The fact is that I hate SpongeBob, and I would WILLINGLY yell at my niece watching SpongeBob, and turn on My Little Pony, and shout to her "YOU'RE GONNA BE A PEGASISTER, AND LOVE IT!" Even though she DOES Love My Little Pony!

.... What?

Like I don't even understand the point you are making here.

Edited by I'm Dan
  • Thumbs Up 4

.... What?

Like I don't even understand the point you are making here.

The point is that Squidward is not a squid, but a deformed octopus (as is everyone else who's his species), and that people like SpongeBob because He's cute! And I would rather see my niece watch My Little Pony than SpongeBob!

All I was saying is that Squidward is TOO Negative to get DLC based on him in Splatoon!

The point is that Squidward is not a squid, but a deformed octopus (as is everyone else who's his species), and that people like SpongeBob because He's cute! And I would rather see my niece watch My Little Pony than SpongeBob!

All I was saying is that Squidward is TOO Negative to get DLC based on him in Splatoon!

Okay? I still don't really get why you bring it up in the first place but alright.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay? I still don't really get why you bring it up in the first place but alright.

It's because that people in the Splatoon Miiverse would post references to Squidward, despite him being an Octopus. It's annoying!

It's because that people in the Splatoon Miiverse would post references to Squidward, despite him being an Octopus. It's annoying!

Uh. No, it's not. It's funny. If you think it's annoying, you either take things too seriously, you don't get the joke, or you should just stay out of miiverse altogether if you can't take the joke, because a fact video on Youtube isn't going to stop people from making that joke. 

and if you want to go further, I can now say Squidward is an Octoling 

• Thumbs Up 1

should i buy the game?

It's definitely one of Wii U's best titles now, and has proven to appeal to both shooter and non-shooter fans thanks to it's decreased emphasis on direct combat gameplay.  The single player is also good fun though not necessarily worth the price of the whole game, so I wouldn't buy it just for that, thus if you don't care for competitive games like, at all, it may not be for you.  The regular games have a nice pressure-off feel to them though due to still rewarding you even on losses, and shuffling the teams each play.

qdUetI.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

It's definitely one of Wii U's best titles now, and has proven to appeal to both shooter and non-shooter fans thanks to it's decreased emphasis on direct combat gameplay.  The single player is also good fun though not necessarily worth the price of the whole game, so I wouldn't buy it just for that, thus if you don't care for competitive games like, at all, it may not be for you.  The regular games have a nice pressure-off feel to them though due to still rewarding you even on losses, and shuffling the teams each play.

qdUetI.jpg

I think we all know what move should come to Splatoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

So? I honestly got more annoyed of the amount of Squidward jokes then the fact that people think he is a Squid instead of a Octopus. Even then, what's the big deal? You don't have to read the posts (heck, I think you can turn them off).

Just a heads up, but apparently getting connection errors in Ranked Battles can still affect your Rank.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing that could remedy this is what Counter-Strike did: Have the ability to reconnect matches you've disconnected, or abandon them. Of course, matches are super short but if a quick error caused you to drop out of a match unintentionally you should have the ability to hop back in. I dunno if it was pause or anything while that happens.

Ah, I'm just like Pear, boring, pretending to be extreme, and hating all things annoying! While the profile says that Pear's best friend is Orange, and he says otherwise, I think he should be best friends with his neighbor across the street, Bartlett (Another Pear who also enjoys books), and Orange should be best friends with the Obnoxious Kumquat!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Okay, are we seriously having a discussion about Squidward DLC?  And his validity as a meme?  Which somehow involves the Annoying Orange of all things?

Let's not have a discussion about Squidward DLC.  Or his validity as a meme.  And let's certainly keep Annoying Orange out of it and out of our lives.

Edited by Tara
  • Thumbs Up 8

Maybe we should just start a Splatoon Thread 2.0?

And exactly what is the point of making a second Splatoon thread? This thread is perfectly fine, just don't start going totally off topic with a miiverse rant, and random complaints and comparisons to SpongeBob and The Annoying Orange.

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ryan please, shut up and don't reply to stupid posts.

New update is rad, but I won't be maining any of the new weapons, at least not yet. Sticking with Custom Dual Squelcher, Splattershot Jr and Gal.Deco. 

I haven't played with anyone here yet, I should really remedy that some time.

I find myself liking the range and rate of fire with the gatling gun but I have to get use to the "charge it then release for rapid fire" control scheme with it. I haven't tried the other weapons yet. I still find myself using the splattershot, I've been trying to switch it up but I haven't found the weapon for "me" yet XD

My personal favourite weapon to use right now in Splatoon is the Krak On Splat Roller for Turf War because of the range and the great special move its got while for ranked matches, I use the Aerospray.

tumblr_nsz5ovUyR01rtr7mwo1_1280.png

tumblr_nsz5ovUyR01rtr7mwo2_1280.png

One day, r-right guys? 

Hour and a half in Photoshop, sorry

Joking aside, I'd like to see something like this. Particularly Jet Set Radio. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I played Krak-On an absolute ton when the game first launched but ever since the Splash-o-matic was released I've fallen in love with it and have no real plans to switch off to anything else. I reached 999999p Turf Inked with it and have continued to use it almost exclusively since then. It's not particularly good (I personally think it's one of the weakest in the game) but it's by far the most fun to use and I've somehow managed to make it work.

.52 Gal Deco has served me well in turf wars. I used to exclusively use both Aerosprays equally until I decided to try out other weapons more suited for combat. Though I wish it had Inkzooka instead of Inkstrike. I also find myself going back to Splattershot Jr. from time to time because Bubbler is pretty valuable.