Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

The make or break for this new Splatling for me is whether or not the range is the same as the Heavy Splatling or longer. It says it's more powerful but I don't know if increased damage is enough to compensate for a slower charge. I guess it also depends on how much slower the charger is compared to the Heavy and the Mini.

Oh well, I'll find out in a few hours.

Derek at GameXplain did a weapon tour with the Hydra Splatling, and he was in awe at the range, so that's not an issue.

New Slosher coming tonight

tumblr_nyc0gmYJZ51u3akyno5_540.jpg

Things we’re thankful for: 
The musical stylings of Callie & Marie
All the fresh new gear in the shops
Meatball Subs (Not related to Splatoon, we just eat a lot of meatball subs here in the Squid Research Lab)
The fact that the Slosher Deco will be available tonight at 6 PM PT!

Information for the Splatoon Tournament:

tumblr_nyn9qj65Bo1u3akyno1_1280.png

Are you guys getting pumped up for the Splatournament?! The Squid Research Lab will be your source for info. You can tune into twitch.tv/Nintendo on Wednesday at 11 AM PT to watch the tournament go down.

We’ll have info on the teams for you tomorrow so you guys can pick who to cheer for!

Also, there's a US Splatfest this weekend: Burgers VS Pizza

tumblr_nyn63ihJcO1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Welcome back from Turkey Day break, Squids! As you might have noticed, a new Splatfest was announced while we were slacking off over the break. This one’s a real doozy and we’re predicting that friendships will end over this one: Burgers vs. Pizza!

Head to the Inkopolis plaza to vote, and then head to your nearest restaurant for a snack - this Splatfest is gonna make you hungry! 

All the losers bracket matches up to grand finals are Turf War and Grand Finals is Rainmaker? Hahaha, I guarantee most of the competitive community is moaning in disgust right now.

Mahi Mahi Resort gets added to the Rotation tomorrow:

tumblr_nyqzarwdNC1u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_nyqzarwdNC1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_nyqzarwdNC1u3akyno3_400.jpgtumblr_nyqzarwdNC1u3akyno4_400.jpgtumblr_nyqzarwdNC1u3akyno5_400.jpg

On Thursday, 12/3, at 6:00 PM PT, the new stage, Mahi-Mahi Resort is being added. Here, the turf wars unfold on floating pads in a resort hotel pool. Ninety seconds after the start of each match, the water level decreases, revealing new platforms to stand on. What’s more, these platforms will appear in both Ranked and Regular battles. Also, I’ve gotta say, I found it weird that Inklings would have a pool at their resort when they can’t swim… Maybe the jellyfish use it?

The level was showcased during the Splatournament today:

Here are the Results of the US Splatfest: Burgers VS Pizza!

• Popularity: Burgers 37% VS Pizza 63%
  • Wins: Burgers 56% VS Pizza 44%
  • Final Results: Burgers 373 VS 327
  • Team Burgers WIN

Callie: Burgers win! In your face, Marie!

Marie: Aw, crud...

Callie: I knew we could do it, burger lovers!

Marie: You guys should celebrate with a pizza party!

tumblr_nz045mpSxR1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

♫You better spray ink, 
You better really try.
If your team loses,
You might cry:

Splatfest is coming to town!

We’re making a list,
We’re checking it twice.
Visit the plaza and vote
Who’s naughty or nice.

Splatfest is coming to town!♫

Pull out your parkas and get ready for the hottest Winter Splatfest! Beginning tomorrow, head to the Inkopolis Plaza and let us know which list you’re on: Naughty or Nice! 
Also, please tell all your friends to pick up their Super Sea Snails from the Burger vs Pizza Splatfest today! You need to pick them up before voting starts for the Naughty vs Nice Splatfest! 

tumblr_nz7f95Eb3Q1u3akyno1_540.jpg

More good Splatoon news today? You betcha! The Zink Mini Splatling goes on sale tonight at 6 PM PT. 

tumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno5_400.jpgtumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno6_400.jpg

This is Pirahna Pit.

tumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno2_540.jpgtumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno3_400.jpgtumblr_nzh9yten1F1u3akyno4_400.jpg

This is Ancho-V Games.

We’ve received these images of Piranha Pit and Ancho-V Games. We’re not quite sure when they’ll be ready for you squidkids, but we do know that there will be server maintenance tomorrow from 4:50 PM - 6:00 PM PT.

Here are the Results of the Naughty VS Nice US Splatfest:

• Popularity: Naughty 41% VS Nice 59%
  • Wins: Naughty 59% VS Nice 41%
  • Final Results: Naughty 395 VS Nice 305
  • Team Naughty Wins

Callie: NAUGHTY WINS! IN YOUR FACE, MARIE!

Marie: Congrats, Callie! You earned it...

Callie: HAHAHA! Whatev- Wait, what?

Marie: Merry Squidmas from Team Nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tumblr_o0yh16oipk1u3akyno1_540.jpg

The Custom Hydra Splatling makes its entrance tomorrow (1/15) at 6:00 pm PT. Put out fires for your allies from a safe distance with this water-hose like main weapon and the Sprinkler sub it comes with. If the action gets too hot, pop your Bubbler and get outta there!

Unfortunately, Nintendo has confirmed this will be the last DLC weapon. :(

However, there is official artwork of Inklings and all the weapons:

tumblr_o0yh5lxnbq1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_o0yh5lxnbq1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_o0yh5lxnbq1u3akyno4_1280.jpgtumblr_o0yh5lxnbq1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

We should also mention that this is the last of the new weapons to be added. This makes 74 weapons in total! I’m sure you’ve got a few you’ve never tried, right? Sometimes, switching weapons can open up whole new strategies, so take a chance and try something new!

tumblr_inline_o0yh3vWbv21t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Please note that 3 weapons–Hero Shot Replica, Hero Charger Replica, and Hero Roller Replica—can only be obtained by completing amiibo Challenges and are not available from normal gameplay. In case you weren’t aware: while they look funky fresh, these 3 weapons share the same statistics as their Splat series versions.

Well, I cant wait to buy this game. Paintballing is cool and Ive seen playthroughs on this on youtube and the events sound nice to, especially the past one of burgers vs pizza which was funny. Now it is past vs the future haha. 

Anyway once it goes on sale, I will buy it.

I still wish the Hero Shot Replica was a Splattershot Jr. clone. The 'standard' Splattershot is shit compared to the Jr.

Well, looks like the content updates are over. I'm expecting a re-release or a sequel on the NX, though, I'd be very surprised if Nintendo didn't want such a game as a launch title.

They only ever specifically stated that weapon updates are over. I don't understand where everyone gets "all content updates" from.

Ah, they're still gonna release one more stage, and maybe something else before the end of January, but I'm pretty sure content updates are pretty much done by the end of this month.

Maybe? I dunno. Maybe cosmetics at most, really, anything more than you risk splitting the playerbase. And paid DLC maps are also pretty much not happening for the same reason, but also because the way the map selection works in this game makes paid map packs outright unworkable. (One reason why I like the map rotation system, though I wish it was 3 maps every 1 or 2 hours rather than 2 maps every 4 hours.)

I'm thinking that Octolings will likely be involved somehow. Single player content perhaps? Who knows. I doubt stages will come but weapons, gear and single player stuff is all up in the air.

I think I'm fine with this being the end of content updates. The game's expanded a lot since its release, I feel like I've clearly got my money's worth at this point.

I just hope the game doesn't end up being a one-shot. I want to see a sequel somewhere down the line, maybe a single player focused spinoff or something too. The characters and setting have a lot of charm, and the gameplay has some really clever mechanics, so I think it's got enough life in it to keep going for a few more games at least.

• Thumbs Up 6

Looks like Team Past won yesterday's US Splatfest:

• Popularity: 39% VS Team Future 61
  • Wins: Team Past 55% VS Team Future 45%
  • Final Results: Team Past 369 VS Team Future 331

I'm glad my team won on the first Splatfest this year :D