Awoo.

Sonic Boom GameSpot Live Stream

Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Colours DS and the Sonic Rivals series? Interesting choices for likes.

• Thumbs Up 1

- Sonic starts out as a independent loner who hardly looks to the future. Apparently he will gain character development regarding co-operation.

- There was a huge war in the past that polluted the oceans. The plant that gameplay takes place in was built to siphon pollution from the ocean.

- Lyric wants to rally together his army again.

- Tails and Amy get along well;

tumblr_n6z9efxXlb1s9pusko1_500.png

- Knuckles threatens to punch Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the 3DS version looks a lot more interesting and varied than the Wii U version.

Same here, I hope this is posted on Gamespot's website later cos I'm watching the SSB4 tourney right now lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

>We want you to slow down and smell the Roses

>except we replaced the roses with bland levels

>We still have the bumpers and other Sonic elements

>except they're now all cyan neon bland shapes

• Thumbs Up 3

For real?

Yup, paraphrasing what Frost said while showcasing the Wii U version, basically both Sonic and Eggman will have their character growths broadcasted over the games, showcasing the process to which they become their TV selves.

Apparently in Eggman's case, he takes cues from Lyric, regarding technology and grows into the formidable main villain of the Tv show.

showcasing the process to which they become their TV selves.

Oh.

Nevermind then.

That 3DS version looks nice! I'm still fairly more interested in the WiiU version but dang did you see that race section?! The paths and "True Sonic" action. I seriously can't wait to see more!

By true Sonic I just mean Boost games. >_> it was a joke... But I AM serious they do look pretty nice!

That was a painful 20 minutes of PR bullshit and trying as hard as possible to not offend the interviewer who clearly hadn't played a Sonic game in a decade.

"So are you doing stuff like classic Sonic"

"Now this is quite different from classic Sonic"

The fact that he asked the same question multiple times in different ways makes it clear the interviewer was barely interested in the game too.  Also Frost talked way too much about the background to this level and not enough about the actual gameplay really.  Somewhat concerning.

"Ah now the 3DS version looks just like classic Sonic"  *footage totally unlike classic Sonic*

"Yes well..." *tries to weasel his way out of the agreement that it looks like classic sonic without actually saying "no you're wrong it completely isn't"*

On the plus side, the animation and voicework (thank God Amy sounds so great now) was good, and what I could make out of the music for the rival race footage on 3DS sounded pretty nice!

• Thumbs Up 3

These guys are so annoying.

"Sonic hasn't been good in a while" Stephen agrees with him what the fuck was the last 6 years, nothing?

The models in both versions for the characters are fucking incredible, and I love Amy's voice.

• Thumbs Up 2

3DS version looks kinda dull, barring the Rivals section which didn't look as bad as Rivals was.

Wii U is pretty much the same. Which is fine, cause I like hitting things.

Also pacing is fine, Sonic's run speed is not slow as fuck like in the earlier build, combat looks like it flows nicely, I'm not seeing the complaints...?

• Thumbs Up 5

So why didn't we see any speed segments? the speed segments are some kind of racing stage. What we saw is the main gameplay, it's a brawler.

It looks like the brawler stages will be where you face enemies, but the speed segments are where you race the other characters.

KJTal1e.png

gJAvXEk.png

Let's hope it works the way it should.

Also pacing is fine, Sonic's run speed is not slow as fuck like in the earlier build, combat looks like it flows nicely, I'm not seeing the complaints...?

The majority opinion is that it looks like a button masher, which I don't see as a problem, for I enjoy rapidly pushing every button in brawlers. It adds thrill, ya know? Also I agree, the jogging doesn't seem so sluggish this time, it looks like Lost World speed, which i liked.

So why didn't we see any speed segments? the speed segments are some kind of racing stage. What we saw is the main gameplay, it's a brawler.

One, that's not a racing level. Nothing in the level indicates it as such.

Two, no duh the main game is a brawler. We saw this in multiple trailers and previews. What else could it possibly have been?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, the livestream for the Wii U version did its job, despite how annoying some of the commentary could get, overall it looks to be a nice and cinematic platformer and beat em' up combo with its fair share of speed here and there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Two, no duh the main game is a brawler. We saw this in multiple trailers and previews. What else could it possibly have been?

One that actually looks like it's trying to be competent?

One, that's not a racing level. Nothing in the level indicates it as such.

I take it you didn't read the title of the video then? "Racing Stage"

The underwater plant stage's level design reminds me of Sonic Adventure's levels, that gives me more faith in the game because Sonic's stages were fun as hell to play and allowed exploration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just looked up youtube footage and the "slowness" factor looks a lot less slow than the earlier AND how much people we're concerned. Maybe it's just my preference towards Sonic without Boost that makes this speed look fine, I saw that the spindash worked normally once then the other time it turned into the combo spindash? Um.. Well anyways it looks nice! (Again, to me)

I specially like that I saw some "Sonic"-y gimmicks, maybe it was a platform that kinda worked like it turned up right then flat so you could land and stuff. There was a tube thing like in lost world's - Frozen Factory / The classic S tubes but not. It looks super cool to me and I was concerned about the ground speed but it looks fine here so, toot toot warri- I mean hype train. 

?

If anybody happens to stumble upon the gameplay E3 thing I mean, Gamespot live stream thing. being uploaded onto Youtube, can you give me a shout?

Edited because I'm a dumbass.

Honestly it looks like Sonic Adventure: The Brawler. Sonic fights like Sonic the Fighters Sonic, spins up ramps, collects rings. Everyone else gets their own paths to work from ala Sonic 3. 

It's no physics perfect Genesis Sonic but in 3D Free Roamer, but it sure is looking really nice. Looks competent, but really different from what we're used to. 

• Thumbs Up 4