Awoo.

FF-Type Zero HD (PS4 & Xbox One & PC) "Vita was sent to the farplane..."

Badnik Mechanic

You guys don't know how happy I am to hear about this. 

One of the best Final Fantasy games (if not the best single-player Final Fantasy game after 2007) is being given a remaster, which doubles as a localization! The best part is, it might get new content and an extreme graphical overhaul! It's also coming out on a console that I can actually take a hold of! Well, I actually kind of have enough money for a PS4, but used. I'm kinda bummed out that it's not out on Vita, but I'm fine with it (see below for why).

Looks like everyone can finally take time to see what Final Fantasy is all about: a war between empires for control over crystals, every battle being a killing match between weapons-users, monsters and magic making this the best FF battle system yet, possibly the best story yet that depicts the horrors of war from the perspectives of individuals on the cusp of adulthood, a sprawling world with people, their needs and transportation to take you through it and of course, immaculate art direction.

Though I actually own the PSP version on my Vita's Japanese account, I am glad to say that I will get it again just so I can experience it in a new, 1080p, 30 fps or more, shader-created light. The  incredibly hard missions that are worth S-Ranking (a wet dream for multiple speedrunners, the for once, so damn relatable situations where grief is put at odds with strife and societal pressure (i.e. war), and, for my favorite part, a (what I like to call) Renewed Active Time Battle system!

Thank you, Square Enix. You have wowed the crowd... again. In a good way, of course. :D

P.S. Is it just me, or is this port using the FFXIV:ARR graphical engine? Or could it be... Luminous!?

P.P.S. I think I made a topic on this, sorry.

Type-0 on PS4 is much better than just a Vita exclusive for me anyway. I can play this game on both consoles this way.

Type-0 on PS4 is much better than just a Vita exclusive for me anyway. I can play this game on both consoles this way.

That's true. It'd probably look great, even with the whole Remote Play aspect.

Let's just hope it's confirmed, though. D8

about fucking time we got this

mindboggling we had to deal with lightning's bullshit while japan was enjoying a FF game that was actually pretty good

lol @ vita snafu.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure how much of the blame lies with Shahid, because at the end of the day, its the fuckwits at Square Enix that make the final decision about which platforms their games go on.

Let's just hope it's confirmed, though. D8

But every PS4 game that does not use any peripherals (excluding Dualshock) is by default, work with remote play. That's why remote play is primary of the great features of PS4. It's not like PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the end of the day, I think people are more happy with PS4/Xbox One instead of PSVita. Nothing against the PSVita, but the ownership is much smaller than the combined base of next-gen platforms. I don't think people will get upset at Square Enix or Sony. The whole Vita campaign I guess fell flat but I'm sure most of these people own a PS4.

I don't think people will get upset at Square Enix or Sony.

Hahahaha. They already are.

I mean, if the game was announced as PS4/Xbone or whatever I guess some people would still be mad, but eh. The problem is that they fucking stated that it was coming to the Vita and then realized it was a typo. It made people, especially Vita owners get excited for nothing, not to mention that it being a PSP port and placing second on that #JRPG shit made people expect it to be on the system.

Hahahaha. They already are.

Ahem, I said end of the day. I realize that people are upset now but I'm sure they're gonna move on.

As someone pointed out, there is a remote play feature so it's almost as if you have it on Vita... sort of....

tbh vita makes more sense than the xbone, as it'd likely have sold better there. But they went with PS4 and from there it's easier to downgrade for the 'bone than to reconvert the game for Vita.

I'd very much play my Final Fantasies on the big screen at any rate.

Ahem, I said end of the day. I realize that people are upset now but I'm sure they're gonna move on.

As someone pointed out, there is a remote play feature so it's almost as if you have it on Vita... sort of....

Well, it's not like they have a choice, do they?

The remote play feature doesn't mean anything unless you actually own a PS4 too.

I had little to no interest in the game, but I do know and see many people that are really mad about all this typo business and I can see why.

I had little to no interest in the game, but I do know and see many people that are really mad about all this typo business and I can see why.

I had a lot of interest in this game and I also do see why people are upset.

But you know.. I can actually play the game now. I wasn't really looking forward to shelling out $200 for one game. I think not being Vita exclusive is so much better than being Vita exclusive. The game is finally being localized in a gorgeous 1080p/60fps HD graphics. That's... just awesome. It's also going to be available to a wider audience. Square Enix wants more people to play it than the small userbase of Vita owners. More and more people will have next-gen systems by 2015. Actually, far more people will have a next-gen system by 2015. The Vita ownership is not going to grow until Sony does something about the system. They can roll out these campaigns but they're obviously not trying. Hell, they ditched the name "PSVita" with Playstation TV.

Now why no Vita port? As I pointed out, it would make 0 sense. Why not just port it to every system instead of being Vita exclusive? If they really wanted to, they could just localize the PSP version and make it a digital download.

Overall, PS4 and Xbox One being the platform instead of PSVita is probably for the greater good. I see no reason to get upset at Square Enix for a campaign Sony rolled out. Gorgeous next-gen graphics and a wider userbase is pretty awesome.

Eeeeh, I already have the translated game on my PSP. Not going to buy a PS4 or Xbone just for this, especially since Square left me high and dry for so long.

>Coming to west

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--

>Not on Vita

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU

While I am not the biggest Final Fantasy fan...this is a really kick in the face to Vita fans; that whole JRPG-Vita campaign was to get the game ON Vita, not just the game coming stateside :(. Then again, I can fully get why this is landing PS4; that has a growing user-base and they could really make the game shine on newer hardware...

That being said though, why not also bring the game to Vita? I really can't be THAT hard to just put a translated version of the PSP game on PSN....for crying out loud the fan base translated the game for you already! Just get them on board and have them put their hard work on to PSN as a PSP game; it would cost you literally no money at all (no need for HD visuals if you are just porting a PSP game over...), but nope...you just decide to take a crap on the fans who practically begged the game to come over here :(.

If I am ever interested in this, I will give the PSP version a shot thanks to the translated version the fans put their honest time and effort on (translating a huge RPG...that must be a huge undertaking!).... I'm sure the PS4 version of this will look nice, but I can't support Square for pulling something so horrid like this for Vita owners :(; they DIDN'T need to announce it for Vita, just say that the game is coming to PS4/X1, then at least Vita owners won't feel so bad. But....they said it was coming to Vita, then quickly changed their minds in seconds :l; seriously, that is just cruel man X(.

While I am not the biggest Final Fantasy fan...this is a really kick in the face to Vita fans; that whole JRPG-Vita campaign was to get the game ON Vita, not just the game coming stateside sad.png. Then again, I can fully get why this is landing PS4; that has a growing user-base and they could really make the game shine on newer hardware...

That being said though, why not also bring the game to Vita? I really can't be THAT hard to just put a translated version of the PSP game on PSN....for crying out loud the fan base translated the game for you already! Just get them on board and have them put their hard work on to PSN as a PSP game; it would cost you literally no money at all (no need for HD visuals if you are just porting a PSP game over...), but nope...you just decide to take a crap on the fans who practically begged the game to come over here sad.png.

If I am ever interested in this, I will give the PSP version a shot thanks to the translated version the fans put their honest time and effort on (translating a huge RPG...that must be a huge undertaking!).... I'm sure the PS4 version of this will look nice, but I can't support Square for pulling something so horrid like this for Vita owners sad.png; they DIDN'T need to announce it for Vita, just say that the game is coming to PS4/X1, then at least Vita owners won't feel so bad. But....they said it was coming to Vita, then quickly changed their minds in seconds :l; seriously, that is just cruel man X(.

They didn't "change their minds", it was a typo.

• Thumbs Up 1

They didn't "change their minds", it was a typo.

They REALLY did now? I'm sorry, spelling "PS Vita" and "PS4" are VERY easy mistakes to make.....no, it isn't easy :(.

Square did that on purpose (or at least it is implied that is the case), to get the positivity from the Vita community (as this is one of the most requested games on the platform) so that when they announced the PS4 and X1 versions, that hype will only increase....forgetting that they also excited the Vita audience as well, so they quickly shut them up (saying that FF: Typo-0 is not coming to PS Vita) to have fast damage control.

Sorry if this sounds bitter (as its great the game is even coming here at all; will look great on PS4), but the Vita community has largely been ignored by larger companies, that getting this treatment yet again is really getting annoying to them.

They REALLY did now? I'm sorry, spelling "PS Vita" and "PS4" are VERY easy mistakes to make.....no, it isn't easy sad.png.

Square did that on purpose (or at least it is implied that is the case), to get the positivity from the Vita community (as this is one of the most requested games on the platform) so that when they announced the PS4 and X1 versions, that hype will only increase....forgetting that they also excited the Vita audience as well, so they quickly shut them up (saying that FF: Typo-0 is not coming to PS Vita) to have fast damage control.

Sorry if this sounds bitter (as its great the game is even coming here at all; will look great on PS4), but the Vita community has largely been ignored by larger companies, that getting this treatment yet again is really getting annoying to them.

How does a simple typo from a Sony worker mean "Square are messing with Vita owners"?

How does a simple typo from a Sony worker mean "Square are messing with Vita owners"?

You know, I really don't know :(. Like I said, I am a bit bitter about this whole mess (and Sony's showing for the Vita really didn't help much), so I will stop talking about this.... At the very least, PS4 and X1 owners now have the chance to play a (reportedly) great FF game that originally never came to the states, so that is good at least :).

This just feels like a slap in the face for Vita owners, that's all....

They REALLY did now? I'm sorry, spelling "PS Vita" and "PS4" are VERY easy mistakes to make.....no, it isn't easy sad.png.

Tell that to first grade Marcello who constantly failed math tests because he answered things like 2+2, 5-1, 3+1, 10-6 etc with Vita.

Seriously, though, it was a dumb mistake that probably happened because the original is a PSP game and people have been begging for a Vita localized version. Nothing to really get angry about.

Because it wasn't a Sony worker? 

ViuN7bE.jpg

• 9 months later...

Oooooh boy, 7 days left till we finally have a JRPG on PS4...in the west anyway.

I know a lot of people will buy this just for Episode Duscae but I'm actually excited for this.

• 2 weeks later...