Awoo.

KrazyBean

Some new gameplay from the Japan Expo

The animations could do with some ironing out, but I do like what I'm seeing.

Looks like a PS2 game with PS3 particle effects.

Looks like the Tenkaichi games.

I must have played a different Tenkaichi 1/2/3 than you. 

Looks like the Tenkaichi games.

Exactly why I'm not too fond of how this game looks right now.

Personally, I would have liked to see the Battle of Z formula improved upon, as the team based gameplay was quite unique compared to other DBZ games. It was...abit flawed, yes, but with a little more execution it could could have been great.

Yeah I disagree. It looks like Burst Limit, and that definitely didn't look like a PS2 game.

I must have played a different Tenkaichi 1/2/3 than you. 

So it doesn't look similar at all? I'm not saying it's a replica but it does have elements of those games.

The graphics really nail the iconic DBZ style, imo.

It actually reminds me of Supersonic Warriors for some reason.

Huh. Now that you mentioned it, I kinda agree as well.

Yeah I disagree. It looks like Burst Limit, and that definitely didn't look like a PS2 game.

So it doesn't look similar at all? I'm not saying it's a replica but it does have elements of those games.

No way, Burst Limit looked nicer than this.

I don't think it looks anything like Tenkaichi either. It's not locked on a 2D plane, but the arenas are much smaller and movement is a lot slower in this than in Tenkaichi. The only similarity I can see is that it's a 3D DBZ fighting game.

I just can't get over Cell's goofy Naruto run in that first video. I wish I knew anything about Naruto so I could work that into a dumb joke.

Another video. This is the full battle of the Goku vs Vegeta vid I posted earlier. It is offscreen though.

Someone in the comments understands French and said that the 2 player offline battles will be like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games were both players share the same camera instead of split screen...I dunno about how this will work well for a DBZ game considering that flight is a factor.

There are 21 slots per page in the Character Selection screen, and you use L1 and R1 to change pages...it looks like there will be about 6/7 pages so there will be about 140 characters.

I just can't get over Cell's goofy Naruto run in that first video. I wish I knew anything about Naruto so I could work that into a dumb joke.

it looked so dumb I couldn't

believe it

tumblr_inline_mwv448CaiE1rkfeas.jpg

Another video. This is the full battle of the Goku vs Vegeta vid I posted earlier. It is offscreen though.

Someone in the comments understands French and said that the 2 player offline battles will be like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games were both players share the same camera instead of split screen...I dunno about how this will work well for a DBZ game considering that flight is a factor.

There are 21 slots per page in the Character Selection screen, and you use L1 and R1 to change pages...it looks like there will be about 6/7 pages so there will be about 140 characters.

Ugh the color saturation in this game seriously hurts my eyes. I don't understand why all the colors are so obnoxiously saturated. 

I really miss the visuals of Raging Blast 1 - easily the most visually appealing DBZ game thus far. The colors and shading are perfect and really capture the look of the show. It's a shame that every game since has killed the cel-shading and went for a traditional look with the lighting. It makes everything look out of place and just... bad. 

Raging Blast 1:

dragon-ball-raging-blast_20.jpg

7694.jpg

200910718267_1.jpg

There's still a ton of room for improvement - textures could use some work and the animations could be a lot better, but it was a really good starting point and is still relatively pleasing to look at. 

Compare to the color explosion this game provides - 

8DN22vN.jpg

10348939_829613643716411_635201322936719

465u9Yb.jpg

Ugh. The graphics suck, yeah, but the real killer here is the art style. It's just so fucking ugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't see what the problem is there, graphics still look pretty despite what you think of the artstyle and in terms of which one I like more its a bit of a toss up since both of them look pretty good (though I prefer raging blast 2's graphics compared to the firsts).

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah I just realized something when watching the vids. The yellow gauge under your health is your Ki Gauge and the green gauge is your Teleportation Gauge. It's not like Budokai 3 onwards were Teleporting costs Ki. It's like the Substitution Gauge in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 onwards. 

I may be wrong about this but I'm very confident this is the case.

• 8 months later...

So, uh, excusing the many pages lost thanks to SSMB Existence Failure, how good is this game and its character customisation? That feature's my main hook towards the game right now, and I'm thinking about getting it for my birthday soon, so I'd like to know.

I have it on PC, and find it very enjoyable. Here's the thing though, it's more of a RPG than a fighting game. Yeah, that sounds weird but the main meat of the game is things called Parallel Quests, where you team up with the CPU or other online players to take down enemies and then a boss, with the rewards being things like new moves, sometimes a Dragonball, and equipment. Your character has stats, and they level up.

I love it, even if it has a few shortcomings (coughonlinebeingbrokenalittlecough) and the RNG for drops after quests being a little funny, but then again I love to grind for things.

I made a Frieza clan character because I adore speed and hell yeah does it deliver. Apparently they are a 'dying clan' according to Frieza.

Have the game for both Steam and PS3. PS3 has its FPS drops still with multiple characters on-screen but it's no big deal, just seems those kinds of scenarios were made for the best machines and then downgraded but not by enough.

If you enjoy DB games then you'd probably enjoy this one. The character roster is huge (there's even Ginyu-Goku) and customisable options are okay (it could've been better if there were more costume options other than previous character wear, but even then I think I saw someone wearing a costume from the Dr Slump manga).

Lots of fans seemed to had taken male voice pack 8 too because, uhh...well, it's Takahata101 doing his Nappa impression complete with 'SPACE AUSTRALIA'.

Overall I really enjoy it and many others seem to as well. In typical Japanese fashion the mouth sync is off on cutscenes and is certainly a little amusing.

I should add in that the PC version runs incredibly well. I'm using a laptop, and yet I'm getting 60 at 1080p. This might be one of those DMC4 PC version kind of deals.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love it, even if it has a few shortcomings (coughonlinebeingbrokenalittlecough) and the RNG for drops after quests being a little funny, but then again I love to grind for things.

I made a Frieza clan character because I adore speed and hell yeah does it deliver. Apparently they are a 'dying clan' according to Frieza.

Have the game for both Steam and PS3. PS3 has its FPS drops still with multiple characters on-screen but it's no big deal, just seems those kinds of scenarios were made for the best machines and then downgraded but not by enough.

If you enjoy DB games then you'd probably enjoy this one. The character roster is huge (there's even Ginyu-Goku) and customisable options are okay (it could've been better if there were more costume options other than previous character wear, but even then I think I saw someone wearing a costume from the Dr Slump manga).

Lots of fans seemed to had taken male voice pack 8 too because, uhh...well, it's Takahata101 doing his Nappa impression complete with 'SPACE AUSTRALIA'.

Overall I really enjoy it and many others seem to as well. In typical Japanese fashion the mouth sync is off on cutscenes and is certainly a little amusing.

I heard that was fixed in the recent patch along with the subtitle engrish errors.

Plus with Voice #8, if you throw a destructro disc he says "PIZZA TIME!" as the attack name. I love that they added DBZA voices to this game.

I heard that was fixed in the recent patch along with the subtitle engrish errors.

Plus with Voice #8, if you throw a destructro disc he says "PIZZA TIME!" as the attack name. I love that they added DBZA voices to this game.

Well if that's the case, they're not fixed on the PC version or PS3 version as Raditz still words the name 'Kakarot' but isn't actually saying anything. It's rather funny.

It makes me the happiest knowing that they acknowledge DBZA up there to have that voice in the game and let him do it.

Mel is making new alternate costumes for Xenoverse:

It fits considering Time Breaker Bardock should have been in the whole storyline, Mira did bring him back in DBO and Heroes. wish he was an extra story mode.