Awoo.

KrazyBean

Was the 2nd DLC details posted yet? Because they are:

• Mira, Towa, Eis Shenron and Nuova Shenron as playable characters

• 3 Time Patrol Quests

• 3 Parallel Quests

• Pan GT as a Master and her 5 Master quests

• 6 full costumes from Pan, Gogeta, Super 17, Mira and Towa.

• 24 signature moves from Pan, Mira, Towa, Eis Shenron and Nuova Shenron

• 6 new Z-Souls:

•• Eis Shenron's Z soul - I'm doing fine.

•• Nuova Shenron's Z soul - That's how I fight!

•• Pan's Z soul (Master) 1 - This is my best move!

•• Pan's Z soul (Master) 2 - Dumped agaaaain!

•• Mira's Z soul - I feel it... A powerful energy!

•• Towa's Z soul - Revival of the Demon Realm is at hand

http://dbx.bngames.net/special/

Release date not announced other then April 8th in Japan.

Oh mel you crack me up! XD

(Cel shading works well with this game, wonder why they didn't do it?)

Guys, the game's server will be down for a little while today in America and tomorrow in Europe.  Why? They are increasing the level cap to Level 85 and fixing some issues (potentially parallel quest stuff, hope it helps the RNG stuff).

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/dragon-ball-xenoverse-will-be-down-for-six-hour-maintenance-next-week/

• 3 months later...

So, I got this game today on PS4. As a person who hasn't really watched DBZ apart from some of the episodes from the Sayian/Return of the Sayian saga, and the Ginyu Force saga, but so far, I've been really enjoying the game so far, and I'm enjoying the combat system more than some of the other DBZ games I've played before. On top of that, the co-op system and everything in general works fine.

But there is one mission that can fuck off. Apparently it's well known for being a difficulty spike, and that's Spaceship Sneak Mission as Ginyu! Not only is the spaceship arena so shitty that the camera constantly fights you over and over again, Gohan and Krillin have a extremely annoying fucking habit of wandering off on their own and then getting killed by one or two enemies because apparently they can't protect themselves for shit. On top of that, you can't heal them, and you are stuck in Ginyu's body, which means you've lost any skills, equipment and such that you've added and are forced to adapt to a new set of skills altogether. It's all so fucking annoying.   

Yup, that Ginyu mission is bull shit. I had to get to around level 20 to finish it. However, if you think that's bad, you just wait 'till you get to the infamous Bardock mission...

Yup, that Ginyu mission is bull shit. I had to get to around level 20 to finish it. However, if you think that's bad, you just wait 'till you get to the infamous Bardock mission...

I managed to beat the Ginyu mission barely at Level 14. Mira though. He's shaping up to be a pain in the ass

It's probably because I played Parallel Quests a lot just to try and get everything (or maybe it's cos I'm a Human Female), but I didn't have much issue with the Ginyu mission or Mira. Helps that the latter literally stands still for like 30 seconds so you can just whale on the guy.

It's probably because I played Parallel Quests a lot just to try and get everything (or maybe it's cos I'm a Human Female), but I didn't have much issue with the Ginyu mission or Mira. Helps that the latter literally stands still for like 30 seconds so you can just whale on the guy.

Yeah, after a second try, I beat him. I just had to respond to his attacks a little better but I beat him.

Fuck collecting the Dragon Balls in this game.

The levels of bullshit required to get them is unbelievably. I must have spent at least over an hour trying to get one by grinding the second parallel event, but every fucking time I beat a time traveller, I keep getting material items. 

Do I retry to get another chance at the dragon ball? Do I need to complete the event and go up against another time patroller altogether? This is fucking annoying.

Here's what I do. I go to PQ 18, and just keep restarting the mission until a Time Patroller appears at the beginning of the level. I beat him or her, and if he/she doesn't drop a Dragon Ball, I just restart again. It's the best method I know of. 

Here's what I do. I go to PQ 18, and just keep restarting the mission until a Time Patroller appears at the beginning of the level. I beat him or her, and if he doesn't drop a Dragon Ball, I just restart again. It's the best method I know of. 

How do you know if a time patroller has entered? Are they there from the start or something?

How do you know if a time patroller has entered? Are they there from the start or something?

Yup, that's how it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

Recently purchased this game and here are my thoughts:

• Story idea is a pretty interesting take on a tale we've heard ad nauseum.
  • The character creation thing is pretty nice. Makes me think of the good ol' days where the young me imagined my own saiyan fighting alongside the Z-Warriors.
  • The gameplay is simple, but it works sorta well. A lot better than Battle of Z, that's for sure.
  • Game looks great. I love the art style and graphical style.
  • The hub world idea really bites. There really should have been one cohesive menu for selecting things instead of having to run around slowly to do shit.
  • Music is...eh. Not much that's memorable, but some cool tracks here and there.
  • The game suffers from one of the same problems as Battle of Z, and that's the huge difficulty spike. At least there's an option to grind, but I'd rather not. It doesn't help that the partner A.I. is dumb as balls. 

Overall, it's a pretty okay game, and a step in the right direction after the recent crap streak Dragon Ball games have been on. Happy to play a decent Dragon Ball game again. 

Bit of an update. I took a break from Xenoverse. Loved the game to be honest, but got up to the Android Saga where you have to protect Trunks and the difficulty spike was annoying, and at that point, I was sick of grinding.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update. I took a break from Xenoverse. Loved the game to be honest, but got up to the Android Saga where you have to protect Trunks and the difficulty spike was annoying, and at that point, I was sick of grinding.

At that point you must have some repelling technique (Be it force field or similar) Blue tornado might work as well. Also a multiple proyectile technique such as kienzan barrage that homes directly to your target. 

I remember that fight anf yeah, it tends to be annoying because it's one of the few (or even the only one) where enemies gang up on you despite being a 2v2 fight

Edited by Ice Vec

Hey  guys. I kinda have some questions about the game.

1. Im stuck at a mission where i play as Ginyu and i have to fight guldo and some other guys, and i need to defeat 20 of them, but when im close to that either Krillin or Gohan die? How am i supposed to win this?

2. Piccolo is my current trainter. Should i stay with him or switch?

3. Can you fight againts people who use different consoles?

Edited by Diamond Knight

Hey  guys. I kinda have some questions about the game.

1. Im stuck at a mission where i play as Ginyu and i have to fight guldo and some other guys, and i need to defeat 20 of them, but when im close to that either Krillin or Gohan die? How am i supposed to win this?

2. Piccolo is my current trainter. Should i stay with him or switch?

3. Can you fight againts people who use different consoles?

1. I'd level grind. I had to get to around level 20 to beat that mission.

2. I'd suggest finishing training with your current master.

3. I don't think so, no.

Well, the funny thing is that if i remember correctly, the all energy capsule regenerates eveyones health, and my mission from piccolo is to craft one.  but i cant find an all-energy shard

Well, the funny thing is that if i remember correctly, the all energy capsule regenerates eveyones health, and my mission from piccolo is to craft one.  but i cant find an all-energy shard

Unfortunately, all-energy capsules don't heal your partners in story mode.