Awoo.

AdventChild

250px-Disney-the-7d-logo-april-4-2014.jp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QctsqGiFjY

Yup, the seven dwarfs from Disney's classic Snow White is going to have their own TV spin-off while sporting whole new different looks. The series is slated to premiere July 7th on Disney XD.

Synopsis

The series takes place in the whimsical world of Jollywood, where Queen Delightful relies on the 7D – Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy and Doc – to keep the kingdom in order. Standing in their way are two laughably evil villains, Grim and Hildy Gloom, who plot to take over the kingdom by stealing the magical jewels in the 7D's mine. With seven very distinct personalities, the 7D always manage to save the day and send Grim and Hildy running back to their evil lair to try another day.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/The_7D

But what really had me intrigued and somewhat amazed is the amount of talent injected into the this series both production and VA-wise.

The executive producer is Emmy Award-winning Tom Ruegger ("Animaniacs"). Alfred Gimeno ("Tiny Toon Adventures") is the director and Sherri Stoner ("Pinky and the Brain") is the story editor. The characters are designed by Noah Z. Jones ("Fish Hooks").

Those in bold really hit my nostalgia button hard and it's really surprising to see some of the people behind Steven Spielberg's popular produced cartoons coming back together for this spin-off. Well, okay maybe Pinkie and the Brain show wasn't all that great, but still to see a reunion like this is mighty impressive...(surprised that Spielberg himself isn't in on this)

Voice Cast

Dwarfs
  • Bill Farmer as Doc
  • Maurice LaMarche as Grumpy
  • Kevin Michael Richardson as Happy
  • Stephen Stanton as Sleepy
  • Billy West as Bashful
  • Scott Menville as Sneezy
  • Dee Bradley Baker as Dopey
Allies
  • Leigh-Allyn Baker as Queen Delightful
  • Paul Rugg as Lord Starchbottom

Villains
  • Kelly Osbourne as Hildy
  • Jess Harnell as Grim

Again, the VA-cast is shaping up to be quite interesting with Futurama VA veterans, Billy West (Fry) and Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker/Calculon), Scott Menville (Teen Titans Robin), and even Spielberg toon VA veterans Paul Rugg (Freakazoid) and Jess Harnell (Wakko Warner) are in this too! Though odd to see Fashion Police's Kelly Osbourne to be on board with this but whatever.

So yeah, I'm actually kinda anticipating for this and the animation doesn't seem bad either, not all too bothered with how they look different compared to the classic movie mind you. I'm hoping that it'll be more of a hit like Gravity Falls than become a huge miss and waste all the talent behind it as Disney seems to be banking heavily on this series.  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin

• AdventChild

• Mauro Fonseca

• Milo

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they even the same dwarves? This doesn't seem to be trying to even be the old dwarves redesigned, just a new version of them. Not that that's bad, just saying, this doesn't seem "redesign" to me.

At first I was kinda skeptical, and the teaser didn't impress me much. However the production crew and voice cast have a lot of recognizable talent on board. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Considering the talent that is on board for this, I have some hopes of it turning out to be good. I have to agree with The KKM though, for a "redesign", they sure look odd and nothing like the original dwarves.