Awoo.

Suggestion for status updates

Willsy

Now I'm not really sure if this is possible, I'm not expert on making or running websites. But I had a small idea for status updates.

I thought that maybe liking status updates, a bit like the like button on posts, might be a good idea. For example, if a member made a legitimately funny joke in a status update they could see how much people enjoyed that joke. Maybe also have a 'popular' sign next to it too if it's gotten a large amount of likes. But as I said, I'm not sure if it's possible, but it thought I would bring it up. :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• Brad

• Willsy

Popular Days

If I recall correctly, the status update is just a widget extension to IP Board and significantly lacks customisation tools. The only way to do something like this is to code it all by hand.

The status update system is very unique on Invision Board (which is the forum software you use here). While posts and topics were obviously their major concern during development, status updates were pushed to be a small extra within the software. Invision Board itself operates as a standalone setup encompassing the major aspects, with the 'modules' (everything in the main index sidebar - right side) being additional and sometimes external extras using separate databases. It's for this reason that you're unlikely to ever see the like system or ignore preferences incorporated into them unless Invision Power decides that it's worth supporting on a higher degree (or a professional modder does it but that gets rather messy).

It's even pinned in this forum. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

• Thumbs Up 2