Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Prepare your wallet

kimplix

aoiu.png

Just a small haul for me, not that I've ever gone crazy on the summer sales.  The highlighted ones were gifts from family and friends for my birthday, but naturally they took full advantage of the sale.

Cloudbuilt I've heard mixed things on and I got to play a bit of it at MCM... it felt a little weird to play but was so cheap for a recent game during a flash sale I decided to nab it.

SS2 I've never cared for but bought it since Pooshoes told me we can do co-op on it these days.

Blade Kitten I remember enjoying the demo of back in University.  It's... alright.  At the time I thought it was totally cool but my tolerance for the cliché strong female character and trying-too-hard anime-esque art styles has certainly dwindled a little over the years.

PoP I'm yet to play but have heard nothing but acclaim for it.

Love and Melody's Escape just looked like neat little indie games.  Haven't played Love yet.  Melody's Escape is cool but not as fun as Audiosurf as far as "generated from your own music" rhythm games go.

Will be cool to just get to play DR3 the moment it launches, I had only added that to my wishlist to remind myself that it existed.

And Octodad has been played and finished twice (once regular, once co-op) was just as fantastic as I thought it'd be.

PSA:

Defy Gravity.

Costs 18p.

Cards are selling for 9p.

3 cards initial drop.

Sell cards and get money. 

Oh and something else.

Buy Ikaruga! 

I don't know how to show a list of games...? D:

Go to the menu on the top right screen of the Steam site and click on account details, which shows your transactions and game licenses.

• Thumbs Up 1

BYQTiu9.png

Not very much at all, but compared to how often I even open Steam in the first place, this is a metric ass ton for me. I've already beat Metal Gear Rising on here and turned out to be one of my favorite video games in the end, so this summer sale was definitely worth it already. Now I have Skyrim on PC so I can spend countless forevers on exploring mods, got Terraria so I can finally play with this group of friends that are pretty seasoned at it, extra Castle Crasher goodstuffs since I've been kinda wanting to play it again, and some buddies were awesome enough to gift me Borderlands 2 along with a skin for my favorite character to play as, <3.

Things I was tempted to get were Bioshock Infinite and Cloudbuilt, but I should probably not go totally broke lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

RrqASx3.jpg

Well, here's my haul for the sale. Mirror's Edge, Alan Wake, Brothers and Gone Home are games that I've been meaning to play for some time, especially the first two. Meanwhile the others were recommended to me after I became a fan of the BioShock games and The Walking Dead TV series. It came to about £32 in all, but half of that was The Walking Dead stuff. Everything else was stupid cheap. =]

tumblr_n7yg4yfvGi1sgbu3ro1_1280.png

Wow I got more than I thought.

I really hope you like Dark Souls. :)

Shoot me a message once you start. Having a few basic pointers will really help ease you into the series in general. Plus I'd love to hear thoughts.

I would try it but it's GFWL tied and I simply do not have enough fucks stored up to give to sign up for it.

If they remove the DRM bullshit that shouldn't have been there in the first place then I'll try it.

I would try it but it's GFWL tied and I simply do not have enough fucks stored up to give to sign up for it.

If they remove the DRM bullshit that shouldn't have been there in the first place then I'll try it.

It's also a shit port if you don't apply Durante's (very easy to install) patch to it. There's a lot going against DkS1 on PC, but it's really worth it if you push through the bullshit.

Can't say I blame you though.

Add GTA San Andreas and DLC quest to my list. I already have San Andreas on my iPad and PS2 but I can't be asked to dig out and set up my PS2 when I can just get the PC master race version for £2. As for the iOS version, the controls are really off.

Weeeell, sale is officially over for me.I wanted Rayman Origins and NiGHTS to go 75% but it seems they won´t, so I´ll wait for Halloween/Christmas sales.

I have to say, I hadn´t spent so much money in a Steam Sale ever.

My purchases: FF7, FF8, Rayman Legends and SMB. I got FF7 and SMB for a cheaper prize than the sale one, so I´m very happy.

XxQ5z6c.jpg

That's my final haul. Spent more than I intended (Standard), but all that should keep my occupied until the next sale at the very least.

Picked up a bunch of stuff I don't need, just because. My goal with this sale was actually to rack up on as many games I normally wouldn't play as possible that I felt would even slightly interest me. As such, that landed me with:

-Borderlands 2: GOTY

-Ass Creed: Unoptimized Uplay Flag 4

-Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron

-Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance

-A bunch of indies
   ~Gone Home
   ~Guacamelee Gold Edition
   ~Eryi's dumb quest for a melon Action
   ~Rogue Legacy
   ~Vangers
   ~Castle Crashers
   ~Brothers
   ~Marlow Briggs
   ~Ultratron
   ~Zero Gear
   ~Adventures of Shuggy

~DLC Quest
   ~Roogoo (TOTAL waste of money on my part, but it was 25 cents, so why not)
   ~Fez
   ~Slender: The Arrival
   ~Magicka

I got... um... Borderlands 2.

Though I already put 40 hours into it, so there's that.

I obtained all Assassin'sP Creed games up to Libeations HD. Getting into a new series.

This was the first Steam Summer Sale I really took part in, since I ordered a pretty high-end gaming PC and it should be here on Wednesday.  Here's what I gots:

-Bastion

-BattleBlock Theater (have it on XBLA but you can add your own custom heads into this version so I wanted that)

-Castle Crashers (also have it on XBLA but it came with BBT)

-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

-Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (my favorite game and I plan on doing videos of it)

-Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon

-Goat Simulator (oh hey apparently the Mac version just came out, so I can try it right now)

-Metal Slug 3

-Mirror's Edge

-Nidhogg (got to try this on my Mac, very fun stuff)

-Painkiller: Black Edition (tried the demo a while back and it's great fun, plus Yahtzee raves about it and I usually trust his words)

-The Stanley Parable

-Terraria

Out of the bunch I think I'm most looking forward to playing Painkiller, I've wanted it for a long time but never had a gaming PC.  But overall this was a cool sale and I'm excited to finally get in on the PC gaming scene.