Awoo.

Sonic Boom Future Ideas

SlickEvan

EDIT: In future Sonic Boom media what would you like to see be added, changed, or even removed? How would you like to see new Boom Games be shaped?

Well I was debating on whether or not I'd make this topic but I've racked up the courage to do so. 

So before we start this isn't for the "They should just change the whole and add this and this" or "They just shouldn't make one at all." I'm not saying I want a happy, cheering, no disagreement, all fun times, topic. I'm just saying can we not have those types of post.

Here's what I was thinking: If they were to/do make a Sonic Boom 2 what would you like them to change? Add or Take away? How would you want the game to be set up and what would you want to see for a story or even what characters would you want to come back. 

When describing what you'd like to see, please be as descriptive as possible! I enjoy reading all your ideas.

For me I'd like to see them completely take out the Speed/Obstacle Course Stages and rather add them into the main Adventure stages. I know this is also for connecting hubs and such but to me it'd be really fun if venturing into a place would take place through an Adventure stage anyways. Kind of like the Aero Chase segments in Unleashed but fully controllable and it would amp up his speed some. 

I would make most if not all of the small enemies take only 3 hits, note: Only the Small / First ones. Better moves would take them down faster but for speedy combats sake. Stronger moves would deal more damage (which this is probably already in Boom, who knows)

Normal Gameplay wise I'd speed up Knuckles a bit yet still have him deal the strong blows. (If SA2 is anything to show he got faster with his 1- 2- jabs, but they were still kinda slow if you weren't moving very fast) I'd speed up the ground movement allowing for quicker more flowing platforming but keep it near Adventure 1 inbetween Knuckles and Sonic's speeds (Knuckles was quiet fast in that game.) Sonic's homing attack could be spammed but would deal less and less damage each hit. So say -1hp then -0.8hp then -0.5hp and then after say 5 hit's he'd move towards the floor and slide like he's catching himself. 

I don't know exactly how the platforming is yet but I'd make it a little more like normal Sonic from say, 06. Now hear me out, Sonic 2006 had some decent level setups but were tarnished by crutching to combat sections with just one move BUT with actual combat like Boom's case it could be more fun if the combat was transformed and enemies didn't take forever to go down. I'd have the spin jump come back but it'd be very unreliable but wait- "WHY HAVE IT THEN?!" Disgruntled man I assure you it'd have a case and cause but I don't know what it'd be yet. I'd have it more or less for the animation factor if in can deal damage that's cool but more or less just animation wise. It looks cooler when platforming- oh yeah that's what were talking about, sorry. 

Anyways, to re-invent Sonic platforming while keeping key notes is hard. No one has a clear concise way to describe it, it can be so many things because of how well it works across so many of the games. So By re-inventing it I'd just make it flow, gaining speed wouldn't be key but flowing through the levels would give you a sense of speed type of way (of course with the higher ground speed I mentioned earlier and quicker combat moves like I discussed about Knuckles.) 

Hubs would stay but we haven't seen much on these to give any changes or throw away at all, yet.

Aesthetics, I'd get them out of this lost world. They are adventurers right? So maybe that could even be the plot point, them getting out of this lost world. Crossing many different types of places when leaving this place. Places they hadn't seen yet because they were all settling and stuff. So like a Beach level somewhere near the beginning that would like a mix between Emerald Coast and Adabat.

500px-Mystic_ruins_by_chibi_soda-d2yls5d

And they'd have to pass an ocean type underwater/above water boats and other things to get to the other side would be the next stage maybe even seeing a place like Metal Harbor in the process. So yeah mostly just brighter, unless the mood calls for it and overall more color contrast. Just exploring more than this lost world they were in.

One last thing would be that I would want an all 3D adventure ; - ;

In your Opinion!                            

This section, if you wanna include it and such, is just stuff that you would absolutely consider a shoe-in but that might be a little "just you"

I'd like to see upgrades such as the shovel claw return, I really like seeing it actually on my character and it'd make Knuckles burrow longer or even dig through steel and maybe kind of like 3D drill? If they were able to program it (As long as they didn't have dig effects, like mud being thrown backwards, I think it would work pretty good. Have made of some material that not even Knuckles can get through or something to make sure no out a bounds and have a timer) Light dash shoes and more. 

In closing: Remember this is a what if, from the footage we've seen so far. It's still possible to consider what you would want in the sequel, even if it is just from an I think Boom doesn't have this so add this type of way. I'll enjoy reading your thoughts!

Honestly... this is not the time for the topic, we have only seen bits of pieces of something that we can't fully judge until we see the entire picture when it is released. A month or two after the game comes out and plenty of us have played it through, then we can think about what can be done to improve it, but right now we know too little.

A Adventurer/Brawler can only be judges as a whole, or else you don't know the context, and whether a level is just one bump in the game or a representative of it as a whole. Lets say you took the hardest scooter level from Jak & Daxter, and then the easiest platforming level, would that be a good look? or take a late level lava bowser boss from Super Mario 64 and Rainbow cruise?

Then on a final note, all we have seen(and some have played) is an alpha build that is at least a month old, being run on dev or at least kiosk kits. Until the game goes through its final polishing and release compression, we can't judge it properly

• Thumbs Up 1

In closing: Remember this is a what if, from the footage we've seen so far. It's still possible to consider what you would want in the sequel, even if it is just from an I think Boom doesn't have this so add this type of way. I'll enjoy reading your thoughts!

I know that. That's why I was hesitant, but if people can say it's utter crap already it's bad as a whole already, I believe we can discuss what we might want to see as a whole for a number 2. 

I know there is A LOT more to see and what we saw was alpha. I know we can't judge the whole game at this point but this is supposed to be a little fun topic, like ooh, from what I've seen I'd like this or that or this. Not judging the first one. This is in no way to judge Boom as of now, but rather from what we've seen, to mold what you might like to see for a second one.

Edited by Light the Hedgehog

Are you honestly asking us what we'd like to see in the sequel for a game that's still months away from even being released?.....

Wouldn't it be best to...I dunno...actually play the first game first?

• Thumbs Up 1

*See's title*

I know EXACTLY what the sequel needs!

o761dt.jpg

But I agree that it might be a bit too early to discuss this, maybe it would be best to wait until the game comes out in November.

*sigh* I guess I'm not good at explaining good enough. From the current footage seen and what we know of the game what would you like to see in it. 

I know it's 5 months away from release and maybe it was a bad idea to make this topic so early but don't you have some imagination to think, "hey this is what I want if there was a second one." You can think of what you'd like to see without everything. Just like people can imagine how bad it'll be, why can't we imagine what we could see in our minds eye for a second. 

I like Boom so far but from what I've seen I'm concluding my thoughts of what I could see going into a sequel. 

I may sound rude here but- It's just imagination. Just wanted to see some creative, imaginative, posts.

I think it woulds be wise to include atleast 50% more bat boobies.

Put it on an actual next gen consoles ps4 or xbox one and actually take advantage of them I would prefer if it werent on WiiU at all since it would just be holding them back.

Also more fast paced,actiony and cinematic fight scenes. metal gear rising looks much more like the speed sonic would be fightinh than this which looks like it could be replaced with any random character. sonic really should be sending out more than 3 puches per second

I dont want a bunch of enemies that take 3 hit I want something I can actually do a combo on and isnt just there to slow me down for 10second.

The only problem is we don't have enough info of the first to make judgement in what could be improved on and done in the second. I suppose keep the strong sense of narrative and character interactions would be a great idea, but that's all I can really say at the moment from what we've seen.

I suppose faster paced gameplay might be another thing too.

Rest in peace, topic idea. If it's that serious to you, we can just leave this topic be until it comes out in five months-

Actually, I think it might be a good idea if you rename it to something like "Future Sonic Boom ideas ", but don't restrict it to the game. Maybe have it so we can put other ideas for the Boom universe in here.

You idea is a good one though, just modify it a bit. :)

Anyway, in the future I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a special for the TV show, like 45 minutes long or so.

As for games, I'm rather surprised that there's no mobile game coming out to tie in with the release of the show. I wouldn't mind a Boom version of Sonic Dash or something along those lines.

Still any future ideas are a moot point since we dont know thae whole premise of the show or games

Stop worrying about little details.

The point is this is a topic for what you want to see or want changed in sonic boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Try to establish the ground rule of not just saying "Don't" might as well just be banning me from the topic.  Luckily, you can't control me!  

This game is facing an uphill battle, aside from it's brand recognition (of sorts), they're releasing what so far looks to be a pretty terrible at worst and thoroughly unforgettable at best example of a game into a genre that's already overcrowded.  I'm pretty sure it'll do OK in terms of sales because the Wii U is perpetually wanting for more titles, but that's quite the tenuous claim to fame.  

Honestly though, they seem to have planned this game to be a one shot deal for the moment.  They want the games and show to be cannon to one another which makes it tricky to get the schedule of a game and animated show to line up in such a way once they're both in production.  And of course, the games will last only as long as the show.  

But I can throw out some random specifics:  Amy's mouth is a weird shape.  It seems to be set into a giant dimple in the middle of her muzzle area.  I only noticed this in game cut scenes so it might be specific to the game, but then again I wanna say we've only seen like 2 seconds of her in the show so far.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Try to establish the ground rule of not just saying "Don't" might as well just be banning me from the topic.  Luckily, you can't control me!  

This game is facing an uphill battle, aside from it's brand recognition (of sorts), they're releasing what so far looks to be a pretty terrible at worst and thoroughly unforgettable at best example of a game into a genre that's already overcrowded.  I'm pretty sure it'll do OK in terms of sales because the Wii U is perpetually wanting for more titles, but that's quite the tenuous claim to fame.  

Honestly though, they seem to have planned this game to be a one shot deal for the moment.  They want the games and show to be cannon to one another which makes it tricky to get the schedule of a game and animated show to line up in such a way once they're both in production.  And of course, the games will last only as long as the show.  

But I can throw out some random specifics:  Amy's mouth is a weird shape.  It seems to be set into a giant dimple in the middle of her muzzle area.  I only noticed this in game cut scenes so it might be specific to the game, but then again I wanna say we've only seen like 2 seconds of her in the show so far.  

Yeah an uphill battle indeed. I do feel that in the game Amy's mouth is kind of off but I guess I'll have to wait to see more of it. and-

-I guess.. that.. fits in with the topic objective?-

So here it is again: In future Sonic Boom media what would you like to see be added, removed, or changed? How would like new Boom Games to be shaped?

That's better and more clear I guess. 

Well I was debating on whether or not I'd make this topic but I've racked up the courage to do so.

So before we start this isn't for the "They should just change the whole and add this and this" or "They just shouldn't make one at all." I'm not saying I want a happy, cheering, no disagreement, all fun times, topic. I'm just saying can we not have those types of post.

Here's what I was thinking: If they were to/do make a Sonic Boom 2 what would you like them to change? Add or Take away? How would you want the game to be set up and what would you want to see for a story or even what characters would you want to come back.

When describing what you'd like to see, please be as descriptive as possible! I enjoy reading all your ideas.

For me I'd like to see them completely take out the Speed/Obstacle Course Stages and rather add them into the main Adventure stages. I know this is also for connecting hubs and such but to me it'd be really fun if venturing into a place would take place through an Adventure stage anyways. Kind of like the Aero Chase segments in Unleashed but fully controllable and it would amp up his speed some.

I would make most if not all of the small enemies take only 3 hits, note: Only the Small / First ones. Better moves would take them down faster but for speedy combats sake. Stronger moves would deal more damage (which this is probably already in Boom, who knows)

Normal Gameplay wise I'd speed up Knuckles a bit yet still have him deal the strong blows. (If SA2 is anything to show he got faster with his 1- 2- jabs, but they were still kinda slow if you weren't moving very fast) I'd speed up the ground movement allowing for quicker more flowing platforming but keep it near Adventure 1 inbetween Knuckles and Sonic's speeds (Knuckles was quiet fast in that game.) Sonic's homing attack could be spammed but would deal less and less damage each hit. So say -1hp then -0.8hp then -0.5hp and then after say 5 hit's he'd move towards the floor and slide like he's catching himself.

I don't know exactly how the platforming is yet but I'd make it a little more like normal Sonic from say, 06. Now hear me out, Sonic 2006 had some decent level setups but were tarnished by crutching to combat sections with just one move BUT with actual combat like Boom's case it could be more fun if the combat was transformed and enemies didn't take forever to go down. I'd have the spin jump come back but it'd be very unreliable but wait- "WHY HAVE IT THEN?!" Disgruntled man I assure you it'd have a case and cause but I don't know what it'd be yet. I'd have it more or less for the animation factor if in can deal damage that's cool but more or less just animation wise. It looks cooler when platforming- oh yeah that's what were talking about, sorry.

Anyways, to re-invent Sonic platforming while keeping key notes is hard. No one has a clear concise way to describe it, it can be so many things because of how well it works across so many of the games. So By re-inventing it I'd just make it flow, gaining speed wouldn't be key but flowing through the levels would give you a sense of speed type of way (of course with the higher ground speed I mentioned earlier and quicker combat moves like I discussed about Knuckles.)

Hubs would stay but we haven't seen much on these to give any changes or throw away at all, yet.

Aesthetics, I'd get them out of this lost world. They are adventurers right? So maybe that could even be the plot point, them getting out of this lost world. Crossing many different types of places when leaving this place. Places they hadn't seen yet because they were all settling and stuff. So like a Beach level somewhere near the beginning that would like a mix between Emerald Coast and Adabat.

500px-Mystic_ruins_by_chibi_soda-d2yls5d

And they'd have to pass an ocean type underwater/above water boats and other things to get to the other side would be the next stage maybe even seeing a place like Metal Harbor in the process. So yeah mostly just brighter, unless the mood calls for it and overall more color contrast. Just exploring more than this lost world they were in.

One last thing would be that I would want an all 3D adventure ; - ;

In your Opinion!

This section, if you wanna include it and such, is just stuff that you would absolutely consider a shoe-in but that might be a little "just you"

I'd like to see upgrades such as the shovel claw return, I really like seeing it actually on my character and it'd make Knuckles burrow longer or even dig through steel and maybe kind of like 3D drill? If they were able to program it (As long as they didn't have dig effects, like mud being thrown backwards, I think it would work pretty good. Have made of some material that not even Knuckles can get through or something to make sure no out a bounds and have a timer) Light dash shoes and more.

There is a beach level in the 3ds version . Seaside jungle

There is a beach level in the 3ds version . Seaside jungle

I was talking story AND aesthetic wise. I get it good sir. I understand the point you make but was that truly necessary? 

Sonic Boom Riders. Nuff said.

Even better, how about Sonic Boom adventure? I'm still itching to see what Shadow and Rouge look like in this universe. I would also like to see what chaos looks like in this world should they ever decide to introduce him.

• Thumbs Up 1