Boomer

RIP Casey Kasem (April 27, 1932-June 15, 2014)

Casey_Kasem.jpg

(April 27, 1932-June 15, 2014)

Reports have just started coming in that Casey Kasem has been taken off life support (possibly by his wife) earlier this morning. His daughter had this to say “Early this Father’s Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends. Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad.
With love, Kerri, Mike and Julie.”

I personally remember him as voicing Shaggy on Scooby Doo, he was probably my favourite character on that show.

Sad day for sure. To me Shaggy was an iconic character during that time, as well as my childhood. I also remember him doing the top songs of each year on the radio. (Oldies station) My mom would always listen to it and tell me Shaggy is on the radio!

Damn, I knew he wasn't doing too well, but didn't know the extent of what was going on. I'm only really familiar with his work as Shaggy, which stuck with me for a long time, but I know he had quite a prolific career in radio as well. May he rest in peace.