Awoo.

What story could be used for Sony's Sonic the hedgehog movie?

speedhog58

To be honest, the main reason I call it an adaptation is because it's actually the plot of a fanfic I've been working on which is based on those games.

I feel like it will be very similar to Sonic X, but I can't be too sure.

A Sonic Adventure movie would be amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt the plot will involve "going to earth", they will more likely just tone down the more vibrant and video-gamey aspects of the game setting so it looks more realistic.

As for which game it will "adapt" (if it's going that rout and not just an original story), considering they plan to make this an annual series, I'd imagine they'd pick a loose combination of Sonic 1 - CD, so they could put in all the major characters, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic. Can you imagine a adaption of Sonic CD that doesn't have little planet? That's how loose an adaption I'd be expecting.

Then for the sequels they would be go for Adventures games and slowly introduce the expanded cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something happens and sonic looks dramatic

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I feel like it will be very similar to Sonic X, but I can't be too sure.

A Sonic Adventure movie would be amazing.

Ya same here

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt we'll see something based on a pre-existing game. That said though, Death Egg Saga or Sonic Adventure adaptation would be awesome.

Honestly though, I'll be happy with pretty much anything as long as it's not one of those horrible "the characters come out of the tv" plots *shudder*

I also doubt that the plot would be based on an existing game, but perhaps the writers could use one of the games as a base. Perhaps mimic the game's story's tone and writing style. In that case, I would see either Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2 working the best, since they already take place in realistic (well...somewhat realistic) settings. They also have what I find to be very good plots, and I love how the characters are portrayed in both games. 

However, I would love to see the Classic games used in the movie.....but I feel it may be hard to capture the bright "cartoony" settings of the Classic era, as well as the tone. Perhaps it could be done, but I feel they'd have to use a lot of CGI in order to make everything bright and surreal enough. May be best to stick to realistic settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I've said in the actual movie thread, I think Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be the perfect story to adapt for the big screen.

Whether you want the movie to adapt the games or not the movie should have some kind of advanced society in it ( be it ours or an anthro one ) since having eggman/robotnik conquering a world with nothing but animals without basic intelligence would only portray him as a sick madman that builds machines like the death egg for no real reason ( it would also be kinda boring to watch, we are not playing a game here after all ). You dont have to conquer a world where no one can oppose you to begin with and building a space station just to take care of one hedgehog is insane. This might have worked for the games ( i doubt though that the city levels in those games had no people in them ) but this is a movie, our hero needs something to fight for and our villain needs something to conquer. I personaly think that the sa series has the best settings for a movie adaptation since it has the things i already mentioned.

Also in the story sonic should be in focus since it is him we want to see, like already mentioned sonic shouldnt be something that happens to the society but be the story itself.

• 8 months later...

I would like a focus on shadow in this movie. It should still be focused on sonic, but shadow should be in it, as well as silver and/or blaze.

Just have it be about some lame bland human protagonist that steals all the spotlight from Sonic and friends. Also said protagonist is going to have some useless eye candy girlfriend that serves no purpose other than to get horny teenage boys to see the movie.

Don't be surprised if it ends up being like this.

But on a serious note, I'd like it if it were based on Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more worried about how they're going to go about the darker and edgier tone. I've always been of the opinion that Sonic can do dark and serious storylines with the proper execution. But if we get one of those really gritty dark movies ala TMNT, than I'm not going to be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

As long as it's on line with games like Adventure 2, I'll be fine. Just have enough light-hearted moments to keep things balanced, BELIEVE IN VAN GUYS!

I really want it to be based on Sonic Adventure, but if it's going to be an original story then the movie needs a good villain, plenty of action and humour thrown into the mix. I want something like a Marvel movie, at least tone wise, where it can be quite serious but there is also a decent amount of funny stuff and of course action. No grimdark, no dark and edgy, no Sonic 06 or ShtH BS.

• Thumbs Up 3

I also doubt that they'll take care of previous games and adapt them into the movie, seeing how little Sonic Team is looking into the far past before Unleashed (Except for Sonic Generations, which had fanservice from point A to point B.), and that they have the tendency to keep moving foward (Sounds familiar?). What we're totally unsure of is if they will make a Sonic X-esque or Adventure-esque movie, where you completly incorporate Sonic&CO to the real world, or will come up with something semi-fictional (E.g.: Shadow the Hedgehog) or completly fictional (E.g.: Sonic OAV). Personnaly, I think it would be awesome if they took on the third one, which would be an open door to adapting elements from the games while mainting originality in the story. But that would be the thoughest of all tasks, so let's be careful about what we wish for.

In the meantime, I'm here, crossing my fingers so that Marza Animation will make a little tribute to one of their best CGI production, Night of the Werehog, (the other being SPCH 2013 of course), and will sneak it in the movie. That would be the ideal cameo. And still, if it's still the same guys who did the most awesome animations in Sonic's history, it can't be a bad thing! Right...?

pontacpic.jpg

KEN.

tumblr_inline_ne68p66qJ81qgkta7.gif

• 1 month later...

Well an origins story wouldn't be so bad. That actually be pretty interesting to see how Sonic came to be. If it was done the proper way. Also maybe have the directors original spin on Sonic's past.