Awoo.

Yoshinori Ono Resigns from Capcom Vancouver

Detective Shadzter

Yoshinori Ono has left Capcom Vancouver

16 Jun, 2014

Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono has left Capcom Vancouver.

The news comes via the tweet below, with Ono adding that he will think "very carefully about what's next, after the world cup."

Ono was has been in charge of Street Fighter since around 2008. It's currently unknown if he will stay with Capcom in a different position or move on.

http://www.shopto.net/news/46424/Yoshinori-Ono-has-leaves-Capcom-Vancouver/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I've not played much Street Fighter since I was a kid, but this is shocking nonetheless. No word yet on what he's going to do from here.

Meh.

iirc Ono got a lot of shit at the company, so much so that he ended up in the hospital because of it and they said he had to come back to work as soon as he was out. Maybe that was a different guy.

Street Fighter will survive without him. Well, if Capcom survives.

EDIT: Yeah it was him, but this article sugar coats it http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/03/24/street-fighter-producer-yoshinori-ono-in-hospital/

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy shit, didn't saw this one coming. I wonder what happend to that next-gen fighting game he said he was developing.

Kamiya left, Inafune left, Mikami left, Fujiwara left, and now Ono's gone.

Who's even still there? Takumi's the only person I can think of.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't mind Takumi leaving.

His games are simple enough that he could probably make them on his own with a small team.

His games are simple enough that he could probably make them on his own with a small team.

Is he making the next Ace Attorney? If it's not him then yeah, I can't say I care much which company logo is plastered before the title screen.

He wasn't involved in 5 at all and it's well recieved. The series doesn't even need him.

Ghost Trick proved to me he's better off not staying tied to one franchise. He's better at one-shot stories.

So does this mean no more street fighter 4 additions?

I believe Shu Takumi is, in fact, working on the next Ace Attorney (The Great Ace Attorney, the Meiji period spin-off).  In non-Capcom talk, though, there's also IGA leaving Konami, and I think I remember someone who'd been a big name in Square Enix for a while leaving?  It seems like modern corporate structure is proving a bit too much for many of the old guard.  Can't say I blame them.

If Takumo leaves he'll probably join Level 5.

It all went so wrong so fast for Capcom.  

Considering what I've heard about capcom's leadership, their talent is better off elsewhere.  

So now the creator of Street Fighter has left too? O_o Dayum, I think everyone from the original Capcom team has left by now and that is sad news indeed. Though certainly not surprising.

Ono is still with Capcom. He just left Capcom Vancouver.

Ono clarified on Twitter that he has only left Capcom Vancouver, not Capcom at large.

"Only my role for Capcom Vancouver has ended," said Ono. He added, "My position within Capcom has not changed and I'm still involved in all of the projects that I'm currently working on."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/16/5814166/capcom-vancouver-yoshinori-ono-resigns

• Thumbs Up 1