Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls Topic (Current News: New PPG Show, Coming 2016)

The drunkard from space!

Both Tara Strong, EG Daily, and Catherine Cavadini are heartbroken. This is really scummy of Cartoon Network. They could have at least offered them a chance to re audition but this is just a complete stab in the freaking back to them. I don't care what VAs they get to try replace them. They are the Powerpuff Girls. No if, ands, or buts about it.

That is cold from Cartoon Network, I'm sorry.

I was one of the people who was defending the new art style of the 2014 special.  I thought it was unique and adorable... until I saw it motion.  The original didn't exactly have the best art and animation either, but it wasn't visually assaulting.  I'd rather have something that is basic but pleasing to the eye than something original and just awful.  Anyway, like Celestia, I plan on withholding judgment until I see it in motion so I don't fall for that trap again.  But as far as still designs go, they look pretty okay.  Pretty basic, but pretty okay nonetheless.

As for voice actresses, it will never be the same without Tara, EG Daily, and Catherine.  I'm withholding judgment until we see if maybe the direction they take the series necessitates the need for new actresses, though.  That being said, all three of the original VA's are extremely versatile and could probably suit whatever needs that were necessary, so even if that's the case, it's still kind of upsetting that they weren't even approached for it.

Of course, without Craig on board as well, I'm really not sure what to hope for.  I don't expect it to be like the original show at all.  Suffice it to say, my expectations are kind of low, but not rock bottom.  Will give it a chance, but I don't want to be disappointed if it turns out to be horrible.

Does Cartoon Network honestly like pissing people off?

I think they get some kind of childlike glee from ruining good shows and backstabbing some of the best VAs.

I really wish they went with the style use by the movie actually. The movie looked freaking amazing.

I think they get some kind of childlike glee from ruining good shows and backstabbing some of the best VAs.

I s2g, first they think live action shows is a good idea, then they start treating action cartoons like shit and now they're pulling a dick move on the actresses behind one of their most famous shows of all time? Cartoon Network is seriously run by a bunch of trifling ass motherfuckers. And here I was thinking things were gonna get better since Stuart Synder is gone.

Wait, so the three of them weren't even contacted by CN about voicing them? How cruel. No wonder they're so upset!

I hope the new voices for the Girls will be at least as good as the old ones, because it's going to take a long time getting used to.

It's a strange move, but i guess understandable, i guess the reason CN wanted to have younger actresses that they can market on those social medias and what not, i'm personally actually happy for them because more voice actors breaking into the industry, is well, great! They landed such huge roles,and it's gonna be a great breakthrough for them. Such a shame they have to deal with alot of vitriol being spewed online. This tumblr post that popped up on my feed basically sums it up best imo.

Recasting happens all the time in the industry. It doesn’t matter if you’re top tier talent or not. I didn’t see Cree Summer bawling on social media about not reprising her role as Penny in the new Inspector Gadget. Also, how many actors have voiced Robin in every Batman show ever? CN had no obligation to bring the original cast back, and I’m sure they thought the whole recasting thing through before making their announcement. Yeah, it sucks for the original cast, but they’re top tier talent. They’ll live through all the other roles they’ve been (or will soon be) cast in. At the end of the day everyone signed a contract and CN is free to do pretty much whatever they want with the series. It’s unfortunate, but thank goodness life will go on.

I’m happy for the new actresses. Imagine getting cast as a main character in a reboot of a popular (or maybe you’re favorite) show. You’d be pretty excited. Now imagine finding out on social media that the old cast was never asked to audition or even reprise their roles in the new show. They don’t congratulate you or anything, they just say ‘that’s nice that you got my role, but no one asked me to reprise it.’ You find that there’s very little support for the new actresses, and a shit ton of support from fans wanting the network to strip you of your role and give it back to the old actor. Wouldn’t you feel a little upset? It’s not fair at all.

'Bwaoohaa but it’s CN’s fault.’ Okay, so we should all add more fuel to this harmless fire they’ve started? Congratulate the cast and move on. Why create all this drama?

• Thumbs Up 1

That tumblr post is laughably far up its own ass.

"Oh noes, how dare fond feelings for happy memories of the past interfere with this attempt to exploit people's fond feelings for a happy memory of their past! This is impossible?"

• Thumbs Up 2

I do kind of agree with the sentiment that recastings are an everyday thing and that's its just an unfortunate thing with everyone. I definitely would have liked to see the original cast come back, especially since they really do seem to love the roles they had, but at the end of the day its not really up to us, or them, its CN's decision and blah blah blaaaah.

• 2 months later...

New logo for the Powerpuff Girls Reboot:

11987205_923035024401430_897178151688831

Please don't ruin the series, CN...

*sigh* I liked the old (modern) one better...

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. Looks very Steven Universe-y to me. Do you have a source on that image? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not even an article mentioning the reboot. :L 

Huh. Looks very Steven Universe-y to me. Do you have a source on that image? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not even an article mentioning the reboot. :L 

Powerpuff Girls' Official Facebook page. It's their current profile picture.

Oh ok, that's neat. I wasn't aware there was an official Facebook page. Then again, I don't use Facebook much, so that's probably why. 

But hey, since there's a new image with the logo out, perhaps we'll see a small preview of it? It's not stated when in 2016 it will air, so it could likely be early next year.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty stoked about this. I'd like to see how the new crew unfamiliar with the series handle the show without Craig's involvement because I thought that "Dance Pantsed" was a pretty good effort. 

Let's hope it's better than that awful 10th anniversary special. That thing barely made any sense whatsoever.