Awoo.

Prince of Persia Movie

AdventChild

A couple of new photos from the film.

Prince of De Nile

Jake Gyllenhaal plays Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Gemma Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will hit the big screen on May 28th, 2010.

Eh, Jake definitely doesn't look the part of being the prince esp. when his body is less than muscular and he looks like he doesn't have nipples with all that chest hair.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Patticus

• turbojet

• Jedidude

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely they could have actually found an actor of some sort of middle-eastern descent to play the part of the prince. Seems like they were just being incredibly lazy in casting and hired the first guy they saw.

It looks...

mmmrrr...mmmhrrr...hmmrrr...

I don't know yet...for sure...

But what I do know is, he's hairy. X<

But what I do know is, he's hairy. X<

rofl he really is lol DX

I always think that Jake is really...ugly >.>

It's not like the prince looked any less Caucasian in the games. As long as they keep the witty banter from the first and third games and lots of flashy action and gymnastics scenes I think it could at least be a halfway decent movie.

Eh, I can't see what you guys are bitching about to be honest. The hair style (no, HEAD hair you silly twat) is absolutely spot on and that's enough for me. But otherwise I think we're not doing any favours judging a book by its cover. I'd rather reserve my judgement until some footage comes out first.

I think it's the fact that he in no way looks remotely middle eastern, and that his body isn't up to the toned standards set by the games. He's not supposed to be a soft, white westerner, he's supposed to be a well toned Iranian.

Oh God no. No. I can't believe this. And I'm going to feel sorry for those people who are gonna watch this film. Should I automatically declare this as failure? Or just wait until the trailer comes?

Btw yet another video game adaption movie. What's next a Killzone 2 adaption? A LittleBigPlanet adaption? Halo? Soulcalibur? Mirror's Edge? >.<

Edited by Spicylicious

Aww, come on. Don't do this to such a great game. I wish people would just come up with something original or at least not do it just for the easy money. That's prolly asking for too much though. <_<

Edited by Jedidude

Eh, Jake definitely doesn't look the part of being the prince esp. when his body is less than muscular and he looks like he doesn't have nipples with all that chest hair.

He could always shave all that hair off. :D

Can I call this White Supremacy? Am I the only one that realizes that Persia is Iraq so therefore blue-eyes or any recessive gene would not be existant in that region? Ugh I hate Hollywood. Whats next? Make a Hannibal Barca movie starring Brad Pitt?

Am I the only one that realizes that Persia is Iraq

More Iran than Iraq, though it depends what era you're looking at, as it was absolutely huge at times - stretching from the Indus River in the east to Cyrene and Thrace in the west at its greatest extent.

Mitchell,%20Persia,%20Turkey%20in%20Asia.jpg

The red zone is its traditional heartlands.

Fuck.

This movie is going to suck.

Did anybody actually expect this movie to be at least decent???

Hell I can't remember one decent video game to movie release.

RE = failed

Mario = failed

Street Fighter = failed

Well except maybe one and that was Silent Hill which wasn't all that bad though it was rather lame compared to the games.

Btw yet another video game adaption movie. What's next a Killzone 2 adaption? A LittleBigPlanet adaption? Halo? Soulcalibur? Mirror's Edge? >.<

Don't even give EA any ideas. Well at least not for Mirror's Edge. A Dead Space one might actually be not that bad of an idea...then again many video game movies don't seem like a bad idea and then end up being about as bad as Uwe Boll movies.

There's always bad acting, the action is always laughable and then not to start on the poor script that rounds out the total package.

I'll probably end up watching the damn movie some day...probably when I'm completely bored and even then it'll only be simply for the fact to be able to laugh at how bad it turned out...Kinda like that new street fighter movie.

More Iran than Iraq, though it depends what era you're looking at, as it was absolutely huge at times - stretching from the Indus River in the east to Cyrene and Thrace in the west at its greatest extent.

Persia is generally known as Iran nowadays. Either way he should technically look more like this or this sexy devil here lol

Sorry. I got it mixed up. But you get what I was trying to say. It is ridiculous when Hollywood does historical films and screws up on a massive level when it comes to sociology and anthropology. I think the most accurate film that was ever produced in those studies that I've mentioned was 300. I mean the Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise? The Mexican starring Brad Pitt? When will this insanity end?

I am usually against videogame movies, as the people behind them never actually do such a good job unless the movie is made by the people who made the game, like the ResEvil CG movie, or Advent Children.

When will this insanity end?

When the middle east develops to the extent that its big stars are intermingling with Bollywood, China and America's stars on a regular basis.