Awoo.

"Venom"- Spiderman spinoff movie in the works

Ferno

From wiki:

Venom

In July 2007, Avi Arad revealed a Venom spin-off was in the works. The studio commissioned Jacob Aaron Estes to write a script, but rejected it the following year. In September 2008, Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (Sony's Zombieland) signed on to write.

From a news site:

Link

'Spider-Man' spin-off 'Venom' in pipeline

London, July 6 (IANS) Hollywood bosses have announced a spin-off on the villainous character Venom from the third instalment of the Spider-Man

Edited by Inferno

Hopefully this will make up for the "role" the character had in Spider Man 3

He'd better have a new actor as well, Topher Grace sucked as Eddie Brock in my opinion.

This might turn out pretty good. After all, we all know how incredibly weak Venom's role was in Spiderman 3. He only appeared in the third part of the movie, and yet everyone was anticipating he had a larger role than that. -.-

The inner child is screaming YAAAAAYYYY!

And then I think... wait a second... what is the origin going to be? Spiderman 3? If not... who is going to be spiderman, as spidy and venom share a relationship of sorts...

I really disliked Venom in Spiderman 3, I didn't mind the costume being alive the way it was... but it was just poor... just poor in so many ways...

I would love this to be a great movie, I could see it being a similar tone to Batman Begins, but who else wants to bet that it'll be rubbish... because we all want it to be awesome?

Eh, Venom himself is so popular that this was bound to happen. I adore the black beastie so I will be looking for this. While there is no way it could compare to the Dark Knight, I hope that it will at least be enough to keep me entertained.

I dont think I should be expecting too much from a spin off after all.

Ah yes, I've heard rumors about this from a few years ago.

And I'm kind of expecting it to be a shitpile.

Hopefully this will make up for the "role" the character had in Spider Man 3

He'd better have a new actor as well, Topher Grace sucked as Eddie Brock in my opinion.

Personally I'd say that's closer to fact then opinion. :lol:

Didn't they (stupidly) kill him off though? You saw his bones in the bomb flash. So either this movie will not be connected to the Spiderman movies (kinda like how that shitty Catwoman movie had nothing to do with the Batman movies) or they had better come up with a damn good explaination on how he's alive. The shitty reasons they come up with in comics on how characters survived won't fly in a movie IMO.

Anyway this is awesome. I love Venom. That's most likely the reason I didn't care for SM3. They did Venom NO justice in that flick. : /

I prefer Eddie Brock as a morally ambiguous anti-hero(The whole "Lethal Protector" thing), so I hope that's where they're going with this.

Personally I'd say that's closer to fact then opinion. :lol:

Well I wouldn't call it a fact, but he certainly wasn't very popular, that much is obvious.

I actually heard that Sam Ramini doesn't like Venom as a character but saw the marketing potential for him, and so his efforts in bringing him in weren't as strong as they were for The Green Goblin and Doc Ock, which were both outstanding transitions from to the big screen.

"What do you guys think about this? "

Can't wait :D. I like Venom and he didn't had any special role in the movie like I expected.

I find Venom to be one of the most overrated "villains" in the comic book universe and was rather thrilled how they poorly used him in Spider-man 3. He's like The Hulk with a slightly larger vocabulary. In other words, not very entertaining.

I love the concept and the character of Venom so this gets nothing less than two thumbs up from me. :)

I find Venom to be one of the most overrated "villains" in the comic book universe and was rather thrilled how they poorly used him in Spider-man 3. He's like The Hulk with a slightly larger vocabulary. In other words, not very entertaining.

Except he had a boring alter ego, Venom doesn't with Eddie Brock, Eddie was a jackass and watching everything go wrong for him and become Venom...yeah, big difference.

(I don't mean in Spider Man 3 here though)

He's like The Hulk with a slightly larger vocabulary. In other words, not very entertaining.

I don't really see how he's like the Hulk at all(unless we're talking about Ultimate Spider-Man, where he is just like the Hulk BUT SHUT UP we aren't talking about that). He's more of a sadistic Spider-Man clone with an actual personality that extends beyond "me smash". As for his vocabulary, he speaks like any ordinary human, save for the fact that his voice is typically really warped and he addresses himself as "we" rather than "I".

I think the best portrayals of Venom are the ones that make him creepy, but at the same time kind of funny. The chemistry between him and Spider-Man(in the earlier comics and 90s cartoon anyway) was great because of it.

Although, he is probably overrated. As with all comic book characters he only becomes less interesting over time.

I don't really see how he's like the Hulk at all(unless we're talking about Ultimate Spider-Man, where he is just like the Hulk BUT SHUT UP we aren't talking about that). He's more of a sadistic Spider-Man clone with an actual personality that extends beyond "me smash". As for his vocabulary, he speaks like any ordinary human, save for the fact that his voice is typically really warped and he addresses himself as "we" rather than "I".

I think the best portrayals of Venom are the ones that make him creepy, but at the same time kind of funny. The chemistry between him and Spider-Man(in the earlier comics and 90s cartoon anyway) was great because of it.

Although, he is probably overrated. As with all comic book characters he only becomes less interesting over time.

Or in Spider-Man for the playstation.

"uuuuhh...Galactus! The Mighty Thor...oooh...THE BEYONDER"

You know, it might not even be Eddie Brock in the Venom movie...tho it most likly will be.

Or in Spider-Man for the playstation.

"uuuuhh...Galactus! The Mighty Thor...oooh...THE BEYONDER"

You know, it might not even be Eddie Brock in the Venom movie...tho it most likly will be.

WHERE'D SPIDER-WUSS GO?!

I didn't even have the patience to beat that game in kid-mode- it was just freaking irritating, so I never bothered. I could never get past the sewers. I tried swinging but Spider-Man had the tendency to just fall and die.

WHERE'D SPIDER-WUSS GO?!

I didn't even have the patience to beat that game in kid-mode- it was just freaking irritating, so I never bothered. I could never get past the sewers. I tried swinging but Spider-Man had the tendency to just fall and die.

Ahh, remembering quotes like that always make me happy.

As far as this movie goes, I hope the topic revolves around symbyote outbreaks. I'd love to see some more of Carnage.

While Venom is not my favorite Spidey villain (that's either Harry Osborn or Kaine), he's worthy of his own movie and I understand why so many people like him. I was pretty disappointed that his debut on the big screen was so pathetic.

Minor villain to the Sandman? No.

I dunno how a movie like this would work without Spider-Man. Who plays bad guy to Venom? I hope they don't make this into some kinda Punisher type movie, where he's just on the loose or working for some lame super-organization. His vigilante aspect will probably be visited, and it'll be some kind of anti-hero movie. He's a lot like Spidey without the Power-Responsibility thing, he's got a much more violent personality and tends to have little mercy on his prey. I'd like to see Eddie struggle with his symbiote too, because they have a relationship and they keep each other in check. The voices in his head have to be pretty amusing.

Actually, I do remember an arc back in the '90s where Venom was abducted by some crazy scientists and his symbiote was forced to split several times into like six other symbiotes. Then the experiment went wrong or something. That might work.

I hope they treat this well. He's a fun character. But they're probably just making this movie after they saw how quickly Venom t-shirts sold out during Spider-Man 3. I see those shirts everywhere since that movie. Seriously.

Edited by Badnikz

Okay, you have to admit, a movie all about Venom, now that's gonna be BEAST! I don't know about you but I like the idea of a movie about the black suit and the wrath of Venom! Hurrah!

I'd certainly watch it. My only request be that it be in the same continuity as the already going Spiderman films. Just the consistency freak in me. =p

• 3 months later...

Well... I used to love Venom back in the day, but I seriously lost touch with everything that is Spiderman. I don't remember any origin stories, and I only know a the very basic members of Spiderman's Rogues Gallery. ( Still praying for The Shocker or the Lizard someday )

But I will very much like to see a Venom movie, especially if it's one step closer to an appearance from Carnage, or maybe a movie version of Maximum Carnage ( I just hope Green Jelly returns for that ).

I wouldn't mind seeing this. I have watched super hero movies at my theatre. Venom is a really great character. A film revolving around him is more exciting than Spiderman, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, Spiderman is good. However, I expect some superb action in "Venom".

A Venom movie? I thought they killed him off completely in the last film. Still I suppose this is the movie industry where you death doesn't stop your return.

Should be interesting to see what they do since I felt Venom wasn't given enough screen time in the last spiderman movie.

I'd love to see him act more comical this time. He's a comical villain and Spiderman 3 just didn't portray that. I'd also like him to have a normal suit not some living squiggly thing.