Awoo.

I can't be bothered to care about Sonic anymore.

Cortez

Strange...Last time I checked, everybody hated S4E1, for being a shameful mockery of what made the Classics good. So I don't know how did you came up with the conclusion that it was successful, when it wasn't.

As for Generations, yes, it was a critical success...and that's it. Generations was loved by the critics, and thus, everyone started parrotting them. "OMG DIZ IZ DA BEST SAWNIK EVA !1!!1"

Let's be serious : Generations is short, repetitive, has barely a story, and the gameplay divides into a watered-down mix of Unleashed and Colors, while Classic Sonic was yet another mockery of the Classic games.

And next to Lost World, Generations is the Sonic game that sold less in last years. Compared to the millions of copies of Unleashed and '06 (both reached Platinum Title), Gens sold pretty poorly worldwide, a bit less than 2 millions. It's a fictional success.

I'm  complaining about Boom because it was presented as something new, but it isn't. After a Mario Galaxy rip-off, now a Ratchet and Clank All 4 One poorman version.

And what's so different between Boom and post Colors games, anyway ?

More god awful writing/voice acting and the characters acting and behaving like retarded morons.

More crappy music.

More uninspired gameplay : one the Boost to win gameplay, only less controllable and on-rail. The other, Werehog x4, only slower, with 2D and more boring.

The story will be probably not too different from Colors or Lost World, judging by the trailers and footages.

Where are the only 3D, the balance between light and dark of the story and the separate stories for every characters like the Adventure games ? If it can be compared to other main games, it looks more like a watered-down blend of Heroes and Unleashed.

The only two things left in commons are the somewhat grittier ambientation (that doesn't look like Sonic, more like Ratchet and Clank and Crash, and yes, I know they're the same developers), the multiple characters and the Hub worlds. 

By Sega/Sonic Team's standards, usually, nostalgic for them are the Classic games for Genesis, while the Adventure games are considered by them as "Modern". At least that's what I understood. Whether they'll learn there's a huge demand for the Adventure trend to come back, it's up to them.

So is this going to be yet another post Colors games sucks rant from you? Your posts so far really comes off as very obnoxious and trying to belittle the games from Colors onward in the most negative way possible like the games didn't do nothing good for Sonic at all. You hate them and it angers you that people likes them and people are blindly loving games that critics loves cause obviously we are morons and can't think for ourselves anymore. God forbid that there's 3D Sonic games that came out recently that people who aren't hardcore fans found some enjoyment out of for once after over an decade of disappointing to mediocre games.

What makes Boom different from the main series in general I've already stated. New world, new designs, new characters, new ideas, character development, playable characters again that people want to play as, etc and there's a lot more about the Boom series that is yet to be revealed. Your issue with the writing, voice acting, music (which is usually the highlight of Sonic games regardless what era it came from), characters still acting like "retarded morons" is your problem and these problems exist way before Colors, etc even came to be and that's why we have what we certainly have. I don't really see them as problems more like a personal preference. 

Oh, and I said that S4E1 is successful cause of how well it sold. IIRC the fanbase has problems with it but most of the critics and people outside the fanbase thinks it's the best thing to happen to Sonic in 16 years. 

Oh, and I said that S4E1 is successful cause of how well it sold. IIRC the fanbase has problems with it but most of the critics and people outside the fanbase thinks it's the best thing to happen to Sonic in 16 years. 

Nah, that last part was what they were saying about Colors (about it being the best Sonic game in a long time). Even critical reception regarding S4E1 was pretty divided.

Strange...Last time I checked, everybody hated S4E1, for being a shameful mockery of what made the Classics good. So I don't know how did you came up with the conclusion that it was successful, when it wasn't.

As for Generations, yes, it was a critical success...and that's it. Generations was loved by the critics, and thus, everyone started parrotting them. "OMG DIZ IZ DA BEST SAWNIK EVA !1!!1"

Let's be serious : Generations is short, repetitive, has barely a story, and the gameplay divides into a watered-down mix of Unleashed and Colors, while Classic Sonic was yet another mockery of the Classic games.

And next to Lost World, Generations is the Sonic game that sold less in last years. Compared to the millions of copies of Unleashed and '06 (both reached Platinum Title), Gens sold pretty poorly worldwide, a bit less than 2 millions. It's a fictional success.

I'm  complaining about Boom because it was presented as something new, but it isn't. After a Mario Galaxy rip-off, now a Ratchet and Clank All 4 One poorman version.

And what's so different between Boom and post Colors games, anyway ?

More god awful writing/voice acting and the characters acting and behaving like retarded morons.

More crappy music.

More uninspired gameplay : one the Boost to win gameplay, only less controllable and on-rail. The other, Werehog x4, only slower, with 2D and more boring.

The story will be probably not too different from Colors or Lost World, judging by the trailers and footages.

Where are the only 3D, the balance between light and dark of the story and the separate stories for every characters like the Adventure games ? If it can be compared to other main games, it looks more like a watered-down blend of Heroes and Unleashed.

The only two things left in commons are the somewhat grittier ambientation (that doesn't look like Sonic, more like Ratchet and Clank and Crash, and yes, I know they're the same developers), the multiple characters and the Hub worlds. 

By Sega/Sonic Team's standards, usually, nostalgic for them are the Classic games for Genesis, while the Adventure games are considered by them as "Modern". At least that's what I understood. Whether they'll learn there's a huge demand for the Adventure trend to come back, it's up to them.

Pretty much this....I still love Sonic but this current direction is a big mess. Colors to present is awful no story,no character development,horrible music in Lost World, and Sonic agian keeps hogging the spotlight. I'd like to see other characters for a change who have EQUAL spotlight as Sonic. I'd like to see Sonic work together with all his firends instead of just himself....Remember Sonic,Tails,and Knuckles were a team you know? Now Knuckles is a big idiot and Tails barely does anything anymore. This direction needs to change back to the way their were before.

• Thumbs Up 4

As silly as it may sound, A sonic game being good or bad doesn't really effect my view on the franchise. I got into sonic as a kid because of AOSTH of all things, and it's really been the Archie comics & various toons over the years that have kept my love for Sonic Alive. *although I do admit I don't care much for Underground & X*

I will say I do give every Sonic Game a shot though. My Favs Are still S3&K/ Sonic&Knuckles, the Sonic Adventure Series and the Sonic Rush Games. Last one I really enjoyed was Colors, Lost World had a fun story, but I couldn't stand the gameplay. Looking forward to the boom games & toon. Hoping they turn out well!

I'm kind of sad to say that absolutely none of the Sonic Boom content looks at all interesting to me. Not the cartoon, not the Wii U game, and certainly not the 3DS game. Which sucks, because I was really getting excited about the series again after enjoying the heck out of Colors and Generations. After years and years of trying and failling with every kind of gameplay gimmick imaginable, the series finally seemed to have found its stride with the daytime levels of Unleashed, and the two following games both built on and improved that gameplay style. Watching it get abandoned in favour of once again experimenting wildly with disjointed gameplay styles across multiple characters feels like taking a step backwards, and I can't build up any kind of interest for going through that whole spiel again.

It'd be awesome if I'm proven wrong, and these new types of gameplay turn out to be wildly succesful, but if that's the case then I'll get that affirmation from public opinion after the fact. Right here and now I don't give a damn.

Incidentally, I found it really depressing that the 3DS trailer included a bit where Sonic jumps, does not roll into a ball, and then loses his rings when he lands on an enemy. That's not Sonic. That's Sonic 06.

I've noticed that since Sonic Unleashed I've cared a lot less about Sonic and his games. Not because they're bad, in fact I enjoyed Sonic Colours for what it was and I love S3&K to this day, but the boost gameplay started to become stale and I noticed all this focus on Sonic only. I know he's the main character and all but his only interactions include Tails and Dr Eggman. He hardly interacts nowadays with Amy, Knuckles and all the other characters. You know what, that's my main problem with today's Sonic and why I'm losing interest in his games;

No interaction, no focus and barely any screentime from the other characters!

Now they are also introducing simple little stories and sometimes cringe worthy "funny" dialogue and I'm sick and tired of that direction. I don't want the boost2win, I don't want solo Sonic feat. Tails and Eggman, I don't want short stories with anti climactic endings and, while SLW did step away from boosting gameplay and tried something different, it still fell flat on its face because it wasn't implemented well. Oh, and it still had all those things I mentioned before which I don't want in Sonic anymore!

I'm VERY concerned about the next SEGA Sonic game because of all these things and unless they can win me back with an epic big game on the scale of Sonic Unleashed or SA2, then I will just end up losing more and more interest in the franchise. =[

• Thumbs Up 5

I agree on the lack of solid interaction with the rest of the series cast in more recent games. One reason I'm looking forward to Boom is because, at least the Wii-Version seems it'll have Sonic interacting with his friends more then the past couple of games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still care the series. i dont talk about it alot not alot of times.