Awoo.

Shrek is dreck, and he has a VLOG now (Dreamworks TV)

Indigo Rush

http://mashable.com/2014/06/16/dreamworkstv-awesomeness-tv-shrek/

DreamWorks Animation has launched its YouTube arm, DreamWorksTV, with a slew of "vloggers" that you've come to know on the big screen (including Shrek, Puss in Boots and Kung Fu Panda) — and quite a few original newcomers, too.

As of Monday morning, DWA is officially cashing in on the No. 1 reason it bought Awesomeness TV for $33 million plus incentives last year: so it could leverage its popular animated characters online and help launch a bunch of new ones.

DreamWorksTV "combines DreamWorks Animation’s expertise as a global family entertainment brand with the digital savvy of AwesomenessTV," the company said in a statement. DWA also shared several video clips exclusively with Mashable that will appear on DreamWorksTV for its Monday launch and in the coming days, including Shrek dispensing dubious oral hygiene advice (above) and original animated series Gorillaville (below).

Besides vlog posts from its stable of time-tested 'toons, DreamWorksTV is also featuring original live-action shorts, including family-friendly reality shows Prank My Parents and Record Setter Kids; original animated web series like Jimmy Blue Shorts and Report Card.

if there was any doubt that AwesomenessTV is a huge part of this new effort, look no further than its founder, Brian Robbins, who is overseeing it for DreamWorks Animation.

“We’re tapping into the invaluable knowledge that Brian has amassed from his success with AwesomenessTV to create a unique, short-form, laugh-out-loud mobile experience for families,” DWA's CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said. “This is a huge opportunity for the DreamWorks brand.”

Additional series include kid-comedian sketch comedy show OMG; ensemble comedy Public Pool, which is actually about the goings-on at a public pool; Fifi: Cat Therapist, about a house cat who dispenses advice to neighborhood animals; best-of-web-shorts curation Watch This; andRetroToons, highlights from DreamWorks Animation's classic media library.

Look for more original series on DreamWorksTV as summer rolls on, including Richie Rich, an original scripted series based on the comic book character.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

All hope is ogre, now. No hopes, no dreams, only Shrek.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shrek is dreck

Get out of my swamp this forum, mister!

When Spindash linked this in the statuses and I saw a picture of Shrek and "TV" in the article title, I thought for a second that a Shrek cartoon was announced. That possibly could've been fun. Seriously, had no idea Dreamworks had bought a youtube channel(??) and was using it for this sort of thing. I guess I see why they did it, but it seems kind of random? Eh.

That Shrek VA sounds nothing like Mike Myers.

I noticed that, too. But I guess it's probably a little on the expensive side for them to drag Mike Myers back just for a few short clips like this one.

Shrek is dreck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbcHvgiBXw

It saddens me that Sonic was picked as Vanellope instead of Shadow. How can you ruin this perfect couple?

A-any way

...what's the deal with making a VLOG for Shrek? Aren't they a bit late for that?  I wonder if they'll acknowledge the memetic popularity of Shrek in some meta way.

• Thumbs Up 4

That thing with the gorillas is godawful... it seems like it desperately wants to be a John K cartoon, yet it doesn't seem to have any idea how funny animation works... Combine with literally no budget and pretty terrible flash usage, and yeah, it's a festering pile of chocolate pudding with corn and nuts...

Ugh...why do Dreamworks insist on shoveling there mediocre content all over the place? Maybe it's just me, but I find the majority of there movies to be painfully average in almost every way. The only exception to that I'd say would be the Shrek movies.

(For some reason, I thought I'd seen all the Shrek movies and didn't think much of them. I may have dreamed that, as now I'm sure that I've only seen the whole of the first one, bits of the second, barely any of the third and only the ending of the fourth.)

But with this, they couldn't possibly have the same writers, actors and other major talent that made the movies work, so they'll suffer greatly in comparison. But I guess if your looking for familiar characters being portrayed by different actors trying to sound like Hollywood ones, then I guess you'd like it.

Anyway I don't really use Youtube much...

I usually use it to listen to OST's that I want to sample which I don't yet own, or if I want to listen to a specific track without looking for my own copy.

Why does Shrek sound part Welsh part Scottish, bludd?

More Shrek makes me very happy. And aroused. Shrek is love I say. Shrek is life.

At first I thought Shrek's voice sounded fine for a soundalike but no after about 20 seconds he lost it.

What a load of utter heartless, low budget rubbish this is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I noticed that, too. But I guess it's probably a little on the expensive side for them to drag Mike Myers back just for a few short clips like this one.

They could at least get someone who can at least do a good imitation of him. Like what they did for Po in the Kung Fu Panda TV series

• Thumbs Up 1

This is getting stupid.

I cried at the negativity towards Shrek. As I was swallowing my tears, I felt a warmth surround me....I felt a hand on my shoulder....it was Shrek....Shrek whispered into my ear...."it's all ogre now". Shrek smashes my computer. Shrek leaves through my window.

Shrek is love.....Shrek is life...

Yeah but seriously that voice actor isn't very good. There are people on YouTube that can do better Shrek imitations than this.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm fine with Shrek. In fact the first movie is a favorite of mine.

What I don't like is dreamworks beating a dead horse and then stuffing it with shit.

I mean really? A fucking vlog channel? Fucking really? Does that seem like Something Shrek, the definition of anti-social, would do?

People watch Vlogs to participate with real people in their daily lives and be entertained at the same time. Not to watch scripted horseshit for 100% cheap laughs.

• Thumbs Up 2

What I don't like is dreamworks beating a dead horse and then stuffing it with shit.

I mean really? A fucking vlog channel? Fucking really? Does that seem like Something Shrek, the definition of anti-social, would do?

People watch Vlogs to participate with real people in their daily lives and be entertained at the same time. Not to watch scripted horseshit for 100% cheap laughs.

I was joking in my last post. Sorry, had to do it.

Yeah I do think this is pretty stupid though. Writing is awful, Shrek seems out of character, and oh god that voice sounds nothing like him. If they want to do something with Shrek again, make direct to home release short films or something with the original cast.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I take it you didn't want to hear this then. http://www.movieweb.com/news/shrek-5-will-happen-says-dreamworks-animation-ceo

I cried at the negativity towards Shrek. As I was swallowing my tears, I felt a warmth surround me....I felt a hand on my shoulder....it was Shrek....Shrek whispered into my ear...."it's all ogre now". Shrek smashes my computer. Shrek leaves through my window.

Shrek is love.....Shrek is life...

Yeah but seriously that voice actor isn't very good. There are people on YouTube that can do better Shrek imitations than this.

^

This. This. THIS.

I thought I was crazy thinking he sounded absolutely nothing like Shrek. That's a horrid impersonation.

Kinda weird they decided to do a vlog with Shrek when they said they were making a fifth Shrek movie. Guess they're still trying to figure out a way to skirt around the "THIS IS THE LAST SHREK MOVIE" PR they billed Shrek Forever After as. Only way I can see them doing it is if they decided to do a prequel to the first Shrek, which honestly I don't think I'd be too interested in seeing if it was just Shrek without the other core cast (Donkey, Puss in Boots, and Fiona)."

I dunno why they don't just give him a TV series and call it a day.