Awoo.

Alexander Brandon confirmed as (co?-)composer of Wii U version

stan423321

He only provided his voice for Skyrim. In his Kickstarter, he introduced himself as the composer of Unreal and Deus Ex, so I'd assume those are the biggest games he's done music work for.

Although I'm really unfamiliar with Alexander Brandon, but I'm willing to give him a chance. I'd like to hear what the Wii-U soundtrack is like.

I know... none of this guy's credits, haha.

So far the (presumably) new writer is doing a good job, so I'm optimistic about Mr. Brandon's work as well.

We really need some Boom music samples that aren't mingled with gameplay.

His music and the games he's worked on is good, but I fear they're in a completely different boat to what we usually get from Sonic so either way, I still think the majority are going to dislike possibly every direction Boom is taking, including music direction *sigh*.

• Thumbs Up 1

My main source of confidence would be if Sonic Team is overseeing the composition process as much as anything else. They're not the best devs, but they do know good music, so that gives me hope that they're keeping close tabs on that.

My main source of confidence would be if Sonic Team is overseeing the composition process as much as anything else. They're not the best devs, but they do know good music, so that gives me hope that they're keeping close tabs on that.

It's not Sonic Team that makes the music for Sonic games though - it's WaveMaster. Besides, Sonic Team "keeping close tabs" doesn't actually mean an awful lot. They're keeping close tabs on Boom in its entirety, but that doesn't stop it being completely different. I don't see why the case would be any different for the music.

What we've heard for RoL so far isn't bad anyway. Just bland and unremarkable.

I love Alexander Brandon and I've wanted him on a Sonic game for a very long time. It's sad it has to be this one.

He's certainly qualified to do Sonic-like music, just listen to the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhqINIzIjtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsisGqvXP8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14b5T8Ki00c

• Thumbs Up 1

Woah woah woah

He did Jazz Jack Rabbit 2? This changes everything! That was one of the defining games of my childhood. I was humming the tune for one of the stages today and thinking just how brilliant it would work in a Sonic game. What a coincidence, eh? :D

This one was always my fave. It's what was in my head this morning:

It's that bit at 1:26. Totally orgasmic.

All this said though, the music we've heard so far isn't really that gripping. I hope we do get some music that's more tradition to the series because I don't think it would be at all out of place.

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah woah woah

He did Jazz Jack Rabbit 2? This changes everything! That was one of the defining games of my childhood. I was humming the tune for one of the stages today and thinking just how brilliant it would work in a Sonic game. What a coincidence, eh? :D

This one was always my fave. It's what was in my head this morning:

http://youtu.be/HBwYVt8y8yc

It's that bit at 1:26. Totally orgasmic.

All this said though, the music we've heard so far isn't really that gripping. I hope we do get some music that's more tradition to the series because I don't think it would be at all out of place.

That reminds me a lot of Collision Chaos JP/EU from from Sonic CD actually. I consider that a great thing, CD had a wonderful soundtrack.

Ohh, I know Alexander Brandon! He composed a couple of tracks in Dust An Elysian Tail, which all sound great and very atmospheric.

Since he's a co-composer for Sonic Boom, I'm not sure if the music we've heard in the E3 demo is actually his. If it is I hope some of the other tracks in Sonic Boom sound better because honestly, it's not very memorable at the moment. I wonder who the other composer could be?

• Thumbs Up 2

He's not composing Sonic Boom. He's doing sound design. Or rather, the place he works at. (Funky Rustic)

Source is falk, who knows people at Funky Rustic.

He's not composing Sonic Boom. He's doing sound design. Or rather, the place he works at. (Funky Rustic)

Source is falk, who knows people at Funky Rustic.

That's a mighty shame. I'll have to look into Funky Rustic later. Though now I'm wondering what exactly the specifics of "sound design", since I don't actually know.

That's a mighty shame. I'll have to look into Funky Rustic later. Though now I'm wondering what exactly the specifics of "sound design", since I don't actually know.

I think that it's just basically putting sound effects and dialogue into the game.

Well, whoops. Sorry for causing confusion, you have seen Brandon's message was ambigous to say the least.

And wasn't Jacques reported to be working on 3DS version only?

Yah, I thought Richard Jacques was only doing the music for the 3DS version. If he's doing both though, then I'm certainly looking forward to hearing his tunes in the Wii U version!

Shame about Alexander Brandon since he's only doing sound design but eh I can live with that.

Oh, so Richard Jacques doing the Wii-U version's soundtrack as well? It's a shame for Alexander Brandon to only be doing sound design, but I can still look forward hearing Richard Jacques' composition in the games.

Some tracks from this game do sound pretty much like Richard's compositions, so I'm not too surprised.

• Thumbs Up 1

God I hope he's not composing this by himself. I don't dislike the guy's music, but I'm not a fan of overloading a composer on an entire soundtrack, for BOTH versions. I'm liking what I hear of the 3DS version's music so far, but giving this guy two entire soundtracks to work on? I'm sorry, but that just sounds like recipe for disaster. If Tomoya Ohtani's solo work on Lost World is any indication as to why it's one of my least favorite Sonic OST's in years, that may not bode well for me, with the same strategy applied to Jaques.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Guys, remember that Stephen stated that all music at E3 was placeholder music, not the real music. 

SO, there could actually be some very good music in the final game.