Awoo.

Alexander Brandon confirmed as (co?-)composer of Wii U version

stan423321

Guys, remember that Stephen stated that all music at E3 was placeholder music, not the real music. 

SO, there could actually be some very good music in the final game.

Do you have a source for this?

I've checked both the threads for both Rise of Lyric and Shattered Dimensions and I've found nothing about Frostman confirming anything of the sort.

Do you have a source for this?

I've checked both the threads for both Rise of Lyric and Shattered Dimensions and I've found nothing about Frostman confirming anything of the sort.

He stated in an interview, though I honestly can't remember which one.

Mind you, one of the music pieces is deliberately ripped out of Steamboy.

I'll have a look around.

Ooh, I wanted to believe. That would have been interesting.

Reminds me I should investigate a bit more about what the guy's been up to and tune in.

Ohh, so the E3 music was just a standin? That gives me reason for hope!

Wouldn't this be Richard Jacques' first Sonic game in ages where he was the primary composer? As memory serves he usually works with a lot of other musicians.

If you don't count Transformed, Ogilvie, then yes. If I recall, the last Sonic soundtrack he had done before Generations was Chronicles, then 3D Blast Saturn. I may not be a fan of it, but for a composer that was on a tight schedule, he did manage to deliver some relatively competent pieces of music that were leagues above the sound quality in the Genesis titles. (But that's to be expected.)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ooo, first main Sonic game in ages, certainly! Seems he's usually limited to the spinoff titles, so I guess this is his chance to shine. biggrin.png

Damn, you're right!

I dig the guy's work in Generations and ASRT, but at the same time, those are primarily remixes. I don't know if I can place full faith in the possibility he's doing both entire soundtracks, but to give the guy credit, he's no slouch at delivering music in a very short amount of time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Damn, you're right!

I dig the guy's work in Generations and ASRT, but at the same time, those are primarily remixes. I don't know if I can place full faith in the possibility he's doing both entire soundtracks, but to give the guy credit, he's no slouch at delivering music in a very short amount of time.

Sounds like he's really going to be put to the test in that case. Composing for a main Sonic title with completely original tracks, all by himself, and doing it for two games and not just one. He has his work cut out for him!

I hope he's at least getting paid nice for the sheer amount of cramming work he probably has to do.

Ohh, so the E3 music was just a standin? That gives me reason for hope!

Well, if this guy claiming he heard it in an interview is right, yes. We don't know in what interview he supposedly said it though.