Awoo.

#SoTSSTropicalParadise (OUT NOW)

DJ EAR

I'm lacking posts since my old account was gone long ago but will change maybe, as I usually lurk and rarely post on forums anymore hardly. :P I may join this project if I can make myself get back into using the forum again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Soon as i work up more posts i definitely wanna try be a part of this biggrin.png I already have a track in the works for it provided i have enough posts xD 

I love collaboration releases. They really seem to spark the musician in me, and others especially those on these forums, to really push the envelope on their work. Count me in, with a promise that there'll be no disappointment here.

• Thumbs Up 6

I love collaboration releases. They really seem to spark the musician in me, and others especially those on these forums, to really push the envelope on their work. Count me in, with a promise that there'll be no disappointment here.

I agree with this so much!!

Heeeeyy, now that I don't use "mickskrap" I can finally make half-decent music. As well as my transcription skillz going up.

EDIT: Will remixes/slight references to fanmade sonic work (such as Sonic ATS/BTS) be acceptable?

Heeeeyy, now that I don't use "mickskrap" I can finally make half-decent music. As well as my transcription skillz going up.

Will remixes/slight references to fanmade sonic work (such as Sonic ATS/BTS) be acceptable?

I use Mixcraft and while it's beginner, I think it really can serve its purpose. sonicsneakers, xTrickyWolfy, CoN and Marvin use it too so really, it's not that bad. Good luck anyways haha, DAWs are really just about preference.

Also even remixes of tunes from fangames were allowed in TSSMA and EAR's said anything allowed in TSSMA is allowed for SoTSS so yeaaaaaaaaah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also every DAW has its Pros/Cons, this  apply to any softwares that exist for a perticular application*photos, music, video*. Although one over the other is gonna be easier for the first timer to grasp and get ahold of, and music can be made with software from 0$-$$$$$. I started a loooong time ago on a Windows xp machine back in 2005ish with an DAW called Krystal Audio Engine and using the line in/mic in port on a sound blaster card with an old Casio keyboard. I have came a long way since then. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I can understand. It's just that I never had any decent VSTs, and in my opinion the mixcraft virtual instruments are crap. When I got FL, I got more used to it's features and I felt more comfortable with it.

FL is good until you decide to make a huge megamix. Then everything goes tits up as FL constantly runs "Out of memory!" and the .flp file keeps corrupting.

That's why I want Ableton Live.

DAWs are just whatever you find comfortable for your work flow and what you like to use. I've heard fantastic things made through Garageband of all things, and poop made through Reason. Just depends on what you would like to do and if the software is able. On GB again, I used it for 4-5 years until it got to the point that I really wanted to expand on sounds, and as well as other little nice features like tempo change and whatnot, so I hopped over to Reaper *shrugs*.

As for this project though, can't say I'll be able to join in since I'm still getting music stuffs situated on my new computer, but wanted to wish the best of luck to everyone and look forward to the awesome tunes you guys create.

• Thumbs Up 5

also hey falk you said maybe you wanted to join this year hmm

Unfortunately I still don't have 10 posts which was 2013's requirement. :((

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately I still don't have 10 posts which was 2013's requirement. sad.png(

It's never too late to get them!

nah man you and i both know it's not gonna be in time even if i try really hard

Probably not actually Falk.

But hey. One more post gets you 10!

*leans in and whispers* do it...

This sounds like a fun idea. Consider me interested, I'll try and get some tracks in for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm just sitting here in my "studio" (I don't have a proper studio, actually. Pardon my joke.) with my butt-hurting writer's block.

I haven't been doing any stuffs related to video game music for months now already, so why not do a refresh?

Count me in as "interested". Still not 100% about actually joining it though.

Just give me a few weeks to scavenge some Sonic soundtracks for me to mess up. And (if anyone cares) hope I get a good track.

And probably (as the first post said, 2 max. track per artist) I'll just do one track.

Unfortunately I still don't have 10 posts which was 2013's requirement. sad.png(

Why do you tease us you're literally one post away

abilityxtime_zps2d279664.png

I know that thing, I've read that a few dates back when I was still doing illustrating and stuff. Thanks for showing it to me!

• Thumbs Up 1

Music-wise is definitely a no for me, but while not the best I've done a few drawings and things relating to Sonic.

Nothing massively technical, but if I can figure something, I might consider the artist side of this.

As to those who do the music, and specifically those returning from previous TSSMA's, good luck with this one and can't wait to hear what you all come up with for this.