Awoo.

Game Masters Exhibition Travelling to Scotland in December

Tani Coyote

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/sonic-and-super-mario-set-for-capital-game-masters-1-3464534

The Game Masters exhibition that made itself known in Australia is traveling to the National Museum of Scotland later this year! The exhibition opens on December 5th and based on the article, is going to be staying at least until Easter.

The exhibition consists of both an arcade with classics such as Super Mario Bros., Pac-Man, and Sonic, but also has exhibits detailing the history of video games. Original game artwork is among the items that can be viewed.

So, anyone planning on giving it a go? I obviously probably won't get to see it myself, but what about everyone else in the area?

I'm hopeful some sort of Scotland meetup can be arranged at the exhibit before it takes off for somewhere else, at least!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll definatly see if our meet group could go, waiting to see how our first meeting goes. Fantastic that it's coming here though!

Argh, why does it have to be up in Scotland? D: Doesn't help I'm all the way down south in Cornwall, so it would take me ages to get there!

You can travel up via Glasgow by train from Cornwall. Or you could fly out of Newquay. But, yeah, it is quite a trek. You're about as far away from Edinburgh as you can get without taking a boat. 

Anyways, I shall definitely be going to this. I'd be mad not to. It's in my city. 

I may go to this, it's close-ish to me, it's in Scotland, I'm in Scotland! So hopefully-maybe :D

You can travel up via Glasgow by train from Cornwall. Or you could fly out of Newquay. But, yeah, it is quite a trek. You're about as far away from Edinburgh as you can get without taking a boat.

Not only does it a take a long, LONG time to get to Edinburgh (even by train!), the cost to get there might be too much for me. Unless I can manage to get to Edinburgh next year instead since this exhibition is going to be on for quite a long time. I could do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's a safe bet they won't just stay in the UK for a few months. They'll probably move it to London or somewhere else in the south after the Easter holidays. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if while they're in the area, they take the time to move it around all of Western Europe.

The only area which it probably wouldn't consider is Italy, given Rome already has a video game history museum.

Not only does it a take a long, LONG time to get to Edinburgh (even by train!), the cost to get there might be too much for me. Unless I can manage to get to Edinburgh next year instead since this exhibition is going to be on for quite a long time. I could do that.

Good news is it's in the winter. So you won't have to pay Festival prices for accommodation. :P

I think it's a safe bet they won't just stay in the UK for a few months. They'll probably move it to London or somewhere else in the south after the Easter holidays. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if while they're in the area, they take the time to move it around all of Western Europe.

The only area which it probably wouldn't consider is Italy, given Rome already has a video game history museum.

Say's on the website that this is going to be the only EU venue to exhibit it.

If you're gonna go, I would advise you plan for this venue and this one only.

Say's on the website that this is going to be the only EU venue to exhibit it.

If you're gonna go, I would advise you plan for this venue and this one only.

Well dang!

That sure is a disappointment. I guess with the Schengen Area, it isn't too much of a hassle to cross Europe and then just hop across the Channel. I suppose they have their reasons for not doing more than one venue in the region.