Awoo.

A Kid Gave Up His Savings For A PS4 To Help His Neighborhood? (Didn't selfless kids die out ages ago?)

Yoko/葉子

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boy-money-raised-ps4-buy-smoke-detectors-article-1.1763469

I am surprised that this did not get here months ago, Hector Montoya selflessly used the money he was saving to buy smoke detectors for his neighborhood in case of emergency. He even got a PS4 for his efforts. So, does this put a smile on your day? And most people say kids are all selfish...

I hope this was a good find.

• Thumbs Up 8

I love people who always think of others before themselves. I am even doing my best to become one of these people.

I'm sure the neighborhood will never forget what the kid did. An inspirational to me and others. <3

tumblr_n8h2s9oD4u1sgbu3ro1_400.jpg

Just because you think this is stupid or this isn't apparently inspirational to you doesn't mean you should make a silly spam post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really impressive, I know a lot of kids are really into material possessions.. I think selflessness like his is pretty rare among kids, I hope it gets him places rather than being walked all over.

tumblr_n8h2s9oD4u1sgbu3ro1_400.jpg

Less "ingenuine single image" posts like this please.

Alright then.

Why is this news? And it's nothing against this kid, you see these stupid as shit "aww aren't they precious" articles all the time and people eat them up. He saved up his money, bought the whole town dysfunctional safety devices, and got a PS4 for it. So what?

Kids aren't these sentient blobs everyone acts like they are, they're capable of selfless sacrifices too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright then.

Why is this news? And it's nothing against this kid, you see these stupid as shit "aww aren't they precious" articles all the time and people eat them up. He saved up his money, bought the whole town dysfunctional safety devices, and got a PS4 for it. So what?

Kids aren't these sentient blobs everyone acts like they are, they're capable of selfless sacrifices too.

Kids can be capable of selfless sacrifices too I agree, but it's rare to find them.

But this is news. You guys are so used to "A girl got killed by a bunch of thugs" and other similar negative articles that even something inspirational like this, you discard it. I mean that kind of news happens everyday right? Go on to CNN and within 5 minutes, you'll hear about people dying in some horrible way, and call it news.

And again, it's rare to find kids that would do this. I'm pretty sure myself, if I was 9 years old I wouldn't be giving up anything valuable to me unless my parents forced me to.

This article shows love. Maybe if we have more articles like this, maybe more people including kids would be doing it. The world would be a better place if we have more people doing this.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think this is a lovely story, just goes to show that there is hope in the next generation. Of kids I mean, not consoles. That remains to be seen, but what this kid did was really nice. :)

Alright then.

Not that often in the world now stuff like this gets recognized when all the BIG news tends to be negative. Posting stories like this, despite how simple and small they are, still give people hope in the world, and says "hey not everything is doom and gloom." It's always nice to see stories like this. Especially when people tend to think kids are nothing but spoiled brats and a pain. What's the harm in giving him a article? What is so bad about that? Don't see why you have to be so condescending and cynical about it and can't just say something like "good for him" instead of "why should people care."

And what makes these articles "stupid as shit?" They sure are a hell of a lot better than the daily "person gets killed" article you pass by. I don't get your distaste for positive articles like this...

Kids are primarily known by the public as a bunch of selfish fuckwads. When a kid does something good, it's put onto the news and people don't see kids as a bunch of assholes anymore. It changes lots of peoples opinions.