Awoo.

Tekken 7 | GET READY FOR THE NEXT (Gen) BATTLE

#AR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLskvwBOy0Q

2592124-tekken71.jpg

Leaked earlier today by an AOL video from IGN, but officially confirmed at EVO, Tekken 7 is currently in development.

The next entry in the long-running and best-selling fighting game franchise is expected to be on next-gen platforms.

The game is being developed on Unreal Engine 4. According to producer Katsuhiro Harada, “with Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, it allows us to immediately bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire.” From the announcement at EVO, Harada states that more info will be delivered at Comic-Con.

So yeah, I'm hype.

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh snap this is going to be awesome. And this is going to be the last one? I can't wait to play this

Oh dear, are they seriously trying to big up the story in a Tekken game? Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

I've been waiting for an excuse to look into PS4 fight sticks, and this has just given me reason. Definite pick-up here, I hope it's next-gen exclusive.

I don't hope it's next gen exclusive ; - ; But I am hyped to see what this looks like! 

I don't hope it's next gen exclusive ; - ; But I am hyped to see what this looks like!

It should if they're using Unreal Engine 4.

>implying it's the last tekken game

real funny Harada. I'm really looking forward to seeing gameplay.

Also, is that woman supposed to be Heihachi's mother or something? Sounds like the "plot" will be more interesting than Tekken 6's at least..

Snoop Dogg/Lion Stage or no buy.

Mokujin as new Boss of the Zaibatsu is also appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hmm, I wonder who that woman is? At first I though it was Jun Kazama (Kazuya's wife / Jin's mother), but then she mentioned something about Heihachi inheriting something from her and what looks like Kazuya angrily accusing Heihachi of killing his mother. So if that Heihachi's wife/Kazuya's mom? I also spied what looks like Orge, so is he making a return? :o

I hope it's better than Tekken 6. I thought Tekken 6 was good, but the Scenario Campaign was boring and tedious, the music wasn't really too memorable (especially in comparison with Tekken 5), and I just didn't like how they handled playable characters and their storyline set up compared to previous Tekken games (check the spoiler for explanation). And somehow Aztec Ridley Azazel was even more of a final boss cheating bastard than Jinpachi. Though this may be pure Tekken 5 bias speaking through me.

In Tekken 5 (and previous games as well, though I don't really know-I only played Tekken 4 once and I've only played the arcade versions of Tekkens 1-3 that were included with Tekken 5), the majority of characters were unlocked by default for all modes, and to unlock the "secret"/bonus characters, you had to play through the Arcade mode (though I think playing the other single player modes also unlocked those characters too). You also started out with a character's storyline prologue in Arcade mode, and after beating the arcade mode -which involved defeating at least eight characters (including the final boss), you were rewarded with a CG cutscene of the storyline epilogue for the character.

In Tekken 6, all of the characters are unlocked in all of the modes, save for Scenario Campaign mode, which had only four people at the beginning. You have to play through that mode if you want to unlock certain characters and/or see their storyline prologues/epilogues as they aren't in Arcade mode anymore. And compared to the eight people you play in T5's arcade mode, you only have to play four. It seems as if they changed it up for the sake of forcing people to grind through Scenario Campaign, which by itself changes the gameplay (2.5D fighting game in a typical arena to a 3D beat-em'-up) and is offensively sluggish, linear, and repetitive with it's lack of variety in enemies and high difficulty in defeating them.

At least that's how I see it anyway.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Akuma? So Street Fighter character is going to be in important role in a Tekken game? Why... Especially because this seems te be at least chronologically the last main game.

And there still isn't any info when the game is coming to the consoles.

Well that was.....unexpected. Guess this is the closest thing to tekken x Street fighter we're going to get huh,

Well that was.....unexpected. Guess this is the closest thing to tekken x Street fighter we're going to get huh,

No Tekken x Street fighter is still in development. They're just waiting for Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 to be released first before they show us more info.

I'm guessing this likely has to do with the financial situation Capcom is in considering no Tekken characters are showing up in SFV. 

Still, I guess the Street Fighter and Tekken officially take place in the same universe...?

No Tekken x Street fighter is still in development. They're just waiting for Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 to be released first before they show us more info.

harada can keep saying it's coming but until I see proof I wIll continue to doubt it.

Edited by Falco
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Official english Akuma trailer released:

So, we can assume this will be the console version release.

• 1 year later...

Is Lillie in this one? I didn't see her in the trailer.

Who was the blonde girl in the black outfit? Was that uh... Sarah? The one usually in purple?

• 9 months later...

Might as well give this thread an update because of upcoming DLC for new characters that are as surprising as TMNT in Injustice 2. Geese Howard of KoF/Final Fight fame and Noctis Lucis  Caelum from FFXV: