Awoo.

Welcome Back!

Chris

Yo, major concern that was brought up in the updates.

Some banned members appear to have been unbanned. I'm not sure how you mods plan to deal with this, but just a heads up in case problematic members come back to take advantage of this and stir drama.

EDIT: Nevermind...my mistake.  :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

so which one of you is baralover?

So many people on that SSMB chat that I've never heard of before.

• Thumbs Up 1

so which one of you is baralover?

So many people on that SSMB chat that I've never heard of before.

This makes me kinda wish I got back to more people there now... :(

• Thumbs Up 1

This makes me kinda wish I got back to more people there now... :(

Pretty sure the IRC channel is still alive if you wanted to see if they're still there.

Well, brilliant work getting this back up and working. And hopefully it can get fixed fully and no more problems happen.

Either way, happy to be back [such a shame most of the Sonic Boom TV Series thread - or maybe even all of it. Can't seem to find it - has been lost].

Nice to be back! Though seeing my posts from back last year.....was I really that much of a whiny bitch? By the way, we should totally have an "I Survived The Apocalypse 2015" award, I mentioned the idea in the IRC chat and Dreadknux seemed to like it. How often is it that you survive an apocalypse unless you're a cockroach? Unless.....we are cockroaches.....

We all should.

By the way it's great to be back on the SSMB. Now if you will all excuse me, I need to regain my title as the Dragon Lord.

Hey, we're back! :)

Time I changed my avatar from like 2009.

EDIT: And my signature jeez it's been a while since I worked at SPOnG.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey we're back :)

God it's strange how much I felt like I was missing something when the site was down. Glad to have it back. Also, due to the leap back in time I feel and look a little younger, which is always nice.

So....how ya'll been?

Without SSMB I had to spend my days outside, talking to my loved ones.

It was horrible.

From time to time, I still clicked on that bookmarked SSMB link out of habit. And the error page always came out. It was horrible.

Lurked the IRC chat, though.

Well, now....

X3IQbWf.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Important question Chris, will the Smash badges be re-given now that they're lost?

We're trying to reissue those awards but I can't guarantee anything at this moment.

We're trying to reissue those awards but I can't guarantee anything at this moment.

I would imagine you could access the tournament chart

I would imagine you could access the tournament chart

If there's an off site spreadsheet of some kind from the tourneys (both 3DS and WiiU), please provide it so I can speed this process up immensely and uphold the accuracy of our uh.. guesswork. <_<

If there's an off site spreadsheet of some kind from the tourneys (both 3DS and WiiU), please provide it so I can speed this process up immensely and uphold the accuracy of our uh.. guesswork. <_<

Wii U has this: http://challonge.com/smashssmb/standings

3DS sadly is lost unless Brad has it saved somewhere.

Also, myself, Brad, Rawrdom and Cero need Organiser badges.

Wii U has this: http://challonge.com/smashssmb/standings

3DS sadly is lost unless Brad has it saved somewhere.

Also, myself, Brad, Rawrdom and Cero need Organiser badges.

This must be the document that Carbo pulled the names from earlier. Much appreciated, I can definitely use this. The 3DS data is likely lost, but I'm still deciding how I want to handle it. I'm not so much concerned with the participation badges as I am with making sure the correct awards (specifically first, second and third) are handed out to the correct members.

Will do on the organization badges (thanks for letting me know who was involved directly!). They'll be added as soon as I get the correct userIDs situated for the others.

This must be the document that Carbo pulled the names from earlier. Much appreciated, I can definitely use this. The 3DS data is likely lost, but I'm still deciding how I want to handle it. I'm not so much concerned with the participation badges as I am with making sure the correct awards (specifically first, second and third) are handed out to the correct members.

Will do on the organization badges (thanks for letting me know who was involved directly!). They'll be added as soon as I get the correct userIDs situated for the others.

Oh, I remember this offhead;

1st place was Red Cap.

2nd was Xenos.

3rd was SilentDoom.

• Thumbs Up 2

With luck, nothing that requires any real period of downtime. There's a lot we can do without causing downtime, or limiting it to 15 seconds or so.

If I might explain the situation: Around the time the original failure happened, we were preparing to migrate everything to a new server. I was experimenting with the configuration of this new one when the failure occurred, and we essentially rushed the migration since the old server was now a blank slate. What that meant, however, was that a lot of the software was using default configuration, and some of the actions needed to resolve that were complex enough that it necessitated fairly long downtime. That's still the case now, but most of the important stuff is now configured.

• Thumbs Up 3

With luck, nothing that requires any real period of downtime. There's a lot we can do without causing downtime, or limiting it to 15 seconds or so.

If I might explain the situation: Around the time the original failure happened, we were preparing to migrate everything to a new server. I was experimenting with the configuration of this new one when the failure occurred, and we essentially rushed the migration since the old server was now a blank slate. What that meant, however, was that a lot of the software was using default configuration, and some of the actions needed to resolve that were complex enough that it necessitated fairly long downtime. That's still the case now, but most of the important stuff is now configured.

Is that why stuff like posting without having to refresh, PMs, and notifications are working again?

I am glad that SSMB has come back. Although there's some mess ups here and there, I am glad things are getting fixed.

Ohey, I get this hilarious avatar back! 8D

Seriously though, glad that the forums are back up, even if we're missing a chunk of our existence.. WE SURVIVED THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. 8D And I'm in favor of that "I survived the apocolypse" badge idea~

• Thumbs Up 1