Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

That said, I personally believe, without basis, that it will not be a stage event, because sega hates us. Huehuehue

Edited by Weh

I hope it's a stage event. Or maybe an added campaign somehow or something I dunno. Considering it's Sonic Adventure I want it to be more than just a silly buddy event.

I hope it's a stage event. Or maybe an added campaign somehow or something I dunno. Considering it's Sonic Adventure I want it to be more than just a silly buddy event.

If it's a stage event I hope the stages are like this:

Speed: Speed Highway

Fly: Windy Valley

Power: Lost World

Assuming it's an added campaign like you said.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Well, I finally managed to get Shadow. Meaning since the worldwide launch, the only character I'm missing, apart from the Team Easy characters because they're a total waste, is Rouge.

• Thumbs Up 4

They're not changing the location outside of Lost World's art style and levels. For the event icons, sure, but no way are they going to make a bunch of graphical changes to the game for a timed event when they've never done it before for the Classic event or Secret Rings event.

• Thumbs Up 6

I got the Wizard Chao! Should come in handy when comes to magnet powerups! Also, this lag is forcing me to spend RSR. Safe mode just makes the app disappear.

They should just for the hell of it, change the music of the stages during the event.

Windy Hill = Windy Valley 

Sky Road = Sky Deck

Lava Mountain = Red Mountain 

They should just for the hell of it, change the music of the stages during the event.

Windy Hill = Windy Valley 

Sky Road = Sky Deck

Lava Mountain = Red Mountain 

Wait a minute, why are Lost World's (and consequently Runners) stage names so simmilar to SA1's ? Is this just a coincidence or is Sonic Team planning something ?

Wait a minute, why are Lost World's (and consequently Runners) stage names so simmilar to SA1's ? Is this just a coincidence or is Sonic Team planning something ?

Certain Sonic Lost World's stages' names might be related to SA1's. However, most SLW's stages are related to most stages in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Questions:

Why does Premium Roulette hate us?

How can I cheese it?

I want Blaze? (That last one is definitely not a sentence with a question mark on the end, I promise)

Apparently some people believe there is a method to stop the roulette on whatever spot you want, but said method varies between the people you ask. I'm just assuming it's inconsistent since the percent chance of it succeeding is influenced by the frame rate and stutters that occur in-game on your device.

Apparently some people believe there is a method to stop the roulette on whatever spot you want, but said method varies between the people you ask. I'm just assuming it's inconsistent since the percent chance of it succeeding is influenced by the frame rate and stutters that occur in-game on your device.

I think what you get is already pre determined tbh.

Well, I just managed to get a combo of over 8000 for the first time without using any of the buddies that assist with keeping up combos. Pretty proud of that one!

• Thumbs Up 6

The spinning could just be an animation. I'm sure as soon as you hit the button it knows what you're getting, but then it teases you with the spin and tapping the screen just speeds it up.

Who really knows. The assumption that the reward is predetermined just because the game randomly assigns you one if you quit the app while the roulette is spinning is an unfair one to make, especially when you take into account that many people here have claimed these methods worked for them (some people even stating it worked for them multiple times in a row). There could be a multitude of factors to take into consideration, and the roulette could be more complex than it seems.

One theory, for example, is that when you hit the spin button the result of the roulette spinner can be influenced by the stop button while the spinning animation plays. It's possible that the game puts you in a roulette spinning state once you hit the spin button, and takes you out of it once you have acquired an egg. If you close/kill the app before the game takes you out of the state, the next time you reload the game, it will remember this state and give you a random egg (to prevent people from quitting as soon as they see the spinner landing on an unwanted spot).

And then stuttering/lag plays a part in all this too. It messes up your timing for the spin, just like how it messes up your perfect jumps in the actual stages.

But these are just my assumptions.

nah i mean if the roullete would stay stop i would believe it, but there is no stop button, it still says spin. so no matter where you hit on the screen it will stop. tapping just make it faster rather than waiting for it to finish.

i even asked sega about this but they dont even replied or didnt wanted to be honest.

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, that isn't information we have. We generally do not give out information that involves payout mechanics beyond how to participate. The rest is up to chance and your own findings. I'm sorry I do not have more specific information to provide."

So I spun the item wheel and tried the  multiple taps, it stopped at the big section, spun it again, did the multiple taps, and I got a Normal Buddy, a RC Balloon. I still don't have a speed related buddy.

Trust me, he is the only important  normal buddy.

I hate the ramps in this game, most of them are made to kill you as they usually have bottomless pits

Edited by Diamond Z
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, OMG there are literally MORE Gems than Rings here. I know the gems are essential for point boosting (especially the really big ones and the red gems give you more points so the game says) but rings literally protect you from the incoming drill missiles and the spike balls in the 3rd level. Lose your rings and the next second you're like  GOTTA FIND RINGS FAST!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, OMG there are literally MORE Gems than Rings here. I know the gems are essential for point boosting (especially the really big ones and the red gems give you more points so the game says) but rings literally protect you from the incoming drill missiles and the spike balls in the 3rd level. Lose your rings and the next second you're like  GOTTA FIND RINGS FAST!

Don't bother looking in Top Speed sections, there's absolutely no rings whatsoever in Top Speed Sections so if you're hit once during those sections, your characters done for that run pretty much. 

On the bright side, The Indigo Wisp comes in handy here, it can suck up enemies and gems, meaning more points... (But then again I'm starting to wonder if that was the main cause of the lag in my tab.)

The music is nice too...

• Thumbs Up 1

Touching the wheel on either item or premium roulette does in fact effect the wheel. For instance I touch the wheel while spinning and it immediately slows down and stops much faster. However though I have not been able to figure out how to control spin.

It's pretty safe to assume we are getting a new character this Saturday, as Blaze will be leaving the roulette wheel and SEGA has kept two characters within the character egg since the worldwide release. Metal Sonic is being introduced on the Sonic Boom cartoon this Saturday...probably just a coincidence, but I'm hoping for Metal real soon.