Dear SEGA:

Puyo is doing better than Sonic right now

Please port

kthanks

Love,

Everyone with a soul

I echo this

Take a crack with Puyo Puyo Quest

...I mean yeah international Chain Chronicle is a bust but PUYO is one of your long runners (no pun intended)

..But then I remember that it is in the west....as a soft launch title in Canada reskinned as 'Cranky Food Friends' http://segabits.com/blog/2015/08/18/segas-new-mobile-game-cranky-food-friends-gets-soft-launch/

I used a special app to get Puyo Quest on my phone without breaking any laws or doing any hacks, but I'll give that a try.

EDIT: It's not in the American Android store. Poop.

I must be so out of the loop now with this game, but the game isn't even on the U.S. Google Play store anymore? Also based on the report since these numbers are domestic and Runners doesn't show up on the 'overseas' numbers...ouch.

For the guy who said poop because he couldn't get it, the app to get Japanese games in America is Mr Qoo. It's in apk format, and it's how I got runners while it was softlaunched 

4 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Seems Sonic Runners isn't considered a big enough seller judging from this?

Even SEGA can't "run" away from Sonic Runners ;p

• Thumbs Up 2

Are those sales figures from the most recent quarter, or are they an aggregate over Runner's lifespan?

It would make sense if the former were true. Runners interest and sales took a hit right before V.2, as news of the bugs and the frustration of the roulette came to a head. If that figure is an aggregate of Runner's sales over its lifespan... I'm pretty surprised that it didn't do better.

Isn't that Japan only, given that it's all in Yen and includes Japanese only titles, and it's in the domestic part of the presentation?

Wait, Sonic Runners isn't in the US anymore?! when did this happen?!?!

22 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Isn't that Japan only, given that it's all in Yen and includes Japanese only titles, and it's in the domestic part of the presentation?

I feel that this may represent all territories.

I wouldn't consider it a sales failure, looking at those numbers, but ok. The game is quite annoying anyway. Too many interruptions. There has to be a better way of handling a game like this.

22 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Is this list based on the money Sega has got from those games' in-app purchases for about a year? I ask this because I don't see Puyo Puyo Touch in the list.

23 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Well, that certainly explains why events seem to have disappeared and why the pipeline of significant new content or even bugfixes seem to have largely stalled. As some have said on Retro, the writing was on the wall the game wasn't doing too well when any language that wasn't Japanese or English stopped being supported for the game a few months ago. And then the game was pulled from the US versions of App Store and Google Play last month...Ruby said it was for maintenance, but then why is the game still available elsewhere? Last I heard, Runners still available on the UK, Japan, and Canada stores.

The dev team have likely abandoned the game en mass by this point. And if the iOS versions Sonic 4: Episode I and II were anything to go by, I wouldn't be surprised if Runners doesn't come back...

22 hours ago, big_smile said:

It's this roulette nonsense that killed all the fun. They should have just let players purchase characters out right.

2.0 made things worse, as the leveling up/limit break turned the game into a chore. 

They should have made the characters and buddies more balanced. Once you've got a level 10 Vector and a strong pair of Ring buddies, there's no need to bother with anything else. 

It's especially damning because the general consensus is that the core gameplay is actually fun, it's just that the package it comes in --the roulette, microtransactions, the frequent bugs, horrible phone optimization, and the 2.0 update with its entire saga of problems-- just simply made it not worth sitting through in order to enjoy it. Meanwhile, Hardlight's Jump, Dash, and Dash 2: Sonic Boom have all performed much better in comparison (critically and/or commercially).

So in light of that, I'm really not surprised that Runners turned out to bomb (against expectations).

My guess is that the game has all these problems because Sonic Team is focusing on the anniversary game(s) and Runners is just a side project to keep the fans busy. They should've just let another team make the game.

Since nobody else ever seems to bring it up, am I the only one having issues with the Free Revive system? After I'm done watching the ad, the game just stays frozen and nothing works, and I have to restart the app. I'm using the second-most recent version of iOS on an iPhone 6s, but even when I had the newest iOS, this would still always be an issue. I think Free Revive has only worked for me like twice in all five months of me playing this game.

12 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Since nobody else ever seems to bring it up, am I the only one having issues with the Free Revive system? After I'm done watching the ad, the game just stays frozen and nothing works, and I have to restart the app. I'm using the second-most recent version of iOS on an iPhone 6s, but even when I had the newest iOS, this would still always be an issue. I think Free Revive has only worked for me like twice in all five months of me playing this game.

That's just something that happens sometimes. It seems to happen more frequently with some than others though. It's only happened to me about 3 or 4 times, and I've had the game since soft launch. It only started happening to me fairly recently though. You just gotta cross your fingers I guess.

It makes this game way more stressful than it really needs to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's only happened to you about three or four times? Lucky. I've only gotten the Free Revive to actually work about three or four times.

• Thumbs Up 1

These platform collision glitches are weird. I just had vector move upward during his dash. At least i didnt die.

also if the item roulette ever decides to give regular rings, tell me. They did it occasionally last time. 

1 hour ago, itsmeAmiYumi said:

Remember that Puyopuyo collaboration last week?

It's back (Will edit once English version of announcement released)

CbO8w9PUMAEDoa8.jpg:large

Whoa didn't they say that they will never do this event again? I never got the chance to play the soft launch game.

The event is back, but there is no collecting or story mode. It's roulette only. 

Why wouldn't they bring those elements back? It's just reusing content and wouldn't cost them anything.

It is a tad disappointing the story event isn't back, but I guess it's due to the new format the game has taken ever since v1. Part of me is also confused as to why they have this event again and state it's a popular game, when only Japan has it, and no one outside of Japan can download it. :L Well, my only guess is they added these back so people can max out the buddies at lv10 and to limit smash Puyo Amy. 

Thanks to this event though, I've gotten back in the game a bit. It's a nice surprise seeing how generous they are with RSR now. Or maybe I just decided to come back at the right time. I'll be casually playing Runners again, maybe with at least one run a day.