Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

16 minutes ago, ElectricAngel said:

Thanks to this event though, I've gotten back in the game a bit. It's a nice surprise seeing how generous they are with RSR now. Or maybe I just decided to come back at the right time. I'll be casually playing Runners again, maybe with at least one run a day. 

To be honest, once you a limit break a character to 2*, you can earn RSR quite easily in daily battle (as with a 2* character, it's very hard to lose).

It's not as much as you could in the past by grinding, but you can spend much less time playing. (I only play for 15 mins a day and get around 200 RSR a week). 

Limit breaking characters is much easier, as a lot of them can be bought with rings or RSR. (You can quickly rack up rings by sending out friend tokens). 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, big_smile said:

To be honest, once you a limit break a character to 2*, you can earn RSR quite easily in daily battle (as with a 2* character, it's very hard to lose).

It's not as much as you could in the past by grinding, but you can spend much less time playing. (I only play for 15 mins a day and get around 200 RSR a week). 

Limit breaking characters is much easier, as a lot of them can be bought with rings or RSR. (You can quickly rack up rings by sending out friend tokens). 

Great. So do i limit break silver? I already have 1* silver. I dont have enough rings to do chaotix and i dont really want to do fb yet...

should i bother with daily challenges? They take up a lot of time.

1 hour ago, caseykz said:

Great. So do i limit break silver? I already have 1* silver. I dont have enough rings to do chaotix and i dont really want to do fb yet...

should i bother with daily challenges? They take up a lot of time.

Limit breaking: 

This is my preference:

1st Preference: Vector (especially if you have a ring buddy, especially the turtle or tornado).
Reason: Vector's ring bonus is a huge score boost (but you need a ring buddy). And he gets extra rings which makes it easier to limit break other characters.

2nd Preference: Omega (if you have both Ghost buddies).
Reason: Strong score boost. Vector is less effective in story mode (as the rings stop after Top Speed), which gives Omega a slight advantage for this mode.

3rd Preference:
Any other character except for Team easy. Power characters are better. However, because limit breaking is expensive, I'd save up for Vector. 

Facebook:
If you get 25 friends and send out tokens 5 times a day, you can limit break approx every 8 days! Worth it!

Daily Challenges:
If you can level up a character to Lv90 then you can do most Daily Challenges in one go. They are worth it, as you'll get RSR weeks, where you get 5-10 RSR each day. 

So out of curiosity I decided to look at the list of teams that Runners currently has. (The S, F and P stand for Speed, Fly, Power for those out of the loop.) Not counting seasonal themes and costumes.

Team Sonic: Sonic (S), Tails (F), Knuckles (P)

Team Rose : Amy (S), ??? (F), Blaze (P)

Team Chaotix: Espio (S), Charmy (F), Vector (P)

Team Dark: Shadow (S), Rouge (F), ??? (P)

Team Easy: Silver (S), Cream (F), Big (P)

Team Mech: Metal (S), ??? (F), Omega (P)

Team Wild: Sticks (S), Tikal (F), Werehog (P)

Team Future: ??? (S), ESP Silver (F), ??? (P)

Unknown: Mephiles

So at the moment we are currently missing 2 flying types, 2 power types and one speed type. So who do think could fit in the teams missing? Keep in mind you could easily reskin certain characters to fit certain roles i.e ESP Silver, assuming we even get any more new characters.

1 hour ago, Mightyray said:

So out of curiosity I decided to look at the list of teams that Runners currently has. (The S, F and P stand for Speed, Fly, Power for those out of the loop.) Not counting seasonal themes and costumes.

So at the moment we are currently missing 2 flying types, 2 power types and one speed type. So who do think could fit in the teams missing? Keep in mind you could easily reskin certain characters to fit certain roles i.e ESP Silver, assuming we even get any more new characters.

I feel that we will get a Blaze reskin for Team Future. I mean, with the other characters that we have seen, it would make the most sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Mightyray said:

A "reskin" of Cream better become the Fly Type for Team Rose! I'm thinking that Rose!Cream could be regular Cream but with Cheese tagging along with her this time (as he should be). Just to separate Rose!Cream from Easy!Cream, her name could be "Cream & Cheese".

I'm thinking that Mephiles will be a Team Future character. He may not exactly come from the future but he's able to travel there freely, it's where we are first introduced to his character (assuming you don't do Shadow's playthrough first), and he actually changes into his "crystal form" in the future. As for what Type he might be, I'm honestly guessing Speed because one of his characteristics (the very, very few he actually has) is being a coward who fights dirty, hence why his boss fights consist of fighting illusions/minions and why he killed Sonic the way he did, so I wouldn't expect this guy to be smashing through walls (though they made Blaze a Power Type, so who knows). He also takes on the form of a Speed character :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

A "reskin" of Cream better become the Fly Type for Team Rose! I'm thinking that Rose!Cream could be regular Cream but with Cheese tagging along with her this time (as he should be). Just to separate Rose!Cream from Easy!Cream, her name could be "Cream & Cheese".

I'm thinking that Mephiles will be a Team Future character. He may not exactly come from the future but he's able to travel there freely, it's where we are first introduced to his character (assuming you don't do Shadow's playthrough first), and he actually changes into his "crystal form" in the future. As for what Type he might be, I'm honestly guessing Speed because one of his characteristics (the very, very few he actually has) is being a coward who fights dirty, hence why his boss fights consist of fighting illusions/minions and why he killed Sonic the way he did, so I wouldn't expect this guy to be smashing through walls (though they made Blaze a Power Type, so who knows). He also takes on the form of a Speed character :lol:

That's what i thought. Oh wait... You were there, weren't you?

A Blaze reskin sounds cool. She could be a speed type too since she plays almost like Sonic in Rush. But I've never played 06 though. Or watched a full playthrough. 

5 hours ago, caseykz said:

A Blaze reskin sounds cool. She could be a speed type too since she plays almost like Sonic in Rush. But I've never played 06 though. Or watched a full playthrough. 

Blaze is more or less Sonic from an alternate dimension, but in 06 she's from the future, so she'd definitely be a speed type. Has anyone also noticed that it's REALLY hard to unlock characters in the game? I mean, I only unlocked Tails today because the game gave him to me because of Chapter 11-1 being tailored for Flight characters. But what about Amy? I STILL haven't figured out how to unlock her. And I mean Amy herself, not Gothic Amy or Amitie Amy.

6 hours ago, caseykz said:

I guess...? I'm sorry, I don't exactly know what you mean by "You were there, weren't you?" If you're referring to that discussion about Cream not too long ago then yes, I was there. I was a bit too active in that discussion -_-

Indeed, there needs to be at least a Speed Type "reskin" of Blaze, maybe as a Team Future character (which would render Mephiles a Power Type, assuming he is a Team Future character) or maybe have her be a "Team Sol" character. I honestly prefer the latter idea because I'd rather we all forget the whole "Blaze is from the future" clusterfuck that the already-full-of-clusterfuck Sonic 06 introduced. She started off being from the Sol Dimension and it ought to stay firmly as her place of origin. That and, as slim as the chance is, it would allow Marine to join Runners since she too is from the Sol Dimension.

Has anyone also noticed that it's REALLY hard to unlock characters in the game? I mean, I only unlocked Tails today because the game gave him to me because of Chapter 11-1 being tailored for Flight characters. But what about Amy? I STILL haven't figured out how to unlock her. And I mean Amy herself, not Gothic Amy or Amitie Amy.

Yeah, the game intentionally makes unlocking the characters, as well as partners, hard as sin so you would spend tons of money getting them. It's a pretty big reason why this game is more-or-less hated right now (the other being numerous bugs/glitches). Tails and Knuckles are the exception so you could have a Fly and Power character for the respective stages. As for Amy, she used to be unlocked by inviting 10 friends on Facebook to play the game but now you can simply buy her from the store (with Gothic Amy being the "Facebook prize" instead). Unfortunately, the price to purchase Amy is not cheap last time I checked.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine
Reply for JeffCharizardFlame

22 hours ago, Mightyray said:

I'll piggyback with this one.

Rose/Fly: I support Cream & Cheese, but there's something telling me that they won't do that. They're gonna do something crazy like Marine being the Fly character because she has mysterious powers (anyone remember that from the Rush series?).

Dark/Power: Gemerl maybe?

Mech/Fly: If they're bringing back dead characters, Gamma.

Future: Mephiles for Speed, "Pyro Blaze" for Power. Just cause.

I'm still waiting for Team Babylon.

Should I spin on the roulette or not I have 1 premium ticket and 22 eggs and 800 or so rsr. I want to save it for Mephiles because, I mean come why wouldn't you he's never been playable. What should I do?

So does anyone know what type ol Charlie Mephi* is and what team he's a part of? I just wanna update my team list.

*Charlie Mephi is my pet nickname for Mephlies the dark. 

3 hours ago, Mightyray said:

So does anyone know what type ol Charlie Mephi* is and what team he's a part of? I just wanna update my team list.

*Charlie Mephi is my pet nickname for Mephlies the dark. 

No one knows, but I'm guessing future/power, if they ever bring another version of blaze, she would be speed (because people didn't like her being power) and future team, so that leaves power to mephiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm back and forth weather or not I should spin because of the buddies, But then again I've got 3 good chances for Mephlies. :/

39 minutes ago, Hundjäger18 said:

No one knows, but I'm guessing future/power, if they ever bring another version of blaze, she would be speed (because people didn't like her being power) and future team, so that leaves power to mephiles.

*Spead

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is mephiles out? I'm honestly contemplating redownloading the game from my history just for him to see how much better this game makes 06 characters lol

39 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Is mephiles out? I'm honestly contemplating redownloading the game from my history just for him to see how much better this game makes 06 characters lol

Not yet, I'm guessing next month like all the other characters since 2.0.0 (except Xmas)

6 minutes ago, caseykz said:

Did anybody notice that goth amy is missing from the character select screen?

did it merge with the new amy?

Is she really gone? It could be they're no longer supporting the facebook friend thing? If they really aren't it's a good sign they're wrapping up service, or else they'd still want more people to join the game.

1 hour ago, SuperAj3 said:

Is she really gone? It could be they're no longer supporting the facebook friend thing? If they really aren't it's a good sign they're wrapping up service, or else they'd still want more people to join the game.

Nope. I just downloaded more new content. Actually i hope they don't discontinue.

54 minutes ago, caseykz said:

Nope. I just downloaded more new content. Actually i hope they don't discontinue.

I want the game to move offline if they do end up service, that way people can play still. I use the word "good" to refer to the indication, not that it's a good thing. (If they have it's killed most player's RSR income strategies, and it's unfair on those working hard to legitimately get 10 friends)

11 hours ago, caseykz said:

Did anybody notice that goth amy is missing from the character select screen?

did it merge with the new amy?

Maybe it doesn't show up unless you have her, i think its always been like that.