Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Random event appeared. Not even the Sonic Runners Twitter said something about it, the only thing we got is the data update from yesterday.

Pretty much the same event as the one we got for Christmas, but it's a daytime stage now and we can collect snowflakes instead of presents. Nothing else changed. 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQjeu4pLLA

After all I don't think SEGA cares about this game that much anymore. 

The Special Stage in Timed Mode is so much more enjoyable than it was for Christmas, if only because I have a limit broken character now and can listen to the amazing soundtrack from beginning to end. However, I don't understand why they can't just add a Buddy as an extra ranking reward to give this event at least some significance.

At least we know that all the special stages will be in Timed Mode now...but I do wonder what they are gonna do with Merlina if she won't be a reward when the Easter event returns next month.

I played this game once again to find that somehow Sega has proven they can make their terrible game much worse. The timed mode seems rigged with clocks floating away from you when then you go jump at it. However apparently I do very good at timed mode. The point is that I personally find this to be the worst Sonic game I ever played. It went from revolutionary, ground breaking, new way of doing mobile gaming during before worldwide release to the one of the worst Sonic games ever all because of greed. This game had lots of fun and it is now lots of rigging the game. In fact the buddies or companions as they used to be called are all completely useless and make no significant difference. That my opinion of it than.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 16 February 2016 at 4:51 PM, JeffCharizardFlame said:

Blaze is more or less Sonic from an alternate dimension, but in 06 she's from the future, so she'd definitely be a speed type. Has anyone also noticed that it's REALLY hard to unlock characters in the game? I mean, I only unlocked Tails today because the game gave him to me because of Chapter 11-1 being tailored for Flight characters. But what about Amy? I STILL haven't figured out how to unlock her. And I mean Amy herself, not Gothic Amy or Amitie Amy.

Probably to further encourage paying for unlockables instead. You want your stuff for free, you're gonna damn well play for it.

If I remember correctly you can buy Amy by unlocking 200 red star rings. I couldn't resist using my first 150 to buy Big however.

On 2/21/2016 at 5:39 AM, TailsTellsTales said:

I played this game once again to find that somehow Sega has proven they can make their terrible game much worse. The timed mode seems rigged with clocks floating away from you when then you go jump at it. However apparently I do very good at timed mode. The point is that I personally find this to be the worst Sonic game I ever played. It went from revolutionary, ground breaking, new way of doing mobile gaming during before worldwide release to the one of the worst Sonic games ever all because of greed. This game had lots of fun and it is now lots of rigging the game. In fact the buddies or companions as they used to be called are all completely useless and make no significant difference. That my opinion of it than.

Two weeks ago, I was about to revisit Runners but then had a long thought of how am I going to enjoy this again.

This is why I was so pissed off months ago. It had the potential to be one of the best mobile games out there, but the online DRM kinda what stopped it from achieving so. Then as months go by, more and more questionable decisions made by Sega Networks that were added to the game which made the game worse. On top of that, unavoidable bugs like the game freeze after watching an ad that gives you a free revive. 

Personally, version 2.0 killed what's left of Sonic Runners. For goodness sake, Amitie-Style Amy the character I used the most became downright useless after that update! The update doesn't benefit me or others in any way what so ever! 

I just wish they hit the reset button that puts the game pre-worldwide release state. It's a real shame it had come to this.

I only started playing after 2.0.0 and...I'm finding the game pretty fun to be honest? The only caveat is that it can't take the lock screen for jack so you have to make sure it doesn't stay idle for too long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I only started playing after 2.0.0 and...I'm finding the game pretty fun to be honest? The only caveat is that it can't take the lock screen for jack so you have to make sure it doesn't stay idle for too long. 

It's nice for the gameplay. It's mostly the laggy menus, buggyness, and how unstable it is. No two runs are the same, sometimes characters trip on nothing, sometimes you go flying if you land on a platform incorrectly, it's difficult to get red rings without paying up, and sometimes free revives don't work. Not to mention the mass nerfs that happened after the 2.0.0 patch. If you got into it after 2.0.0 then I don't think anyone would see a problem with the game unless they play it for a long period of time, if at all. Because it is tolerable, and it's actually really enjoyable if you play it in bursts and don't actually try and get all the buddies or whatever.

I was only in it until I got the Chaotix members (before they were purchasable), and now I can play the game freely without a care in the world. I guess the point is the game can be more frustrating than it needs to be at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, that makes sense, and my phone is unstable enough as is for me to not notice. :P

But yeah, my attitude was just to get Vector and Espio (getting 400 Red Rings was relatively easy), be given Silver and ESP Silver for free (seriously, didn't even win them off the roulette, they were just handed to me) and then blast through lackadaisy style. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Hmm, that makes sense, and my phone is unstable enough as is for me to not notice. :P

But yeah, my attitude was just to get Vector and Espio (getting 400 Red Rings was relatively easy), be given Silver and ESP Silver for free (seriously, didn't even win them off the roulette, they were just handed to me) and then blast through lackadaisy style. 

How did you get ESP Silver for free?

I don't know. I just did stuff (not getting any characters off the premium roulette), went to the character menu one day and whoops there he was. 

20 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I don't know. I just did stuff (not getting any characters off the premium roulette), went to the character menu one day and whoops there he was. 

Omg.

The one thing I can see in common for both Silver and ESP Silver is that they were both given away for free at some point during 2.0.0. Maybe I managed to meet the criteria for free Silver, but this also accidentally triggered the game to think I'd also met the launch week unlock criteria for ESP Silver (it can't be that I downloaded it on launch week and the game remembers that; I didn't download the game until January). 

31 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

The one thing I can see in common for both Silver and ESP Silver is that they were both given away for free at some point during 2.0.0. Maybe I managed to meet the criteria for free Silver, but this also accidentally triggered the game to think I'd also met the launch week unlock criteria for ESP Silver (it can't be that I downloaded it on launch week and the game remembers that; I didn't download the game until January). 

Is it worth to try and play again to see if they give ESP Silver again? I really want him...

On 22/2/2016 at 2:12 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

That's, lucky, for you, I mean I really don't see how could someone get him for free, given that Ruki185 has been doing accounts after a while for testing the release of other characters and he hasn't said anything about it having free ESP silvers, maybe he needed to play more, or maybe you used a spin without noticing, maybe....eh...I'm running out of ideas.

I watch the premium wheel closely every time I spin. No character eggs have been won yet, and only four super-rares, the rest have been just rares.

17 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I watch the premium wheel closely every time I spin. No character eggs have been won yet, and only four super-rares, the rest have been just rares.

Characters are still much easier to get now though. I got vector, espio, two sticks, two werehogs, and tikal ever since ver 2 started. Its not as painful as ver 1 roulette, in my opinion.

btw, its better if you spend during events only.

I knew he would be team future, but I thought he would be power. Maybe that means there's a team future Blaze?

• Thumbs Up 3

It makes sense that Mephiles doesn't deserve to be a Power-Type character because his attacks are mostly ranged ones, and he's a Speed/Future-Type character. He is really a time-traveler.

Speaking about Solaris, it has its new title, "Solaris the Sun God". Well, that's kinda wierd. I like the old title "Solaris, the Flame of Hope" more than the new one.

I've been saving up and i got him.

tried on timed mode and his running animation is a bit different from a speed type. Which makes it feel weird.

The event ends on april 1st hmm...

28 minutes ago, Diamond said:

He stays for an entire month?

I never noticed until now. But sticks stayed for 15 days and werehog stayed for 18 days. You can see previous posters here: http://supersilver1242.deviantart.com/gallery/

EDIT: 

This is crazy. Even esp silver doesn't have this much attention O.o

I believe it's a first.

What does this meeaaan?? Also 1st April?

Edited by caseykz
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's only for the increased drop rates. As you probably know, Sticks and Werehog are also still on the Roulette.

But if Mephiles has the increased drop rates for an entire month, then that likely means there won't be any Easter characters/costumes. There is a chance they'd just add them into the files one or two days earlier like they did with the day-time Frozen Factory stage, but considering the Runners twitter has become inactive recently could mean this really is the end of the line regarding new content.