Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Welp here is the etag for the image of the SA2 notification image

<"700a52-25784-52d20c7d8b1d6"@@@Thu, 03 Mar 2016 08:28:18 GMT

Guess they had this made a month ago? I dunno

On 23/03/2016 at 10:18 PM, SuperAj3 said:

Just out of curiosity, this game's now over a year old, so does that mean the thread will be moved from this subforum?

Techniclly it didn't offically come out until June last year, but it was released in Febuary last year as a softlaunch. It's hard to answer this question, it's best to talk to an admin for help if I were you.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:58 AM, TheBlueGuardian said:

Techniclly it didn't offically come out until June last year, but it was released in Febuary last year as a softlaunch. It's hard to answer this question, it's best to talk to an admin for help if I were you.

I guess it'll be moved when an admin wants to XD But yeah, even if the worldwide release was in June everyone just got the apk and downloaded it in Feb XD

Looking through the apk shows it still has Japanese lines and "Hello World". Unsure why it's there but makes one curious don't ya think

Screenshot_2016-04-10-00-50-22.png

• Thumbs Up 1

It's so weird that i can find sonic jump fever and sonic 4 episode 1 (btw reviewers complain that they have to pay although it is free to download) in the chinese android app store but not sonic dash or sonic runners.

You remember they don't have google play right?

A) They don't have the Google play store?

B ) Yes that is weird that one of the bad games isn't there[runners] but not the good games [dash]

54 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

A) They don't have the Google play store?

B ) Yes that is weird that one of the bad games isn't there[runners] but not the good games [dash]

They use android market, which you can find if you google 'anzhuoshichang'.

We have new buddiieess!!!

i have no idea what the descriptions says.

that hunk of meat sounds good for timed mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's strange how they seem willing to add new buddies, but won't add anything exciting that would bring players back. 

4 hours ago, big_smile said:

It's strange how they seem willing to add new buddies, but won't add anything exciting that would bring players back. 

They are probably busy with whatever the new game is to bother formatting the collecting event for ver 2.0. Hopefully our time will come next year or sth.

The hunk of meat probably won't replace rc tornado right? I mean, rc turtle would go well with that... 

From the description, i take it that double triple abilities probably refers to jumps?

4 hours ago, big_smile said:

The real thing that would bring back people would be story events again, but that would require timed mode to go away, or to add story events as a whole different section

The other real thing would be getting rid of the lag and glitches and fixing the Flippin roulette wheel.

4 minutes ago, Mettatataton said:

The other real thing would be getting rid of the lag and glitches and fixing the Flippin roulette wheel.

Nah the roulette has been nice to me. I got ESP silver, rouge, and mephiles in a 2 week span.

Lag doesnt happen often on newer devices but android would need brushing up. They made some playable characters buyable.

As for story mode event stages, they need to omit certain parts, or power type wont be playable at all. For example, that missile speed section that requires triple jump height to clear. Which is also why timed mode is good, there are no missiles or spike balls to worry about. 

Meanwhile i just lost my 49 win streak. TT.TT 

Just now, caseykz said:

As for story mode event stages, they need to omit certain parts, or power type wont be playable at all. For example, that missile speed section that requires triple jump height to clear. Which is also why timed mode is good, there are no missiles or spike balls to worry about. 

The only bad part about it is the lag usually puts you in a bad spot for that, seems easy if it doesn't lag until after that

19 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

The real thing that would bring back people would be story events again, but that would require timed mode to go away, or to add story events as a whole different section

Whenever they have those BGM music events, they have a banner for story mode. That banner could easily be used for story events.

I can understand them not wanting to create any new story events (because Runners hasn't sold that well), but I don't see why they can't bring back the old story events from time to time. 

8 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Whenever they have those BGM music events, they have a banner for story mode. That banner could easily be used for story events.

I can understand them not wanting to create any new story events (because Runners hasn't sold that well), but I don't see why they can't bring back the old story events from time to time. 

My theory for the story event exclusion is SEGA's attempts to make some money out of the game before they give up support entirely. If they were to bring story events back, they also be expected to bring back the reward system back as well.

23 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

My theory for the story event exclusion is SEGA's attempts to make some money out of the game before they give up support entirely. If they were to bring story events back, they also be expected to bring back the reward system back as well.

They don't have to bring back the rewards. People expect them to do all sorts of things which they don't do.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, big_smile said:

They don't have to bring back the rewards. People expect them to do all sorts of things which they don't do.

But what would be the point of the events then? The story's incredibly lacking, and in general not enough to convince people to keep playing through the event. It was the fact the events were so generous with the rewards, and buddies which got people to keep playing through them, because unlike Story Mode, it was actually a good way to get Red Star Rings. Without the rewards, all we have is just a very lacking story, and an story level which can screw you over for not having a speed/flight/power character present.

• Thumbs Up 1

For a company so focused on mobile focus, SEGA is doing a terrible job of building enough of a reputation to make that direction worthwhile. Eventually these low ratings, criticism, and app abandonment's are going to take their toll and not even the mobile market will do SEGA any good.

(Not to mention they've already labeled Runners a failure)

The app is entirely Lost World focused save for characters and buddies. With now 25 years of history worth of stages that could have been added to the app, and a reveal video that featured classic stages, they decided to just slap Lost World in an app and call it a day with a poor character unlocking system.

It could be so easy for them to release a winner, but instead, nope.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But what would be the point of the events then? The story's incredibly lacking, and in general not enough to convince people to keep playing through the event. It was the fact the events were so generous with the rewards, and buddies which got people to keep playing through them, because unlike Story Mode, it was actually a good way to get Red Star Rings. Without the rewards, all we have is just a very lacking story, and an story level which can screw you over for not having a speed/flight/power character present.

Well they have those pointless BGM events. I'd gladly take a badly written story over pointless BGM music. (Although I agree with you that neither are going to bring people back). 

The hunk of meat is a game changer. Already we see no.3 (as of this time of writing) in world rankings using lvl 10 meat plus lvl 6 rc turtle. Lvl 0 meat gives 3 (5 on power) rings per super ring. Imagine lvl 10 buddies.

if you see the max lvl stats on the loading screen, tell us.

On other news, we have a new timed mode stage.

• Thumbs Up 1