Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Not really too shocking Sonic Team is not doing proper events anymore, considering Sega labeled the game a commercial failure a couple of months ago. Development staff have probably all but washed their hands of the title by this point, save for cosmetic updates like these.

All that's left is the waiting game for when the servers are shut down and the game's plug is pulled completely.

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

All that's left is the waiting game for when the servers are shut down and the game's plug is pulled completely.

As long as they're making money I don't think those servers are going anywhere 

25 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

As long as they're making money I don't think those servers are going anywhere 

I hold doubts they're going to do long-term support for a game that's not making as money as they expected, especially considering that Runners was released worldwide and still underperformed against other mobile games from Sega that were exclusive to Japan. Aside from cutting down on proper events, new characters, proper phone optimazation, etc. they also dropped international language support, you can only play the game in Japanese and English.

And without that kind of substantial support, that results in less players (which has dropped off greatly since the 2.0 update), which is how the game gets its revenue in the first place.

I don't see the game staying for long.

This is why you shouldn't buy from always online games. If the severs go down, companies aren't obligated to compensate people that spent actual money. All your progress is gone, and there's no getting anything back. You're essentially throwing your money away.

I figured this post is going to be drowned by pessimism so i think it's time to share how to get streaks indefinitely in timed mode.

First, you have to understand how timed mode works:

1. Opponent A does not always get Opponent B and Opponent B does not always get Opponent A. Likely, you get an opponent who entered his score 1 hour ago. You occasionally get people who entered their score the same time as you.

2. Leagues work the same as story mode. They group you with other people of similar high scores. Thanks to @LukA8

The strategy:

1. Wait for the weekday league. 

2. Get a low score on purpose. Hopefully this will make the game pair you with a low score opponent. However, this also means you are likely to lose on your first try.

3. Equip your best setup and destroy your opponent. Don't worry they won't feel a thing. It's likely not you that they are battling against.

4. Check your opponent's last login information. Hopefully it is more than 1 hour ago. The longer it is, the better. Then the scores are unlikely to change.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the weekday league.

6. On either Saturday or Friday (depending on where you live), you have to score in the weekday league and win your opponent before the leagues are reset.

7. The weekend league is key to your streak. With good timing you only have to take 1 opponent. Score 1 or 2 million below your average score with your best setup. For me, i am still in league c, so scoring between 1.5 mil and 2 mil is sufficient. Try not to score below 1 million or the next step might not work.

8. Spend 10 rsr to get a beatable opponent. Repeat step 4. The reason you do not score too low is because the game might pair you with somebody carrying out step 2. 

9. Repeat the whole cycle. You are likely to defeat your opponent (thus keeping your streak) but get relegated. However, you will be grouped with players who probably cannot defeat your best setup.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Gabe said:

Not really too shocking Sonic Team is not doing proper events anymore, considering Sega labeled the game a commercial failure a couple of months ago. Development staff have probably all but washed their hands of the title by this point, save for cosmetic updates like these.

The thing is they could just re-release the past story and collect-a-thon events. All the programming is done, they just have to re-release it. It wouldn't cost them a penny. Instead, they are just wasting their time with boring new buddies and BGM events. 

Absence of ads makes it more worrying...

The hunk of meat adds 1ring per lvl so i believe we have 13 rings extra per super ring or sth. Anyone knows the max lvl stats for rc tornado? Is it 100% more banked rings?

why am i dicussing buddies with myself.

yes drown my strat with more posts.

Would the numbers 2250 rings (2500 same type) make sense for the RC Tornado? I feels like I've seen those before but not sure if I'm thinking of the right buddy. Also I'm pretty sure you're right about hunk of meats max level.

Also I've got a newbie question about streaks. What happens to your streak if you don't manage to submit a score one day? I'm be going on holiday somewhere with poor mobile coverage soon and wondering what will happen if I don't manage to get to a wifi point (at least I'm only on a 10 day streak at the moment though).

20 minutes ago, CharlotteML said:

Would the numbers 2250 rings (2500 same type) make sense for the RC Tornado? I feels like I've seen those before but not sure if I'm thinking of the right buddy. Also I'm pretty sure you're right about hunk of meats max level.

Also I've got a newbie question about streaks. What happens to your streak if you don't manage to submit a score one day? I'm be going on holiday somewhere with poor mobile coverage soon and wondering what will happen if I don't manage to get to a wifi point (at least I'm only on a 10 day streak at the moment though).

Rc tornado 2, i think. The blue one. Banked rings percentage. Super popular in world rankings.

I would like to know too. I had a 49 streak going the last time (I'm still salty :() and right now im having rsr for daily rewards so i cant test. 

Welcome to SSMB. People can't get any optimism for this game so brace yourself. 

1 hour ago, caseykz said:

Welcome to SSMB. People can't get any optimism for this game so brace yourself. 

No actually. The people of SSMB just saw that 2.0 fucked the game over on generally every element that made it fun to begin with, and so decided to stop playing it. SEGA on the other hand have decided "fuck it" and only puts out an occasional character/buddy, or puts out a crappy event with no reason to play it. It has nothing to do with being optimistic. It's about how SEGA completely fucked the game up to the point no one wants to play anymore. I should know, considering I played it since Launch day, and can't even be bothered to pick Runners up again.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, CharlotteML said:

It's been a while since I played for streaks, but, from memory, I think if you miss a day, the streak is broken. 

Just cancel your holiday. Sonic Runners is more important. 

8 hours ago, big_smile said:

The thing is they could just re-release the past story and collect-a-thon events. All the programming is done, they just have to re-release it. It wouldn't cost them a penny. Instead, they are just wasting their time with boring new buddies and BGM events. 

But wouldn't they have to program it back in since timed mode took over anything non story related?

4 hours ago, caseykz said:

Rc tornado 2, i think. The blue one. Banked rings percentage. Super popular in world rankings

I just managed to get a screenshot of it. It's 67% (75% same type). 

Screenshot_2016-04-17-16-57-10.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, flaresakithasol said:

But wouldn't they have to program it back in since timed mode took over anything non story related?

I'm sure they could re-release it via Story mode. 

It's a shame really, both Runners and Generations have suffered the same fate in the end.

Extraordinarily ambitious projects with limitless potential only to be dropped faster than an anvil in a Warner Bros. cartoon, both released with praise worthy acclaim initially yet after said release were simply abandoned.

Maybe SEGA's mindset is...

If the game releases with poor reception, further support will be given until the reception is better.

If the game releases with great reception, support is completely forgotten out of satisfaction from getting initial high scores.

Certainly explains current situations...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

If you need a story this is it.

because they couldnt wait till the afternoon.

Screenshot_2016-04-17-18-30-22.png

...Oh no, the inhumanity!

I gotta say, really makes CD shine in comparison... Now THAT sh@t was evil when you saw the world in the Robotnik future.

16 hours ago, CharlotteML said:

I just managed to get a screenshot of it. It's 67% (75% same type). 

Screenshot_2016-04-17-16-57-10.png

And thus, a hunk of meat shall take over the world, with 130% rings per super ring. Power types are popular? Make that 150%.

I got a question does the main menu screen move very slowly when you make selections? As in if you are picking your characters or companions and it takes like a few seconds for the change to happen. Or when you are scrolling the high scores and it not move for several seconds than.

I finally won the Jackpot for the first time and it was disappointing since you only get a pitiful 99,999 rings which I would not call a Jackpot. If it was a real Jackpot it would be 999,999 rings at least. I used to suck at this game but now I got much decent at it. I struggling to move up the timed mode ranks because everybody keeps getting 8 million points which is very hard to get unless you get lucky than.

Well first off I only had to wait 3 seconds and second I seem to get 8 million rings simply by using 10 red rings, after beating someone of course. I always get someone with 1 million so I don't even use red rings for streaks

3 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

I got a question does the main menu screen move very slowly when you make selections? As in if you are picking your characters or companions and it takes like a few seconds for the change to happen. Or when you are scrolling the high scores and it not move for several seconds than.

I finally won the Jackpot for the first time and it was disappointing since you only get a pitiful 99,999 rings which I would not call a Jackpot. If it was a real Jackpot it would be 999,999 rings at least. I used to suck at this game but now I got much decent at it. I struggling to move up the timed mode ranks because everybody keeps getting 8 million points which is very hard to get unless you get lucky than.

Focus on getting rings and use them to limit break your character.  

The best way is by sending out Facebook friend tokens. If you send out tokens to 20 friends 5 times a day you can limit break every 5 days or so.

Once you get Limit Break 5, you can easily surge through the rankings until you reach S***

Focus on Vector first and then Charmy, as their ring bonus is very helpful in timed mode (plus, you can get more rings that way). 

On 20/04/2016 at 7:56 AM, big_smile said:

Focus on getting rings and use them to limit break your character.  

The best way is by sending out Facebook friend tokens. If you send out tokens to 20 friends 5 times a day you can limit break every 5 days or so.

Once you get Limit Break 5, you can easily surge through the rankings until you reach S***

Focus on Vector first and then Charmy, as their ring bonus is very helpful in timed mode (plus, you can get more rings that way). 

I assume if you're using yellow rings to buy Chaotix, then it's best to use Red rings on the roulette to get buddies to increase the score percentage boost from them?

Also does sending the tokens result in irritating notifications for your Facebook friends? I'd rather wait than be one of those people.

Also I've only just started so haven't got any of the Chaotix yet, should I buy one of each (so I have 50% ring boost regardless of level type) then start limit breaking Vector or just get Vector and start limit breaking him?