Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I'll probably do that.  It's so ironic that the "easy" character is the hardest to get a high score with.  I like a good challenge but this is a bit much and it seems the cons outweigh the pros.  I was doing fine without the drop in game speed on my own so that buff doesn't do anything for me.

Edited by Taokaka

The only thong that  makes them usefull is th fact that because they are slower, if there is any rsr in the stage it's easier to get...

The only thong that  makes them usefull is th fact that because they are slower, if there is any rsr in the stage it's easier to get...

They will be super useful for events too since score doesn't really matter in those.

Yeah, but the combo companions of the events wont be as usefull because if they are slow, the combo will be herder to maintain

Yeah, but the combo companions of the events wont be as usefull because if they are slow, the combo will be herder to maintain

The combo companions are usually the worst of the event companions and you're better off with going another, weirdly enough.

Also, in case anyone didn't notice but Amitie Amy's type is not listed as Rose but Lady in the japanese version? Don't know why they changed it to Rose in the american version.

These 'easy' characters will not be any use at all for special events when you factor in combo bonuses from companions. 

Most of the time failures in this game are caused because the frame rate drops to that of newspaper or glitches so your character doesn't perform a jump arc correctly. 

Also lets be honest here, these events are not difficult at all since the slashed the difficulty of the various challenges and events.

Example, prior to the daily challenges being nerfed, special animal events finished at a much higher count rate, what was it 700k? Now these events have been capped at 300k. Which is more than doable in the time frame given even without non event specific characters.

These 'easy' characters will not be any use at all for special events when you factor in combo bonuses from companions. 

Most of the time failures in this game are caused because the frame rate drops to that of newspaper or glitches so your character doesn't perform a jump arc correctly. 

Also lets be honest here, these events are not difficult at all since the slashed the difficulty of the various challenges and events.

Example, prior to the daily challenges being nerfed, special animal events finished at a much higher count rate, what was it 700k? Now these events have been capped at 300k. Which is more than doable in the time frame given even without non event specific characters.

Not saying they will make events super easy (they already are easy), just that their only use will be limited to events. Idk if they affect the combo dissipation timer so if anyone could confirm that it would be helpful.

Edited by PurinxPop

Is there a customer support page for SEGA? I just wasted 100 of my red rings because the game crashed as soon I pressed the spinner. I checked to see anything have changed but nope.

So, counting Shadow but not the event characters, there are five Speed characters, four Fly characters and four Power characters right now...They seem to be going for a balanced roster, so that means Metal Sonic and Blaze might be Fly and Power respectively (or vice versa), which seems even stranger than having Silver in Speed, especially in Metal Sonic's case.

I'm prepared to see Shadow:Speed/Edgy character, witch increases the Swag Combo Bonus by 70%...

• Thumbs Up 1

So, counting Shadow but not the event characters, there are five Speed characters, four Fly characters and four Power characters right now...They seem to be going for a balanced roster, so that means Metal Sonic and Blaze might be Fly and Power respectively (or vice versa), which seems even stranger than having Silver in Speed, especially in Metal Sonic's case.

Metal Sonic is going to be Speed in Team Mech.

I'm slightly annoyed that Cream isn't a Rose character. I was so excited for another flying character that I didn't need to spin the roulette for.

I am confused by people who bought two or three of the characters and are acting like they got scammed, though. If you even read the notification you'd get the idea that they probably weren't going to be so hot in anything other than (possibly) events. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the main problem with "Team Easy" that they are aimed toward beginners yet cost a ton of red rings/rings to get. I don't get beginners will going to be willing to pay money at first or get enough to even buy them.

team easy are specifically designed to be bad in the name of making them good for beginners

idk, i think it's a terrible design philosophy to ever make something outright bad no matter what your reason is

but hopefully they let us switch the easy characters to different types; i was really looking forward to cream and big :\

Edited by DrJones33
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's funny that we at last going to get purchasable characters...only to be found it's just Team Easy. Put the Chaotix back, I want that ring bonus!

I am assuming roulette-exclusive characters in the past will become purchasable through the new system once SEGA stops maintaining this game aka no more events.

Let's be honest though, they are going to have to make Shadow purchasable otherwise they will be forced to endure the wrath of many outraged Shadow fanboys

I think making regular characters unobtainable after a company is finished with maintaining a game is bad form so I hope they do become purchasable down the line. Event specials like Classic Sonic and Amite Amy I can understand, but not really the others.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just sent this to SEGA, so hopefully I get a more concrete answer. Hello, this issue has been brought up before, and I'm starting to think that it's being ignored entirely. I signed up for this game before the worldwide launch and had a ton of fun with it. Right when it went worldwide, all of my friend's rank disappeared and I have no access to any Facebook options. This includes being able to send revive tokens and comparing high scores with each other. My friend still has access to the Facebook options, and is able to use everything without any problem. This glitch has been ongoing with me and the community for quite some time now. I do not want to start a new game and have to earn everything over again. I have been more than loyal to this company, and I really need this to get fixed. Otherwise I just don't think it's worth playing anymore. Please don't tell me to wait for an App Store update, I've waited a long time as it is. What is going on? Thank you for your time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really not liking this score bonus debuff.  So far playing as Cream I've gotten my highest combo and farthest run yet, but my score never reflects it.  To get to the first place spot in my league I need to be double as good as the guy currently in the number one spot.  This debuff needs a debuff.  It completely negates any use of these characters for serious score runs and that's something everyone playing runners wants to do with these guys, get high scores.  If you want to give new time players an easy time, make an easy mode.

Edited by Taokaka

Well, they are made for new players so they can get easier trough the stages, but at a cost:the score is horrible.

Well, they are made for new players so they can get easier trough the stages, but at a cost:the score is horrible.

You probably answered when I was editing my post but I mentioned that they should just make an easy mode rather than have characters represent a difficulty mode.

Edited by Taokaka

Maybe there will be a team hard?(Shadow,Metal and Blaze) and they wont have any rings but the score is doubled(i dont want a team to be faster, Sonic is the Fastest Thing Alive)