Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

You do realize that on IOS, when an account is made, the save data is uploaded to the Icloud in that account? Meaning when the game actually does come Worldwide and people try to use their normal account to get the game, their save data will likely be lost.

I realise you can just continue to use your new, international account for the game. If you get the Canadian game, you physically won't be able to update it or make purchases while signed into your usual account because the accounts don't match, but you'll still be able to switch accounts or play without using the IAPs at any time. You won't actually lost any data unless you remove your Canadian version and then download the local version.

Or, now bear with me cause this is where it gets really complicated, you could just wait patiently and bide your time with something else. 

You do realize that on IOS, when an account is made, the save data is uploaded to the Icloud in that account? Meaning when the game actually does come Worldwide and people try to use their normal account to get the game, their save data will likely be lost.

• Thumbs Up 1

I realise you can just continue to use your new, international account for the game. If you get the Canadian game, you physically won't be able to update it or make purchases while signed into your usual account because the accounts don't match, but you'll still be able to switch accounts or play without using the IAPs at any time. You won't actually lost any data unless you remove your Canadian version and then download the local version.

Or, now bear with me cause this is where it gets really complicated, you could just wait patiently and bide your time with something else. 

First, what you want to do doesn't actually work here. You are trying to say we should go and download it on the Canada store, despite there being reasons why some may not wanna do that and despite the fact that people may want to actually use the in app purchases later, which would mean doing it on their normal account.

Your second point just leads straight back into the argument. It's been a month and there's been 2 events. Sega themselves have been throwing in-app notifications of how many people are playing the game (Which is well into the 100,000s) and the game looks like it's in a playable state. I understand 1 or 2 in order to bug test a bit but it should take over a month in order to release a game which is already in English and is already in a playable state.

You can still download the Canadian version of Runners and still do in-app purchases on your normal main iTunes account. The reason IAPs doesn't work for non-Canadian accounts right now because Runners isn't available worldwide and the game cannot find Runners IAP store on those regions. Sega disabled the game's information on most regions (including NA). Once Runners is up worldwide, it doesn't matter what version you own, the game will find Runners IAP information on your signed in region.

The only version that might be different is the Japanese version of the game, since that version's language is Japanese and there is no English setting. But definitely, the Canadian version is the worldwide version.

And about that last point, I said this before. Runners is completely different to Dash and Jump as it's an always online game. Sega may not have enough servers right now to handle load from people all over the world. Especially when it's Sonic.

So anyone else noticed that the game has broken following a recent update?

Achievements no longer unlock. Why does this matter? Well you get a reward each time you unlock one.

Also according to a post in the Amy topic. Assuming they did it correctly, referral red rings no longer unlock, nor does Amy.

So anyone else noticed that the game has broken following a recent update?

Achievements no longer unlock. Why does this matter? Well you get a reward each time you unlock one.

Also according to a post in the Amy topic. Assuming they did it correctly, referral red rings no longer unlock, nor does Amy.

The achievements never work for me anymore. I already have the Hero Chao but the achievement never showed up. The game never automatically signs me in. I have to manually sign in but it still has blank spots in the game on.

I get this every time I tap "Achievements".

3d4ddb82365ea207d218a57b542f3e15.jpg

The game screen goes weird (this pic is NOT cropped) and says I am not signed in to Game Center...which I am.

And when I visit the Game Center, no information about Runners is there.

This is happening maybe because of my account's signed in region and Runners isn't available yet. Maybe. I don't know, never experienced this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just encountered a neat glitch.

You know how the wisp powers don't work when you are fighting Eggman (not the Eggman boss fight at the end of each episode). Well:

LxFB5LH.png

I activated the lazer wisp just before I came up against Eggman, and I stayed in lazer form throughout the entire Eggman boss fight! It battered Eggman about every second, so I got lots of hits in. 

Here's another screenshot from my phone.

Unfortunately the combo stopped working when I returned to normal gameplay. So I wasn't able to see if this glitch would keep happening. 

In my game, Sonic is level 41, and I'm on Episode 24-2. The game is starting to drag. But with the Easter Event, I've kept playing. I got the Easter Chao, and I really want the Easter Bunny. When does this event end?

I think it ends at the 6th, so I'm pretty sure you have plenty of time!

Hey is anyone still getting their daily challenges awards? I stopped getting them for almost a week now.

Even if I check the progress and says "You did it!" I haven't got anything.

Usually when I complete the challenge I get a pop up saying that I did and I go and collect it in the gifts area.

Something is messed up here. First I don't get any red star rings for each referral, second I don't get Amy, third now this.

Hey is anyone still getting their daily challenges awards? I stopped getting them for almost a week now.

Even if I check the progress and says "You did it!" I haven't got anything.

Usually when I complete the challenge I get a pop up saying that I did and I go and collect it in the gifts area.

Something is messed up here. First I don't get any red star rings for each referral, second I don't get Amy, third now this.

I just did a check as I was really close to hitting the daily challenge target after playing it earlier. I hit the target, got the 'You did it!', and then got the pop up with 2000 rings which were automatically added to my total. I don't collect daily challenge rewards from the guft box, they're added automatically. I'm playing the iOS version, but it seems to be working.

I just did a check as I was really close to hitting the daily challenge target after playing it earlier. I hit the target, got the 'You did it!', and then got the pop up with 2000 rings which were automatically added to my total. I don't collect daily challenge rewards from the guft box, they're added automatically. I'm playing the iOS version, but it seems to be working.

HA!

Figured out what the problem was.

This Easter event is bugged. When you complete the objective on story mode you'll get your prize.

Complete the objective during a special stage though, you won't get awarded.

Just tested this now. If you complete your objective 100% after you finished your Easter run, you won't get anything.

CBz1nrYUMAEYUqj.jpg

You got your Phantasy Star Online 2 in my Sonic Runners!

...before PSO2 is even localised, SEGA you motherfuckers

I can actually see these companions getting released over here, given one of the Miku games that got localised has a song complete with music video about Phantasy Star Online 2. But c'mon SEGA you cold bastards.

• Thumbs Up 4

Give me some classic SEGA arcade companions and I'm done. F-14 Tomcat, the Spacie Harrier guy, and what not. Maybe other all-stars too.

• Thumbs Up 4

Give me some classic SEGA arcade companions and I'm done. F-14 Tomcat, the Spacie Harrier guy, and what not. Maybe other all-stars too.

THIS I can get behind.

He was in Project X Zone, he's been ported to 3DS, gimme Space Harrier love

HA!

Figured out what the problem was.

This Easter event is bugged. When you complete the objective on story mode you'll get your prize.

Complete the objective during a special stage though, you won't get awarded.

Just tested this now. If you complete your objective 100% after you finished your Easter run, you won't get anything.

Sorry for the double post... I've just moved up to rank C* and this is the first division I can see where people at the bottom get relegated. In this division, the top 20 people move up and the bottom 7 people move down at the end of the rankings period. I imagine it will get more harsh further up from here :P

I got's a question...

Is there any point in ever playing as Sonic, Tails or Knuckles? 

Lets just take speed characters for now, we have Sonic, Amy and Espio. 

Amy character bonus = Animal score + 100%

Espio character bonus = rings + 75% 

Sonic character bonus = ... erm.... erm... ?

Sonic doesn't have one, neither does Tails or Knuckles, but Vector and Charmy do.

So why even bother with the default characters? 

The only difference I can see where they might have an advantage is their level up bonus' might be better, but this cancels itself out when you factor in their default bonus types. So, is there any point in using Sonic if you have another speed type?

Can you even get that PSO2 stuff in the Canadian version?

That'd be trolly if so lol.

I got's a question...

Is there any point in ever playing as Sonic, Tails or Knuckles?

Lets just take speed characters for now, we have Sonic, Amy and Espio.

Amy character bonus = Animal score + 100%

Espio character bonus = rings + 75%

Sonic character bonus = ... erm.... erm... ?

Sonic doesn't have one, neither does Tails or Knuckles, but Vector and Charmy do.

So why even bother with the default characters?

The only difference I can see where they might have an advantage is their level up bonus' might be better, but this cancels itself out when you factor in their default bonus types. So, is there any point in using Sonic if you have another speed type?

I think that's the whole purpose of the game being free to play. Team Sonic have no bonuses, therefore you gotta spend money on red rings to try and get the other characters (aside from Amy) to get the extra bonuses. There is no incentive to use the default characters, the incentive is on the ones you gotta pay for to try and win, or get really lucky with free spins/collecting enough red star rings in-game to spin the roulette.

• Thumbs Up 1

Preference pretty much,why play as vector when I like Knuckles better besides the ring bonus? So yeah, if you're REALLY in it for whatever score reason or trying to complete a challenge then use the bonus characters otherwise you just use who you like.

IIRC, Hero characters have a distance bonus that isn't explicitly mentioned by the game.

Anyway, I'm done playing Runners now. I've exhausted all fun I'm going to get out it. The fact that I pretty much need to spend real money to have a chance at getting better companions to score higher has just pushed me away from the game. That, and I've seen everything there is to see. 

Not sure if this is completely correct but...

Here is how the game calculates a 1.5 ring day...

Rings collected + companion bonus X 1.5 + player bonus.

So if you have a Chaotix member, your 75% bonus applies last. Meaning a score of 900 rings can easily net you overy 3000 rings.

If you had the Chao which boosts rings. That's even better since it applies before both the 1.5 and the Chaotix bonus!