Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I remember when everyone was singing its praises and claiming this was far different that Dash and Jump Fever.

Well, since I haven't played it, I'll assume it did the normal "Give the player a bunch of fun and fairness until an hour later where we do unbelievable bullshit that forces the player to spend money to have fun"

It really is a shame because if Sega would just drop the whole F2P bullshit and just have released this as a cool app for 69p-£1.69, and ditched all the micro transaction bullshit, the game would have been better for it. It's a real shame that another potentially fun game got let down by a awful system.

I wasn't even that interested in Sonic Runners anyway (still waiting for Sonic Team's game >>) but I'm even less interested now with them not releasing it till God knows when and it being pretty underwhelming anyway. Meh.

Still playing Runners. Up to Ep50-2. It's getting so frustrating, so slow going. The levels which are generated at this stage are supposed to be random and yet 95% of the time I keep getting the flying stage, which is the worst in terms of design. I'm trying to get high scores but it's just not happening. The stages aren't getting harder but, just, errrrrrrrrrrrr....

I really should take a break, but I just want to finish Ep50 (the last episode) and then I'll be done with this game.

This is where I'm up to:

lavmizK.png

I think there is an Ep50-3. Hopefully that will be the last bit.

Yeah, seriously the game just becomes a drag. Its really quite good for a freemium game, but the content is unsurprisingly lacking and once you stop making progress unlocking things you wonder why you're even playing any more. I really wish that the game had both an Endless Running mode or Arcade mode, and also had actual levels ala Jump.

Literally all I'm doing now is daily challenges and I'm not at level 50 yet.

Not too sure why I'm still playing. Kinda curious to see if they do offer a story update due to all that hidden content in there...

Actually there's a thought. Did anyone see how the easter egg hunt ended since it had a story depending on the number of eggs you had? Well... how many people got to he end?

Literally all I'm doing now is daily challenges and I'm not at level 50 yet.

Not too sure why I'm still playing. Kinda curious to see if they do offer a story update due to all that hidden content in there...

Actually there's a thought. Did anyone see how the easter egg hunt ended since it had a story depending on the number of eggs you had? Well... how many people got to he end?

I had 800,000 eggs. The last story cutscene I had was when Sonic and the gang finally met Eggman and stopped him from planting more fake Easter eggs. And that cutscene happened when I had like 350,000 eggs or something.

I still haven't got my Easter egg rank prizes and I didn't use the Merlina/Easter Bunny cheat. I should have Merlina leveled up to max.

Same here. I used he merlina glitch. But it barely helped so I stopped. Though not too bothered. The best prize was the 200 red rings and I was around rank 200 at time of closing which put Mr at the 1x merlina which is a worse prize.

*post*

I think someone had posted about this earlier in the topic. It had a video of DsS doing this glitch I believe. Not trying to like put down your finding, just pointing out it was posted earlier I'm pretty sure.

We knew the Merlina exploit already. There are also RC UFO and Easter Bunny exploits.

No doubt these will be fixed in 1.0.2, since Sega found out there has been some cheating methods used during the Easter event.

I just experienced my first ban for cheating, but had no choice, not progressing much can really effect you. To anyone who is wondering, you get this message when banned. aVCfSw2.jpg

Could anybody tell me what color powers are in the game? I kind of confused by that. Does it mean wisps? Another question I have is what does Merlina do in the game anyway? I found her useless for me. Finally what was the cheat people used in the Easter game? I used Chip to help me there.

The colour powers are drill, laser and asteroid. The Wisps are yellow, cyan and indigo. They're the same thing for what it counts. Merlina will activate a random colour power when you hit a certain combo. Say that number is 1500, then when you combo hits 1500 and every subsequent multiple (3000, 4500, 6000...) a drill, laser or asteroid will activate.

The cheats people used at Easter were to do with switching characters using the sub-character function. Switching characters after reaching the required combo for Merlina and the Easter Bunny would cause their effects to activate again. You could basically use Merlina for infinite colour powers and the bunny for infinite combos.

Whoooohoo! Finished in the top 200 and got Merlina maxed up!!!

3d5ec84c219a751b59162bdde9ae25b4.jpg

I tried the Merlina cheat once during the Egg hunt, luckily I wasn't caught. (But then how would they know it was a mistake? Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought level 8 was the max companion level?

I guess she means maxed out Merlina as much as is possible. You can't win her on the roulette (I think?), so level 5 was the maximum you could get her to with the Easter prizes.

Here is what appears to be that live stream thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QCPMukAlOA

The colour powers are drill, laser and asteroid. The Wisps are yellow, cyan and indigo. They're the same thing for what it counts. Merlina will activate a random colour power when you hit a certain combo. Say that number is 1500, then when you combo hits 1500 and every subsequent multiple (3000, 4500, 6000...) a drill, laser or asteroid will activate.

The cheats people used at Easter were to do with switching characters using the sub-character function. Switching characters after reaching the required combo for Merlina and the Easter Bunny would cause their effects to activate again. You could basically use Merlina for infinite colour powers and the bunny for infinite combos.

Thanks. That confused me about color powers there. I know why that Merlina was useless to me. You need 1,500 combo bonus to activate. I only got that high maybe once. I not get above 1,000 combo bonus that much in the first place.

Ugh... It's been nearly 2 months already, when is Sega going to announce the games release for the rest of the world. The game is practically ready for release in English at least, since the Canadian version has an English option, so why are they being so biased!? 

Ugh... It's been nearly 2 months already, when is Sega going to announce the games release for the rest of the world. The game is practically ready for release in English at least, since the Canadian version has an English option, so why are they being so biased!? 

*bangs head* I wish people stop asking this question over and over.

Thanks. That confused me about color powers there. I know why that Merlina was useless to me. You need 1,500 combo bonus to activate. I only got that high maybe once. I not get above 1,000 combo bonus that much in the first place.

If you maxed up Merlina, it would be 1000 (980 if types match).
  • Thumbs Up 4

Come on. There's like two methods to get this game and this is a soft launch anyways. They may never release it world wide for all we know, so if you really want it, you can get it. You're not missing out on anything really great anyways. It's fun yeah but as people have said it gets dumb later on. Just saying.

So far, I've only unlocked Sonic and Tails as characters. But I have a question. Does anyone enjoy playing as Tails or feel like he's actually beneficial? I dunno, I much prefer Sonic. The main thing about Tails is that he can fly, but considering Sonic can triple jump in this game, it really doesn't make flying matter too much. Plus, when Sonic jumps, he's always curled in a ball and can attack. When Tails flies though, he's vulnerable to getting hit. It makes fighting enemies and Eggman harder...